The Politics Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
Sweden allegedly tried this approach and it didn't work at all.

California's been locked down from day one, and their death toll dwarfs Sweden's.
It's ironic how some of the areas with the most Draconian measures forced onto the citizens are also the biggest hot spot even now. šŸ‘»

Dex-chan lover
If the "internet keyboard philosopher" dude bites the dust, we know who to report to the police. =w=
Definitely!
Vaguely recalls Timur rambling about a indian death hex, and creepy redrum crows chanting....
Naw it's probably nothing! šŸ˜ @EOTFOFYL is definitely sus!

86219630-830x1024.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
479ujr.jpg

This-Jason-Mask-wont-protect-you-from-COVID19-but-itll-sure-help-with-social-distancing.jpg

83cc0b6ce48ba7f65fee72ed9ea7af9e--horror-movie-memes-horror-movies.jpg

c09fd88c4b7b796cdec8e2306f7f2624--horror-icons-horror-art.jpg

cheezburger-image-6736096000

768ca193b45477052e97a820941539e7--i-love-true-love.jpg

11041543cb0d9852e6441901cb0cec40f67abdaev2_hq.jpg

Doesn't use hurtful, and nonPC speech, But isn't afraid of getting dirty, and cleaning up the swamp! He's perfect! šŸ˜‚

Dex-chan lover
I'm surprised by the absence of centrists in this thread defending Coronavirus and its right for existence.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@Halo
Does it really count since viruses aren't technically alive? They're just RNA and some proteins, not a living thing by our definition.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@Chrona
True, for some reason the Universe just wants you and every life form's life to die and cease motion.

Dex-chan lover
tenor.gif

Corona virus was here first! We are the trespassers!

IMG_2460.jpg

viruses aren't technically alive? They're just RNA and some proteins, not a living thing
@richman
Then there is the Prions just a killer protein even lower the a RNA based virus!
Another reason to not eat brains! šŸ¤Ŗ

Dex-chan lover
Ah sure sure, and why is it that none of these affidavits are admitted to court? Maybe instead of affidavits I should call them...hearsay. No, it's clearly a grand conspiracy to keep the people from knowing the truth!

If you say "I have directly seen, participated in, or have found evidence of fraud" it is not "hearsay." It's clear that you're trying to use the phrase "hearsay" to dismiss them outright without having to actually check the veracity of the claims because "hearsay" is not admissible evidence, but an affidavit is admissible evidence by all accounts of the law.

Why have they not been admitted into the courts? Because the cases keep being thrown out of technicalities or have been refused an evidentiary hearing. It does not mean the evidence is wrong or incorrect necessarily, but that the courts have been throwing the cases out. (Not all of the cases, mind you, and not all affidavits would apply to all lawsuits.)

There are a few reasons for this pattern. For starters, courts don't generally want to be involved in electoral matters as they're meant to present themselves as neutral arbiters, even if it's clear that many of the judges are activists. Secondly, we saw a lot of political pressure being placed on individuals to rule against trump, with threats of violence directed towards people such as the leader of the General Services Administration, Emily Murphy, and Wayne County Republican certifiers who received threats to certify the election despite their objection towards the fact the books were unbalanced. This does not include the issue that judges have of being integrated into politics and wanting to stay in good terms with their political peers, so they don't want to step out of line too much. Some of the technicalities included that the case failed under laches, meaning it was too late to sue, or that they didn't have standing to sue such as with the Supreme Court case. The effect when many courts do this is that they don't even have to look at the merits of the case at all, and can just dismiss it or make it so they can throw out a case outright.

I never claimed an overarching conspiracy that all the courts were in on. It's more likely that self-interest, bias, and political partisanship is to blame. What I am saying is that because there wasn't a court like SCOTUS to address these concerns or any real means of seeking justice, what has resulted is a lot of disgruntled people who have not had their day in court or have been able to seek their concerns addressed through a proper legal channel. This is how governments lose the consent of the governed, and this is how revolutions start, if the founding fathers are anything to go by given that they had no means to seek parliament or the judiciary for a fair trial given it was always in England.

