The Politics Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
@immortalartisan The inauguration of Biden & Harris is January 20th, in front of the U.S. Capitol. They don't technically have power until then, but they are receiving information from various government agencies about the state of the country. Expect them to speak out on TV a lot as well.

Double-page supporter
Seems DC police have killed at least two protesters already. But you won't hear the news channels bemoan that fact, or any further killings, because these protesters were pro-Trump.

Fed-Kun's army
BLM Protests: Burns Down a Target, occupies an (abandoned) police precent, and a block inside Seattle and Portland.
MAGApede protest: Occupies the Capitol Building, gets access to government emails and hard drives, steals government furniture.

I don't know guys, it's really hard to choose who outperformed who.

Dex-chan lover
Real life South Park episode.
Hoping for a sequel tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘Œ

Jnu6X7o.jpg

NCxG6XJ.jpg

Double-page supporter
@chrona

Don't forget that BLM protests have torn down statues, burned down much more than a single Target, and I believe have occupied various government buildings at least briefly (other lefty protests in recent years certainly have, it's hard to keep them all separate in my mind).

And the media all the while called them "peaceful protests" and made big deals out of the police doing something like destroying their water stations.

Meanwhile today, no indication of violence, and yet media is calling this a "violent riot" and a "mob", and cheering the police who shot and killed an unarmed woman.

How can anyone not see the bias?

Dex-chan lover
no indication of violence
lmao
https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1346903150947655685
https://twitter.com/max_sergal/status/1346925661659799553
https://twitter.com/WilliamTurton/status/1346940440935870472

Peaceful protesters btw. ๐Ÿ˜

Contributor
twitter videos
That's not helping your case, you know? Even here, while our news stations called them "mobs", most we've seen is people forming queues to illegally enter, crowds "attacking" the police and people violently destroying equipment with no actual injuries to the media people. Material damages? Yeah. Criminal? Sure, that's illegal entry and destruction of private property. Wanton violence? Nah.

LMAO @ people who believe that's a violent protest.
yvOVP2D.jpeg

Double-page supporter
https://twitter.com/moonddng/status/1346924307692318723

Protesters being let into the Capitol by police.

Dex-chan lover
You're right. This is how violent protests look like https://twitter.com/mrjeffu/status/1346744290144206848?

I'm sure this patriot was just on his way to take a selfie, nothing suspicious about him.

lmao

edit: I just noticed some of them wore masks. Must be undercover libs ๐Ÿ˜ก

Contributor
wearing masks means criminal
Holy shit, you really know nothing about protests and just resort to profiling, right? People who don't want to be recognized wear masks, that's not an indicator of guilt. If it were, then most of the people protesting against our previous president (hey, we've cycled through 4 in one term, and only one of those was because of a protest!) would've been the terrorists that our media painted them as.

US of A politics really is a very divisive topic for their citizens.

Dex-chan lover
wearing masks means criminal
Is that a whoosh?
I was referring to how Donald supporters notoriously refuse to wear masks on their rallies because "covid is fake" or whatever they believe.

Or wait, are you actually blind and don't see the huge ass zip ties?

Dex-chan lover
If you didn't criticize the violence in the George Floyd protests, or called them "mostly peaceful," then any criticisms of this protest is null and void.

I don't support any violence. I condemn any violence, but if you have tried all legal avenues have collapsed and all peaceful means of trying to seek justice or appeasement, then it is time to remind the government that they must obey the consent of the governed, and if they refuse to follow it, then it is time for the people to demand of the government that their voice is heard and that the government MUST respect their rights. Ideally, this should be done peacefully, if through extreme, measures such as non-violent demonstration, but the US has historically had instances of revolution, such as the American Revolution. Ideally I would prefer civil disobedience, hunger strikes, etc. Violence only begets violence, and I fear that this instance will lead to the outright oppression by the government and large tech to censor, grab power, and limit the rights of the population, which will only lead to more civil unrest.

The rule of law has collapsed, and these next few days will determine the fate of the nation. It will determine if we mimic the fall of the Roman Republic, the French Revolution, or the Fall of the Weimar Republic, or even if this leads to the second Gilded Age of American history, where our country is plagued with rampant corruption, riots and violence, division, the suppression of our rights, and the rise of massive monopolies that care not for the rights of workers nor consumers.

Perhaps what the best thing for our government at this point is a contingent election or, god forbid, martial law.

Contributor
I mean it because you're really profiling. Having masks is not an indicator of whether the guy is there to commit violence or not, nor of whether he's conservative or liberal or whatever new political label you US of A citizens come up with. Also, what the hell do the zip-ties have to do with anything? He's gonna beat someone to death with them? A plant? A falseflagger? Actual protests have them in strategic places, but who knows?
Also, it's my fault for not noticing that your image was a link. Holy fuck, that guy is full of shit. "Domestic terrorists" my ass, he really reminds me of some of our piece-of-shit congressists.

@Tamerlane
Hear, hear. Although, my take on the matter of people demanding their due rights is best expressed here. But maybe that's because of my country.

Dex-chan lover
so, what the hell do the zip-ties have to do with anything? He's gonna beat someone to death with them?
Yep, because this is what zip ties are for. ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
A friend was watching the news report of a spanish news channel and it had a live chat (great idea /s) filled with bots, trolls and people that claimed that "comunist Biden" was going to fall and that the USA will stay strong and some othere religious messages about Jesus and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread