The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Dear foolish you

Dex-chan lover
That's a lot of gatehouses. Though it's one of those rare cities in manga that actually have farmlands around it.

So fun seeing this drawn out trample over the antagonists.

I've not seen any complaints about the translation. Maybe a comment or question here and there, but no complaints.

I think the biggest part in the chapter is Remilia confiding details about Emi, and that it was basically done as an aside...
Yeah, and the rest is pretty much plans proceeding as planned.

Fed-Kun's army
Damn, I've always enjoyed your releases so I wouldn't have even suspected there were complaints. Thanks for working on this series! Every new chapter brings a lot of joy

Dex-chan lover
Oh, my.
He finished the **** love potion.
be amusing if it was a comic relief moment instead of like sneaking it to everyone there's just suddenly a 'modern'-ish/'magical' look ver of an 'airplane' just spraying 'antidote rain' on the masses XD (tho i guess the only targeted ones were the 'important npcs' rather than the Star Maiden lacing her "charity soup" to the 'peasants'/commoners)

Dex-chan lover
Ill just chime in and say, at least on Mangadex, I haven't seen the hate.

Now, as I somewhat recently peered into a chapter comment section for another manga, where there is a MTL dude actively trying to ruin things for a translation group (I believe the manga is Yowa Yowa sensei), I'm inclined to believe it's a similar profit driven sort of deal.

A member of the scan team there wrote out a long letter, albeit specifically targeting the person on mangadex and their abuse tactics (which they recognize is against MD rules, but hey, what can you do about toxic abusers otherwise?).

I mainly bring this up because I'm pretty sure I recall one or 2 attempts at someone sniping this series, and the chapter I read is no lnoger there. A similar tactic to what's going on elsewhere on this site.

Whether it is or isn't that, please don't fall for the negativity. I know it's easy to listen to the loudest negative guys, but your work is honestly really good. And helps make this great story even better.

So thank you for your work, both here and all previous so far.

Can't wait for the payoff in all its glory.

I don't usually comment but I wanted to say so far y'all's translation is perfectly fine. And I thought the reason for translating old chapters to keep consistency was obvious. As always thanks for the chapter o/

Dex-chan lover
Weird, the complaints must been from somewhere else, i don't think i've see anyone complaining about the translation quality here in mangadex, unless is from the comments in the retranslation of the older chapters, which i haven't check at all aside chapter 1

Most comments are always going off with WN spoilers or something specific that happened in the chapter (like 18 with the crops rotation shit lol), maybe some typo correction or missing text here and there, but nothing big

Something i'd say, is that the text sometimes doesn't flow well because of those same typos and odd choices, like lines that are said by X character and refering to Z, but are translated as it was said by X and refering to themselves, some typos that haven't been fixed, like in ch 15, but aside that the quality of the translation is good, so it goes to the QC or Proofreader in this case that missed something

Thanks for the chapter

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
thank you so much, baddies' asylum!!!!! i always appreciate your high quality translations!!!!!!

Group Leader
Permit me to squeeze in-between all the other comments to bring a small typo (“partnershipposes”) to your attention: It's in page 22 or thereabouts.

Fed-Kun's army
I wouldn't know about MTL complaints aimed toward this series, but I did notice that the English for this chapter somehow feels a bit odd in some areas.

I ain't saying that Baddies' Asylum are MTLers, but it's rather easy to mask an MTL with good editing that can maintain the flow of thought, just as the lack of mastery of the language being translated into can show up with strange grammatical choices even if their mastery of the language being translated is excellent.

This isn't a tongue-in-cheek comment about Baddies' ability to comprehend English, I'm just saying that it might be possible that some people with either a much stronger grasp of English or someone with a different understanding of English might see the translations to be inadequate for their "standards", whatever it might be.

I don't comment often on mangadex forums since it can feel like looking into an echo chamber, but I thought that I'd put my own thoughts about the credits page.

Cheers to Baddies! Thanks for keeping up with the demand for this series.

Dex-chan lover
WTFH?!?!?! How, in what possible way, are their translations bad?! Baddies' Assylum is actually one of the groups I think do great consistently!
I admit I have no clue if the translations themselves are good or not (I have no knack for languages so learning any language not using the ABC's is impossible for me), but the quality of the cleaned chapters and the usage of English is great in comparison with some other translation groups I won't name who don't even check their what an MTL has produced and adapt it to normal sentences before uploading!!

Don't let the downers get to you! You guys are great!!!

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translations.
And it's completely fine.
I saw just one error that stood out on page 6, The "I'm really not surprised at all" line should be, "It seems you're not surprised at all."
He's talking about her not reacting to him revealing he's half demon, not himself.

Double-page supporter
The best revenge is living well and, boy, is Remi ever! She set out to bring all of her enemies' works to naught, has and continues to do so, and made it look easy. And the best is yet to come. As expected of a true villainess! I kneel.

Dex-chan lover
Oh boi you didn't check very carefully then, I assure u I've seen some here and some others on .to and I could understand it could discourage people to continue
Anyways thank you for the amazing work BA !
Well "some" isn't really what I would count... there will basically almost always be at least 1 negative comment on the internet, so I don't get why one would focus on that compared to the 90+% of positive comments?

The worst brunt of "complaining" here was the 1 page bonus chapter, but that was more people being disappointed and harmlessly venting, rather than actual negative feelings towards the TLs and co.

Users who are viewing this thread