Oh you poor soul, little did you realize I don't subscribe to either party. I just despise a specific cult.
I don't either, but I try to base my views on what evidence I have and on empirical data rather than positioning myself in opposition to a specific ideology and base my positions on being it's antithesis. My goal is to find the truth, not to comply with some elephant or ass.

Stop moving the fucking goal post, the claim was that there is mass election fraud from the Biden Campaign.
A) No, this is not moving the goal posts. What I am pointing out is that she may be representative of a larger issue within politics, given that ballot harvesting and coercion of the poor and elderly into voting certain ways have been issues in past elections and it may be representative of a wider trend in politics. You told me you wanted evidence of election fraud, here is evidence of election fraud.

B) The core thesis was that there were many indicators that would call the legitimacy of the election into question, especially within specific parts of various counties such as Fulton, Maricopa, Wayne, etc. I doubt the Biden campaign, itself, was involved as much as people who wanted Biden to win were heavily involved. It's an important distinction, and it indicates to me you were looking for evidence of direct involvement from Biden or his campaign which I was not looking for.

...Is this for real? It's his job.

It's an appeal to authority and ethos. Just because someone's vocation is something does not mean that they are necessarily right or correct. People say or do incorrect things all the time, and it's our job to hold them to account for it. You can not base an epistemological argument on someone's credentials alone without additional context or ability to cross-examine their work. There's a reason scientists go through a rigorous process of peer review, testing, replication, metanalysis, etc., and not just follow the guy who has the most diplomas from various institutions.

When he does not cite his methodology, his sources, where he got the information from and when it conflicts with independent reports that just cross-reference public records, I begin to doubt his authenticity, especially when he has motive to lie given he oversaw the installation of dominion machines and refuses to cooperate with the President's legal team to see each other's data, as per the phone call with Raffensperger.

Ah yes, because saying nothing is totally better.

And I was the one accused of moving the goal posts. You presented the argument that he had no reason to help a "blue president," and I presented several to why it would be in his best interest, and now somehow the argument is whether or not it's wise for him to say nothing. I met your argumentative standards by speculating one potential motivation that's feasible given what we do know. Don't twist the argument I'm making into something it's obviously not.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/15/politics/camilo-sandoval-voter-integrity-fund/index.html
"Matt Braynard, told CNN the group has found some evidence of voters illegally voting across state lines, they haven't made any evidence public"
Okay, you gonna share that shit or what?

Aside from the fact CNN is basically a propaganda network at this point who have just been lying non-stop for the last 6 years, I can say that they have presented evidence at both the Arizona hearing and that all their evidence is literally cross-referencing public records, cold-calls, etc. Here's him presenting his evidence at the Arizona State Legislature.

I haven't heard him talk about the state line claims, specifically, though he has talked about illegal immigrant voting and ballots being cast in the names of people who had previously moved out of the state, including Nahshon Garrett, an Olympian who had someone vote in his name in Maricopa county. Here is his affidavit.

Additionally, here's Matt Bryand's sworn report for the Georgia case.

I'm sure you'll hold him to the same standard as Gabriel Sterling given they're both men with credentials and won't hold him to a standard you didn't hold Sterling to at all.

"Me waiting for evidence of widespread voter fraud."

At this point, I need you to define your terms of what qualifies as "evidence" in your mind, as if you keep rejecting sworn witness statements under threat of perjury, expert testimony, statistical anomalies, forensic analysis, video evidence, etc., I want you to explain to me what qualifies as "evidence." (Keep in mind that "evidence" is not synonymous with "proof," as a piece of evidence is just an indication something has occurred, not some smoking gun)

Also, just so we can be as specific as possible, define "widespread." Because if I'm citing very regionalized cases of potential tampering, vote manipulation or other specialized circumstances, that could not be seen as "widespread" because it's regionalized. Do you mean in regards to ballot number? Area between irregularities in polling places? What do you mean exactly?

