The Politics Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
@wowfucktron I feel somewhat uncomfortable when Americans blame Russians or Chinese or whatever foreign countries for their own problems. "Russians did this." "Chinese did this." "Some random fuckers in XYZ did this." And so on. At some point, these Americans will just have to look in the mirror and point the middle finger at themselves. You can't blame other people for your own self-destruction. It's not like Americans are too smart or too perfect and doing stupid things, which is something we've seen quite often, regardless of whether Rs or Ds want to deny their own wrongdoings.

Dex-chan lover
@Mr_Detective

They do do quite a bit of fuckery but otherwise yeah, it's tiresome. Could just be leftover mentality from the Cold War, who knows...

Dex-chan lover
True in a sense, but it's somewhat pointless to hold an entire population culpable for a society's degradation when you take into account the fact that the vast majority of people ultimately 'go with the flow', intentionally or otherwise. Unfortunately the underlying status quo is predominantly set by those with authority.

From+where+youre+kneeling+it+must+seem+like+an+18carat+_dfe31426e0956fea3b521bfd94fe85ad.png

Dex-chan lover
i freaking love putting Benny on the cross...
ps: Love this game and still play it

Dex-chan lover
Btw is anarchy and survival of the strongest far left? Considering it does not like govs?

@Teddy

Those are Deauthoritharianism? Decentralization of gov power etc. Or basically let's have no gov
and use this instead. Anarchy is weird, Survival of fittest is just Warlord Tribalism again.

So, not exactly 1:1 or Far Left because it's not on the conventional political spectrum of Gov or ideas.
Honestly these are very not mainstream and kinda are *let's have no Gov ideas, which tends to create dictators, warlords and new city states and government to fill the new void.

Aka, not useful as ideas.

Dex-chan lover
Pretty sure it's the opposite given conservatives in the 20th century wanted to censor everything because of Satanism or communism and tried to block evolution and other scientific teachings from school, along with suppressing gay rights.

Now it feels like the conservatives are the only ones who will give you a conversation

(Yes, and I am aware of the irony of someone who has probably blocked half the people in this thread because they disagree with her)

now watch as that person will say you're wrong and posts another mental gymnastics mucho texto meme

Yeah after reading the wiki, I think we should spectrum authoritarianism apart from the
historical political connotations. The definition article on the wiki is too focused on it's relation to conservative fascism and doing mental gymnastics.

Where would absolute monarchies go? Those are Authoritarian, but you can't exactly
call Napoleaon 3's France modern wiki definition conservative Authoritarian because France was the literal
the Origin of Liberalism and modern European Enlightenment/ civil rights.

And Stalinist Communism is definitely left leaning authoritarianism in the world
like the dreaded Chinese communist party of the 1960s. Yet, the article shoves it in as Post-totalitarian authoritarian regimes No, it's just authoritarian. You need all those adjectives cause your wiki article is using Authoritarian as a conservative fascist idea only. Which is dumb.

If anything, Anarchy doesn't fit. That seems more like a lack of government. Seems cowardly to say only
left leaning jackasses love a power vacuum, almost everyone awful loves a power vacuum for coups takeovers.

--------------------------------

Less gov enforcementby force<------------------------> More gov enforcement by force
Anarchy<-----Libertarianism--------> Authoritarianism

*edit: This clearer? IDK. The wikis articles don't fit correctly in my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly though I love how people just stereotypes all people under their political preferences as if everyone is under different hive minds.

Why don't we just call ourselves all tribalism so that we are in the same political camp and work together to send resources to less poorer areas, lower global warming, perhaps engineer better tasting, cheaper, more nutritional faux meats so animals aren't brought up to be slaughtered

I've seen more people who lean left have fits than I've seen people who lean right over political disagreements. Probably the old adage of "You're a Democrat when you're young, and a Republican when you're older." Young adults tend to be swayed by emotional reasoning more often than not. Obviously a stereotype, but they often have a kernel of truth to them.
I am a registered Democrat, if that clears any possible assumptions about me.

Dex-chan lover
You have to be registered in American as your political preference?

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane
After the latest Cherokeeprincess post, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she just turned out to be a parody account. I can't even imagine what goes on in a grown adult's mind if they unironically agree with that poor attempt at a meme.

@teddy
It's complicated, so I'll give you a simple version. Democrat, Republican, or declared as independent to be qualified to vote in local and national primaries. The lesser parties you can register with but all of them are jokes that are locked out of relevance via lack of funding. There is an Independent party but it doesn't classify as independent of party association.

@bigtiddyoneesan
I'm starting to agree with that notion, but there is the (small) chance that she is being completely serious. If she is serious, then she needs to get off the internet because she is showing symptoms of the beginning stages of radicalization via the internet.

Anyone else ever think about how great the world would be if our biggest mistake in the past 100 years didn't happen? 😧

Dex-chan lover
@firelight

Um listening to we didnt start the fire. Which one do you mean

Also why do you have to be registered to a party to vote. Whats is the point in that? Sounds like a easy way to gerrymander

@Teddy you don't have to register a party affiliation to vote. Primaries are actually separate from our voting system and controlled by individual parties not govco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread