The Princess in the Dumpster

Aggregator gang
I just found this and I LOVE it. I thought it was an isekai for a second but it wasn't so that makes it way more interesting in my opinion. She's just a child, I can't wait to see her grow ;-; :')

Wow the story building is definitely getting more and more solid giving the background of the demise of jewel eyed kids.

Have to say i take back what i said about the dad. He seems clearly protective of his kid. The feeling of weirdness make sense sense now that they explained what being jewel eyed is but im glad the dad is being an actual parent rather than what i assumed.

Im not good with words so idk how to describe this. It has an interesting way of storytelling, slow paced but not boring. If you’ve read a lot of historical manhwas, you’ll get sick of the same plot/tropes but this is good! I wanna see a grown up FL but i bet its gonna be a long time before that happens. I expect a great character development and plot build up 🥰 this is gonna be a great read!

Yo I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into it but... The whole "the crown prince who was famous for his homosexuality did not hesitate to touch his own brother" sounds a whole lot like homophobia. It reads like, "well of course he'd molest his brother. He's gay and gay people are sexual deviants!"
Maybe it was just a weird translation issue but... That one sentence really kinda soured this whole comic for me. Not sure I'll be coming back. Thank you for your hard work up to now, translators.

@CowardlyBanchou it you who interpreted it that way. IMO it's not homophobic it's just saying that because he was chained up he got m*lested. Do you think after being locked and chained up from 10 y.o he'd know what was right from wrong? He'd probably very naive and innocent. I don't think he'd even know that he can say "No."

@No_tears_only_dreams They mentioned that he was homosexual to have an in-character action for the first prince of the golden age, albeit for a character who is only mentioned in passing, the story would be the same but with the first prince being heterosexual if the diamond eyes user was a woman

When an old man tries to take ur cute little daughter that happens. Next update will be great

I understand the Father,the Head Priest and the Temple only wants Estrella because of the Prophecy.He even said that she should use her Power to protect the Kingdom despite not knowing that she might use her power to the Limit and end up dying the Empire will still overcome joy due to the disasters have been solved.

there was like, no reason other than shock value and homophobia, to add that about the diamond eyes. theres so many other ways they could have said he was abused or used.
bye

@EverlastingRyo You're confused. I'm not saying that it's homophobic that the second prince gets molested by his brother. The quote is "The crown prince who is famous for his homosexuality did not hesitate to touch his own brother". The crown prince is the character I've got issue with. They tell us that he was "famous for his homosexuality" and that he "did not hesitate to touch his own brother". And maybe that wouldn't be a big deal if it weren't for the centuries of discrimination of gay people where they were accused of being, surprise surprise, child molesters. So having a character exist to have only two traits, being famous for being gay and assaulting his own kid brother, is very reminiscent of the homophobic derogatory remarks long made to attack the gay community.
Also, it's pretty clear I wasn't the only one who picked up on this subtext looking at these comments. People familiar with the history of the queer community, especially the history of the way the community has been demonized, are going to be better at hearing dog whistles like this.

Lol, I never seen such idiotic comment claiming homophobia on a manwa before until looking at the comment section below. How on earth do you word things better? So what if his a prince and is homosexual? The issue was that he touched his brother who was helpless with a mindset of a ten year old. That’s all there is to it. It did not condemn the lgbt community. The crown prince that was mentioned to have molested his second brother who had diamond jewel eyes was simply described to be known for being homosexual. Basically saying he was well known for being homosexual and with his actions towards his brother, his also a rapist. That’s it. The whole point was to describe the misfortunes/ horrible circumstances that jewel eyed children go through regardless of their form (male or female). It was just a character description for a make believe horrible character. Administer some logic into your brain and don’t make up things that don’t exist. You are slandering a manwa/novel/ author. Nowhere in this manwa did it condemn homosexuals. No one with an actual sense and brain would think every homosexual are bad just cause one of them is a known bad apple in real life. And unless you wish to imply or believe that every homosexuals are saints out there, then you need serious reality check and history lessons. Obviously you live in Lala land if you never heard of real life cases out there commited by people regardless of their sexual orientation. People regardless of their race, gender, religion, etc. can be bad people. Just as much as there are good people there will always be bad ones. Even in novels/ mane. That’s the reality. It also makes no sense to depict a specific group of sexual orientation as always a good character in every novel. Authors are free to make up whatever character they want. The crown prince mentioned could’ve been a straight guy and touched his sister and it won’t change the fact that his an incest pervert rapist and these jewel eyed children led such a horrible lives Regardless of what form they came in. Male or female. The crown prince being homosexual was not the problem. Touching and eventually killing his brother was. If all you cared about is how he was mentioned to be homosexual, then you have serious empathy issues. And unless you think u can do better translating Korean to English, then be my guest. Fact is that nothing malicious was implied.

Damn you guys saying this is homophobic are stupid as hell, they are literally saying the brother was molested by the prince and happened to be gay. They re using that phrasing to say that the person was gay and had no issue touching another man(boy in this case). Chill out sjw’s, don’t overthink stuff to make you guys seem like victims. Aside from you people making this chapter try to look bad, this manga is a 10/10 from me so far I really enjoy it

Users who are viewing this thread