Also note that in this conversation we're using "fraud" in a more colloquial sense so it includes impropriety, not just the strictly legal definition. The Trump Lawyer from that cherry-picked snippet is probably trying to be charitable and assume impropriety, as fraud may imply intent which is very hard to prove within a court of law.

No you don't.

Wow, imagine unironically saying "no u" and having that be your entire rebuttal. I guess charity and good faith is out the window.

@EOTFOFYL

Dex-chan lover
@Ivegotnolife

I've been waiting to respond to formulate my thoughts, more or less. I don't want to respond to something with a half-assed, heat-of-the-moment thought. Or at least more half-assed.

@Halo

I'm surprised by the absence of centrists in this thread defending Coronavirus and its right for existence.

Pretty sure that's not really a centrist talking point as much as a leftist talking point, given it's more common I've seen in their rhetoric.

Even then I'd argue that nothing really has a right to existence given we neither have control over when or how we are born and when or how we will die, nor can we really even control how are life goes, so it's not really a right as much as more of a metaphysical state of being.

Even then, I'm philosophically a Buddhist so I'd argue the ideal state is not to exist.

@richman
I suggest Timur and User #6 have a battle of shitposting, may the best shitpost win.

I would but Zeph would yeet me faster than he blew up Alderaan if I release the full spice of my memes. I already think I'm on thin ice with him over some of the posts in this thread

Dex-chan lover
Then a world where this voter fraud meme is being taken seriously doesn't have a right to exist either? I like this philosophy.

By the way, didn't you say something about how there should be more than two parties? Because then this situation is a golden opportunity for a new major party to emerge. Or rather, for the GOP to split, since half of them are angry with their own representatives to the point of attempting to murder them.
And after the next 4 years of nothing substantial being done and Tucker Carlson or QAnon Shaman getting the presidency, same could happen to the democratic party as well.
Let's get mad!

Fed-Kun's army
@Halo
Party splitting doesn't work as much as party reorganization in first past the pole voting. Furthermore, I don't think the US can withstand such a thing until it reforms it's voting system around two principles.
1. Preferential voting as the base model
2. Mandatory voting for all citizens able

With those two things I believe a lot of the tension in the country could be released.

Dex-chan lover
@Chrona Good point. Won't happen though. Anything "mandatory" in this country is met with screeching about freedom and communism, also GOP doesn't want all people to vote.
As for preferential voting, that is a sure way for these old fuckers to lose their jobs. They will never let that to pass.

Dex-chan lover
Then a world where this voter fraud meme is being taken seriously doesn't have a right to exist either? I like this philosophy.

This argument is an attempt at a ā€œgotā€™chaā€ but it really misses the point.

My position was that because rights must be able to be able to be given or demanded, and you canā€™t will a person or object into being, then you canā€™t really have a right to ā€œexist,ā€ because you canā€™t enforce that and you canā€™t be in a state of non-existence once you do, apart from death where you may have corporal remains and the concept of ā€œyou,ā€ but not actually having sentience.

Trying to twist that statement into some weird position about some alternative world where we donā€™t have to entertain inconvenient ideas is bizzare.

By the way, didn't you say something about how there should be more than two parties? Because then this situation is a golden opportunity for a new major party to emerge. Or rather, for the GOP to split, since half of them are angry with their own representatives to the point of attempting to murder them.

Apart from disagreeing with you on characterization and framing, I think a two party dichotomy is a bad idea because it forms an ā€œus and themā€ mentality where the other side is always bad and your side is always good.

I would want a more liberal GOP because I think things like Gay Rights, Abortion, Evolution, etc are mostly settled issues and considering how the vast majority of Republicans support Trump, who is anything but a Neoconservative and is more concerned with the people of the US and the working class, then Iā€™d hope that it results in a new, stronger Republican Party that shares little of its similarities to the Bush Era corruption and Warhawk tendencies.

Ideally youā€™d want a stronger opposition as well as competition is a good thing and only yields a better outcome for the people as opposed to one party dominance, but I have a strange feeling that youā€™re only proposing this because you want to split the Republican vote and not out of a general principle against the establishment or out of concern of reforming the party to better reflect a new era.

@Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread