The Perks of Working in the Black Magic Industry - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - The Start of Beach Season at Lightstone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
I appreciate the scanlation and all, but I didn't come here to get educated about racism, I came here to see some fucking anime tiddies

>everything is political

That's the statement people love to use when they need justification for harassing artists on twitter.

The deepest the "politics" get in this manga is "labour laws in Japan are really shitty and need reform"
There a no big message on racism, immigration, or any call for the "anti-white" rhetoric you've put forth in previous credits.

Keep the virtue signaling to Twitter where everyone can ignore it.

Supporter
Love to read the asspain that these last pages included by @Koolio generate, all for just saying that people shouldn't be racist shitheads. The fact that there is backlash pretty much proves his point that there are legitimate racist shitheads on this site that don't like being called out. One of them were asspained enough to make a troll translation full of stale ass /pol/ memes and racial slurs to try to get back at him.

Dex-chan lover
Communists and nazis belong in the same mass grave. 2020 year of tankie genocide.

Mmm...
Yeah, you're right.
Thats all, thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
@bradlife UwU between 46 and 116 million people have been executed by communist regimes since 1900 but that's ok since they were all nasty fascists anyway, disregard that we are only counting their own citizens and not casualties of war. stalin did nothing wrong uwu uwu shut your fucking petit bourgeois face

For anyone not keeping track this is a series about a worker entering into a disrespected field of work after being treated as an equal in interview by someone in the field who saw her co-worker lose their life in pursuit of capital. Shortly after the hire, he immediately puts his life on the line for a homeless person crushed by debt, expecting nothing in return, and helps get her life back on track. Later he blows the whistle on worker exploitation and wage theft, and extrajudicially dismantles the companies involved. Then he is presented with the opportunity to exploit undocumented indigenous peoples for profit, and turns it down despite their history of not paying taxes, and instead supports the creation of opportunities for them of their own design to accommodate their lives.

So yeah, not political at all.

Supporter
@bonerland Okay, why are you giving me this statistic? I'm not a tankie and have no problem saying fuck communism and fuck every communist regime that has happened. Not everybody who disagrees with you is a Nazi or tankie, don't be such a snowflake. :^)

@Bradlife some people are still trapped in the Cold War. You can't say something sensible without triggering the Commie Alarm.

Fed-Kun's army
Just as a smart consumer understands the terms of the product (readers put up with a translator's quirks to understand a story not in their immediate market), a smart provider understands the terms of the sale (translator puts up with readers' quirks to gain appreciation for their effort).

All I will say is that I'm grateful for your translation, but there's a fine line between presenting connected topics in your translation and abusing your accrued trust to lead your "customers" towards a personal agenda.

Dex-chan lover
@bradlife to be honest i just @'ed the first guy i saw making excuses. Saying that anyone who does not want to be executed during the red terror 2: electric boogaloo is racist is a deliberately ignorant stance to take. Communism is not some woke workers utopia, it's a horrible repressive and violent state, fascist at it's core.

When I see people take their sides just to #BashTheFash it pisses me off to no end, you can't resist one evil by siding with the other one.

Aggregator gang
Pretty sure everyone who read this manga did it just for the tiddies and we could be talking about tiddies instead of politics right now if it were not for the credit page.

Fed-Kun's army
@bosmo
You gotta admit that this chapter was pure setup for a character introduction and that there wasn't any immediate quandary with a real-life equivalent (except possibly the gauging of "sufficient force" in that overkill would also cause unavoidable casualties).

Fed-Kun's army
There's a reason I filtered most of the comments already.

Can't wait to see how his dad reacts to his son joining a black magic company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread