The Politics Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
Launching MONOPOLYMONEY...

Hsh9ckV.png

Launching monopoly money saved the world. All praise Reagan for being a politician when politicians where good

in that sea was me: a feminist gender studies major
the author is a college student majoring in womans studies and intending on attending law school following graduation

Not sure how owning a gun is equal to killing a baby. She doesn't even mention guns in the article. Did she even film any of it to support her claims?

Dex-chan lover
If government doesn't have the right to deny you a gun, it also doesn't have the right to deny abortions to women either.

I'm pro choice but this is a massive non-sequitur

Not to mention, who the fuck made this argument against being pro-choice? This is where addressing the person in question instead of vague posting would really help

Dex-chan lover
@EOTFOFYL You disappoint me with posting a Polandball comic on Guns being a religion and not mentioning the Glorious Savior of Operators, the Mudercube.

@CyanHide Depending on your access to machine tools I'd want to suggest making some of the parts yourself if possible, if quality of some of the build kits are an issue.

Dex-chan lover
@2SpiritCherokeePrincess you should pay for your own abortions and medical expenses, just like how we pay for our own firearms and ammunition

Fucking leeches thinking respecting the lawful citizen’s property and their willingness to defend and arm themselves is the same as approving for taxpayer funded child slaughter

Drinking Game Time:
Take a shot every time Biden’s administration fixates on black people and natives while ignoring everyone else because they are “too successful.”

Hard Mode:
Chug a keg every time Biden’s administration does something Trump’s did and claims it’s “different” when called out.

Dex-chan lover
@M0NST3R
Unfortunately,
polandball allows one cube,
"Oy vey!" I dare say.
ida2bdcqfsd11.png

@Halo
Of course not, you'll interfere with the invisible hands of the free market!
6jP1bdx.png

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane
Not to mention, who the fuck made this argument against being pro-choice? This is where addressing the person in question instead of vague posting would really help

Imma use some fallacies here to be a "white knight"(?)

A thief is entitled to the same legal protections as any citizen; their moral standings is not a factor in their civil rights.

In the same vein, Even if a "valued" internet individual keeps spewing questionable arguements that induces headaches. Attacking them personally ain't right even if I really want to check what is in that beautifully unwrinkled brain.

Dex-chan lover
@CyanHide

I think in the circumstances of rape, incest, or potential danger to the mother’s life and/or health, either insurance should pay or the courts can rule if it should be funded by the state or the offender depending on the circumstances. The latter would include reimbursing people who had to pay for an abortion due to how long the court system takes.

Abortions as a means of birth control should be out of pocket unless covered by insurance. Contraception should be seen as preferable in most circumstances.

@wowfucktron

Fuck me that drinking game is more lethal than a Biden approved dronestrike

@Teddy

I’m afraid I don’t follow your logic here. A thief isn’t entitled to the same legal protections as any citizen. Instead, if they have been shown in a court of law to be a criminal, then they can face various persecutions like being fined or imprisoned. They still have certain protections and rights but not the same as a free person.

But that situation isn’t applicable to insults really. If you have made an argument that addresses their points, calling them an idiot doesn’t invalidate the point, unless the argument is entirely insults in which case it’s an ad hominem. I don’t think insulting a person is something that becomes immoral if it’s done to anyone really, because I don’t think generally insults are immoral in and of themselves without additional context

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane

Indeed, a criminal's freedom is taken as their punishment. I didn't make myself clear; I was only thinking of in terms of crimes commited against the thief rather than the legal process being taken out eg. (Thief should still be protected from unreasonable wardens, revenge crimes from victims, journalist harassment, discrimination) . I definitely should have mentioned that; my bad.

(The above also doesn't entertain the idea that justice is less important than Rehabilitation/Restitution In my opinion. Jail lengths that arbitarily coincides with commited crimes is less useful to society than self-improvement workshops and behavioral therapies; but that's quite a tangent)

I agree insults depend on the context in which they are given. However I still dont think that insults are necessary when discussing issues that are raised (atleast when compromises/solutions are being sought out, something I hoped Political discussion would achieve, but more likely a pipe dream).

I feel that insults are only worthwhile as social expression to show one's negative emotion; that an opposing party has wronged them or that they require assistance. With that idea I guess then it is natural for people to insult political opponents (as compromises are no longer sought out, but only to express one's annoyance at a different opinion to both show their stance and also to garner support)

Ofcourse when an insult is expected to be taken without harm instead to grow relationships; eg shooting the wind with a mate. Everything I said goes out the window.

Malicious insults on otherhand only to induce harm/pain on another. Perhaps a revenge to soothe a rage or to stroke or ego is terms of bullying; doesn't sit well with me; but its difficult to judge which type of insults is being made over the internet especially in discussions with whirlpools of emotions

P.s I think I'm having cognitive dissonance on what I logically think is right and what my emotions feel is right

CNN and the media are currently “fact-checking” a bunch of /pol/ memes on TV right now.

What reality did I wake up in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread