The Prince Is Too Dazzling, Don't Look at Him Directly! - Ch. 1.1

Double-page supporter
But... chapter ends

fu.jpg

its becoming a habit for translators to split chapters into parts. moronic thing to do if you ask me, especially with your first chapter

Dex-chan lover
@SLappY
it is split like that, no scanlation team would do that on purpose unless it was a teaser.

Dex-chan lover
I'm interested in where this will go but damn the publishers ain't doing the author any favors at all splitting a first chapter that early.

Dex-chan lover
@Lioslin agreed. Splitting a chapter is bad enough, particularly for the introductory ones, but this must have taken some sort of record in terms of abrupt break without even being a cliffhanger. It's like someone read an article about why cliffhangers are bad writing, and tried to emulate all those talking points to prove they can do the same without cliffhangers.

At least it isn't the TL's who did it.

Be kind to translator, it seems the author upload a piece of their work separately. Usually this kind of work is monthly per chapter but this is so frustrating. My mind can't take it to much

Supporter
I always wonder why the Japanese publishers started splitting 1 chapter into 4 parts. Does it sell more that way?

This one has been canceled and to my knowledge replaced with this https://mangadex.org/title/41224/dazzling-prince

@Yatsuki Isn't that the work of the scantalation team? I think that sometimes, they split it up because translating and editting takes a while, so to produce more releases they split a chapter up.

Supporter
@RubyG8396 Nope, it's the publishers who publish chapters like this Chapter 1.1 - 1.2 - 1.3 etc. Usually it's split in 2 or 4 parts, but depends on the series, could have 3-5 parts. You can check the RAWs + ask the scanlators directly and they would tell you the same thing. When this whole split chapters just started, a lot, and I mean A LOT of people blame the scanlators and said they were splitting the chapters up for more views too, but nope, not their fault.

@Yatsuki So when I see a chapter released by two scantalation teams; one in parts, and the other as a whole, it is the scantalators that compile the sections together into a whole chapter?

Users who are viewing this thread