The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Dear foolish you

Dex-chan lover
Ohhhhhhh shit, the Prince is getting pwned. This is getting better and better!

Dex-chan lover
Lmao, i feel like this design is the most common out there for cities in these works, all is missing is the river going across it, there is one but it doesn't go all the way, the Isekai Cities meme
X-agon design with splitting river is indeed the most common fantasy design for a city. It's not a bad design though per se, just very generic. But in their defence, walled cities without geographical features tended to become circle-ish even in real life, so can't fault artists with that.

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't know about MTL complaints aimed toward this series, but I did notice that the English for this chapter somehow feels a bit odd in some areas.

I ain't saying that Baddies' Asylum are MTLers, but it's rather easy to mask an MTL with good editing that can maintain the flow of thought, just as the lack of mastery of the language being translated into can show up with strange grammatical choices even if their mastery of the language being translated is excellent.

This isn't a tongue-in-cheek comment about Baddies' ability to comprehend English, I'm just saying that it might be possible that some people with either a much stronger grasp of English or someone with a different understanding of English might see the translations to be inadequate for their "standards", whatever it might be.

I don't comment often on mangadex forums since it can feel like looking into an echo chamber, but I thought that I'd put my own thoughts about the credits page.

Cheers to Baddies! Thanks for keeping up with the demand for this series.

I think this manga in particular is pretty dense. There's a lot of complicated or vague dialogue, because of the nature of the story. While it doesn't seem to use a lot of real-world jargon, the archaic "fantasy" way the characters' speak can't be easy to translate from Japanese, to literal English. Then into vernacular English.

Supporter
I didn’t see any abusive comments about the chapters before but I believe ya,
People can be shitty
Sorry for what you went through and thank you very much for the quality translations, as usual

Double-page supporter
wow i hadnt realized the tl group was receiving hateful comments... im sorry to hear that! i know how demotivating it can be to bear the brunt of that unasked for and unfounded criticism. the translation quality for this manga, from my perspective, has always been stellar. thanks for the release!

Double-page supporter
Sorry to hear that people have been whining and moaning about the wonderful work you guys have done for this manga, they act as if they deserve the translation and anything short of perfect is garbage that they should whine about. Very saddening especially since getting ANY translations at all, even reasonably edited MTL are hard to come by for most series.

Usually the people who appreciate your translations the most don't really express it in the comments, just lurk and keep reading. So, I'll do my part and say that I really appreciate what you guys are doing, and that the job you guys do of translating, typesetting, cleaning/redrawing is phenomenal.

Supporter
The translations from your group are great! I do enjoy it when there is a translators note at the end that explain why certain wording was used as it usually introduces me to concepts that are uniquely Japanese. Which are always fun to learn.

So, for the timeline we have Chapter 18, Start of 19, on Page 5 we jump back two months. Continue flashback into Chapter 20, then jump back forwards on Page 10 to the meeting from the start of Chapter 19.

Page 2 conversation throws me off as I didn't think the 2nd prince knew much about the village at that point.

Dex-chan lover
I can't remember seeing any comments here on MD bashing your TL. In fact, I think 99.9% of us appreciate a lot the work you're doing!

Keep up the good work my dudes!

Double-page supporter
qr7zcgY.png

This kind of scene (page 7) always makes me want to ask if Japanese (and Korean...) artists think women raised their skirts to show their ankles as a form of respect or something.

The idea was to bend the knee when curtsying. But long skirts would end up touching the floor and getting dirty. So one had to hold/slightly raise the skirt to avoid that.

If the character is not curtsying (and bending her knee), there's no reason to raise the skirt.

Dex-chan lover
who the fuck complain, ignore those ignorant,

about time for real show begin

Your TLs are cool asf dudes don't let one or two griefers fuck you up they probably don't do anything else with their lifes anyways.

Dex-chan lover
The translation has been consistently impressive; I can't imagine this series being particularly easy to work with.

On to the chapter itself:

How can you even pretend that's a village?! It's a good-sized city with strong defenses; our girl looks like she's prepared to fend off a siege or two with no issue.

And get owned Willard. The Remilia/Eruhasha double-team has shut his sorry-ass down cold.

Fed-Kun's army
Amazing chapter as always Baddie's Asylum!
How could anyone say that the quality is bad unless they are intentionally being malicious? It's seriously pathetic that people would do this.
I honestly think that your chapters are very high quality and I always look forward to reading anything translated by your group :hearts:.

Now... regarding the chapter:
Only Remilia can do a good deed and make it look like the dastardliest plot imaginable :02:

Dex-chan lover
No wonder this chapter was called “Dear Foolish You” that end letter just hit lol 😂

Users who are viewing this thread