The Politics Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
@Ceildric

Nah, I blame 100% of my OCD tendencies on my autism. Sometimes, you need a little bit of autism to cut through the sea of bullshit in the world and not care about what people think in the pursuit of truth or consistency. Plus AP taught me how to ramble with a point and with a through line, which is a skill that is invaluable.

I will probably always still hold my left wing positions, such as being pro-choice, in favor of a public option, concerned with the rights of the working class American, have a variety of controlled immigration that is manageable based on the needs of the country, in favor of governmental regulation to ensure worker's rights, consumer's rights, and environmental protection if economical, and in favor of the right of adults to transition into whatever sex they want or to marry whomever they wish to. These don't come up very often because the conversation seems to have radically shifted and more moderate policies like these somehow are painted as right-wing nowadays.

@comeonnow0

Twitter specifically incentivizes short, laconic replies that have very little thought or effort put into them, and that are full of as much smugness and self-aggrandizement as possible. It is one of the worst social media platforms because any development of nuance, intricacy, or discussion is outright rejected in favor of "owning the libs." Not to mention that basically everyone from Tumblr migrated over there and Twitter became the hotbed of cancel culture immediately, and because of all the people with blue checkmarks thinking that it means that they're more important than everyone, they spew hot garbage into everyone's face. Now that its outright censorious with no pretense of being a neutral actor or free platform, things will only get worse.

Fuck 'em.

Dex-chan lover
@Halo

Just going to assume it's another revolutionary manifesto or vote fraud conspiracy theory.

Wrong on both fronts and you've basically just vindicated everything I said about you in that post. Funny how things work out, don't they?

yE2k2G.gif

@Ivegotnolife

Based on previous crowd size, it will likely be like 4 people who aren't government officials or security and everyone else will be Trump supporters there to fuck with them.

I honestly don't think there is a viable solution to the divide in the US at this point. No one is interested in compromise because it is wrongly perceived as losing. My way or the highway is now modus operandi.

This is honestly quite terrifying because some people will interpret it as justification to continue or a reason to give up and become an accelerationist.

Everyone wants to be a "superhero" fighting for what they believe is right. That is a recipe for disaster because nothing is more corrosive and destructive than a person who truly believes they are just.

I do wonder if the surge in blockbuster superhero movies caused more people to feel justified in fighting their own perceptions of "tyranny."

Subliminal messaging and iconography are tools more powerful than bombs. Its how memes became weaponized.

Dex-chan lover
New video: https://youtu.be/cJOgGsC0G9U?t=20m04s (timestamped to the spicy part (it's a pun 😜))

@Tamerlane Get back to me when you decide to address the murder of a police officer, found assault rifles, molotov, pipe bombs, zip cuffs...

Dex-chan lover
mKuLn8Z.png

I'm not too happy about this tbh. Good riddance, but doing it only now is sleazy.
Suddenly, after the government has changed, all these tech companies found conscience. Yeah, right.

Dex-chan lover
@Halo

Completely irrelevant to everything to everything I just said. You can continue to misrepresent my argument that you haven’t read or you can be an adult about this. You’re just digging yourself deeper here.

@Ceildric

This is the most blatant power grab from Silicon Valley. Twitter bans the account of the standing President, and when he moved to another platform, they colluded to remove all access to that platform. Monopolies in action. This is the birth of a fascist state. Not to mention all the unrelated sites which have been similarly purged like Kiwi Farms and the fact Steve Bannon just lost his podcast.

This is a political purge, make no doubt about it.

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane It wasn't meant to be relevant to what you said, only to the thread itself.
Yesterday you were defending these people, so I'm genuinely interested in what you have to say now.

Group Leader
@Tamerlane Asking redditors like that to address you in a coherent manner is like asking Yamcha to go Super Saiyan.

On another unrelated note, are you interested in moving to another country and teach English there?

@Ceildric Just use PC, I guess? Or run 3rd party app.

After this, Americans can shove it every time they lecture another country about freedom or whatever.

Dex-chan lover
@Halo

I condemn all violence that was not in self defense, and anyone planning to do violence from the onset If what you are saying is trying and we can confirm that there were people that were planning to use the pipebombs for terrorist activities, I condemn them, but I do not they that they are reflective of the whole and the people that came for a peaceful protest should not be condemned due to guilt by association.

However, if things keep escalating and the establishment keeps taking power away from the people, disenfranchising them, and stripping them of their rights, then violence will be justified, even if I personally have disdain for it. We're not at that threshold yet, fortunately, so there is still time to prevent further escalation, but the way that Big tech and Washington are going about this will not quell the animosity nor the tensions. These next few weeks will decide the fate of the entire country, and I can only pray the Republic makes it out in one piece with all our rights in tact.

Regardless, I will side with the constitution and the values of the founding principles of the United States, whoever's side that may be in the coming weeks.

"I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It" is lost on many because they have no clue or care in the world about the basic freedoms of others.

It doesn't matter until it happens to them, until then, eyes shut.

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane
I condemn all violence that was not in self defense
Does this also apply to the people who invaded the Capitol and were confronted by the police?

...and stripping them of their rights
What does this mean? In what way they were stripped of their rights?

Fed-Kun's army
You have no Rights. You have Privileges. Because Rights aren't Rights if somebody can take them away.
1st Amendment only applies to the government, not private companies.

Dex-chan lover
@Halo
Who knows? They literally forced their way in and the only reason they didn't get any further was because guns were drawn. As for the second part, I'm predicting another wall of text on freedom of speech.

Sidenote, a mass of humans pushing generates a stupid amount of force 😳

Dex-chan lover
‘Proud Boys Hawaii’ founder arrested after returning to Honolulu following US Capitol riots
They finally got him, bros 😢
JRmFSMY.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread