The Otome Heroine's Fight for Survival - Vol. 4 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
Okay so Grave is just a straight up terrorist and one that seems more psychotic than like he has any sort of actual plan. He was going to kill the Princess because... reasons? She herself hasn't done much wrong and is embroiled in the noble's politics. He wanted to kill the MC just now based on the fact that she was too good at her job so she HAD to have a connection to the nobles? So he both doesn't have proof and doesn't know what that hypothetical connection is. If he's just killing nobles or people with connection to nobles then he should off himself.

Dex-chan lover
bullshit after bullshit, like this grave guy doesnt even make sense to the plot but somehow he is the antagonist

Dex-chan lover
My only gripe with this manga is that I get the vibe that a lot was lost in adaptation from a light novel (I'm not even sure if it was a LN originally) to make the pace faster. I would have preferred it go slower but not skip over stuff, sometimes it feels disjointed.
Seems like there's missing details on what kind of poisons she's slinging around. Where would she even get stimulants?

Dex-chan lover
Okay so Grave is just a straight up terrorist and one that seems more psychotic than like he has any sort of actual plan. He was going to kill the Princess because... reasons? She herself hasn't done much wrong and is embroiled in the noble's politics. He wanted to kill the MC just now based on the fact that she was too good at her job so she HAD to have a connection to the nobles? So he both doesn't have proof and doesn't know what that hypothetical connection is. If he's just killing nobles or people with connection to nobles then he should off himself.

Grave is... Complicated. He was, up until this point, a big member in the dark side of the kingdom. The same dark side that will murk merchants, nobles, even princes and princesses if they're dangerous "to the country" (as nebulous as that sounds.) And he was extremely patriotic. Y'know, "My soul for the kingdom!" levels.

To him, Aria is an unknown, and worse, a child that's far too talented for her age, who got close to at least one prominent figure. That, and his already somewhat twisted values, push him over the edge.

It's no spoiler to say he has good reason to run, because he knows he's gone rogue with this attempt.

That he's not only gone rogue, he's gone cuckoo. And a very powerful assassin who's gone cuckoo is bad news for a lot of people.

Dex-chan lover
Aria is clinging to life and freedom with all her might. Grave has made the worst enemy he could of made in his universe.. the literal fated MC! (Not that she wants to be.)

Dex-chan lover
My only gripe with this manga is that I get the vibe that a lot was lost in adaptation from a light novel (I'm not even sure if it was a LN originally) to make the pace faster. I would have preferred it go slower but not skip over stuff, sometimes it feels disjointed.
If you knew how much the pace was slowed down by overexplanation you wouldn't be saying this. The pacing of the novel is actually super slow because the author feels like they have to explain in detail everything.

Dex-chan lover
This very site links the novel.

It does feel quite off that MC is so invested in the princess, they had 1? Scene together talking on a balcony, thats enough for her to abandon all safety and dive into noble society of schemes and assassinations? Like please, does the princess have a charm cheat or what.
if you read the novel you will see how the princess thinks and feels; basically they are very alike in their thinking, which made them bond and have a close relationship

Dex-chan lover
He was going to kill the Princess because... reasons? She herself hasn't done much wrong and is embroiled in the noble's politics. He wanted to kill the MC just now based on the fact that she was too good at her job so she HAD to have a connection to the nobles? So he both doesn't have proof and doesn't know what that hypothetical connection is. If he's just killing nobles or people with connection to nobles then he should off himself.
Better worry than sorry

What’s in his head

Aggregator gang
wait so whos grave again???
was he the guy who took aria in while she was still pretending to be a boy n raised her???
cuz i coulda sworn dat guys hair was darker...

Dex-chan lover
So this dude wanted to kill her just because she was too good at her job?
"Who are you? Why you so sketchy?! Stop not getting stabbed!"

Not because she's good at her job, but rather he sees her as a wild card that threaten the path to 'stability' he seeks.
She has unknown past, is unpredictable, and has the strength to actually cause changes in the people she interact with.

There's also the more potential meta aspect
Of him basically being 'attracted' to Aria much like in the OG game.

Though instead of thinking of her as a pure flower to protect in OG story.
Now she's something unknown, yet she live rent free in his head. Atm his priority is still on 'stability' so he chose to get rid of the feeling making him unstable.

Then obviously she'll be back, and live even more rent free in his head. At that point he pretty much become full on obsessed with her.

Users who are viewing this thread