The Ravages of Time

@4V29LN0n wait so is the translation bad or good? I’m planning on binging this manhua (or is it manga? Manhwa?) and if the translation’s bad, I’ll probably put it on my to read list. The art’s beautiful though😍

Honestly on of the best Manhwa's I've read so far. Man I've been brought to tears because of some the chapters. The art is absolutely incredible, though the first few chapters art are a bit meh, it get A LOT better later on into the story. I must say, it is a lot of reading, but man it's worth it.

I havent read the Romance of The Three Kingdoms, but I still understood what was going on in the story.

DON'T SKIP CHAPTERS. I know you might be tempted to skip all the conversations and just move on to the action and whatnot, but trust me, each chapter is filled with information key to understanding what is going and the affairs of the characters.

@4V29LN0N @AGodLikeBoi thanks for the response😊 Imma read it on Friday I think. I need to prepare mentally since it’s 500 plus eps. I haven’t read Sangokushi btw and I’m honestly not intrested (since it’s too old for me and the art is weird to me) but please recommend me more mangas like this. I read kingdom btw and I think it’s really good, so go read it after this one.

@4V29LN0n
Only few chapters were translated from chinese to vietnamese to english, because of the lack of communication between the new scanlation team at that time and the usual translator. I don't know how far you read or how much you know about the original text, but it explains any awkwardness you may find in the translation.
I suggest visiting the translator's blog, his translations are full of footnotes and explanations if needed, and often enough you'll find a different translation altogether based on the chinese readers understandings and analyses.
https://ravagingtimes.wordpress.com/

@MarquisBlack thanks for the overview, "heavy political and military context" does not sound interesting to me, so i guess i'll skip it. I'm into comedy, romance and slice-of-life at the moment, like 'Komi-san can't communicate' and 'Hitomi-chan is shy with strangers', i guess those would be the opposite of RoT.

DAMN THAT DRIIIIIIIIIIIIP 💎💎💎💎💎🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶💦 💦 💦 💦 💦 💦

@AnotherRat i said it's the opposite, did you not read that part ? so how can the cover scream romcom ? you really need to have your eyes checked.

as fans of 3 kingdom. this manhua is great (even tough the pace is really slow)

it's based from "romance of 3 kingdom" and yet there is something added to the story that make it interesting.
like diao chan, one of the legendaries '4 beauties of ancient china' described as eunuch in here 😄

the translation is good, with some notes to make it easier for reader to understand. great job from translation team 👍. and thank you for translating this amazing yet "unpopular" series.

This manga is basically

"I planned your plan"
"I planned you that you planned my plan"
"I counter planned your counter plan"
"I PLANNED EVERYTHING YOU PLANNED AND COUNTERED THEM"

Very hard to follow. I'm not sure what to blame: the art, the writing, or the translation.

the best depiction of Lubu among all text here hes not just a muscle head all brawn no brain, he also have very high intellect its just he being pit against those who are much better than him at that field.

Users who are viewing this thread