The Reincarnated "Sword Saint" Wants to Take It Easy - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - 《Centipede》

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the upload!
Shame that this series is monthly, I want morrrre

To those who are irked by MC revealing his trick - He lived past life unbeaten, so maybe he just wants to face a real challenge😀

Aggregator gang
I always hate how instead of killing the MC who is distracted, they always assassinate their own "comrades" to prevent them from talking.

Fed-Kun's army
this is bullshit! counting the joints of the sword, it cannot stretched that long, also did it just multiply!? the artist or author must be sucks with logic.

Double-page supporter
@dokidoki

Absolutely 4 Cut Hero is my favorite Korean comic of all time and I'd definitely say it is in my Top 10 and has some of my favorite characters as well. I think I'm just a sucker for characterization of the "scumbag with a heart of gold" Roak the character I referenced to and he is definitely one of my favorite antagonists and his story is amazing. Lately I've been finding a lot of stories crawling up the ranks that start out has lol comedy ended up being really good at the end. Off the top of my head I can name Helck, Dungeon Meshi, Yuusha Ga Shinda

I actually bought the entire thing on Lezhin. Well at the time when they stopped translating I was just a jobless teenager so it fucking sucked that the fan translations stopped. If it weren't for those fans then I probably wouldn't have bought the entire comic.

It's been a year and a half now. Feels bad man. I took a look at the authors twitter and he's been replying to his tweets this month so at least he's still alive. Dunno know when his health situation is going to be sorted out but I'm still optimistic.

Dex-chan lover
@Authn - it shows their priorities. Killing main characters is just their job. Killing their "comrades" is something they always wanted to do.
High-class assassins like that tend to be utterly unprofessional.

Contributor
@4altera Except for Gon who yells out his attack each time he does it, so after you've seen all three you can predict what's going to happen.

@Sturdy You mean snake-face guy? His name was Gin I think.

Dex-chan lover
@conscript117
It's totally possible to write a story without going about combat like that. What you're saying is on the money, if all you want to say "I like this sort of writing", but honestly, the real explanation is that "it's just so much easier."
It's a lot easier for the writer to have characters bluntly explain wtf is happening, rather than build up the lore and setting of the story, so the audience can infer what is happening, and why, with minimal direct narrative from the peanut-gallery.

To begin with, good combat narrative usually "converses" on some level or another, it's usually never really about the techniques or methods in which they beat each other, but rather why they fight each other, and what it means to fight each other. Only S H O U N E N M A N G A makes it about supah coolu techniques, not that's a bad thing. Product for consumers, yo.
Aiight I talked myself in a circle long enough.

le3

Dex-chan lover
God I just love how bloody this manga can be! Thank you for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
When your enemy is on a very serious mode but you just dont want a paycheck cut..

@Hdmi1 yeah thats the guy. I remember him dying to aizen and then rangiku coming over and holding him over his lap as she cried. Also, his eyes are those permanently closed ones which he only opens a few times, one of them being in his deathbed. Anyway i was just reminiscing.

Aggregator gang
@Solipsist that you are implying that I like this sort of writing offends me, I read a lot, a really lot...and Im not talking about manga, but you have to stop and think to what type of audience the ln are made for (ln in consequence manga, because this is based on a ln).
Expecting the best out of every single author is stupid, actually expecting something out of anything is stupid to begin with, unless you know the author and have been reading a lot of past works he or she made then you can start to expecting out of someone you know it's going to be worth it, otherwise is just for killing time which that's what it is for me.

And yes it is so much easier to just give the explanations outright because mangaka artists have a specific number of pages to work with and they have to make do with them, of course there have been exceptions but those are only for the unique ln or unique artists, they won't start doing it for every single work out there because it takes not only time but money to do it.

Dont try to be a critic on me, when you are just an avg reader, like everyone else just enjoy the work.

Nice episode haha , they have overly edgy weapons and him just a simple sword and kicked his ass hahaha
Thanks for the translations.

Dex-chan lover
No need to act like a villain and reveal your tricks, you can just give us a thought bubble for that

Fed-Kun's army
As soon as i saw the Centipede, i tought its similar to the Sword eater's sword from Chivalry of a Failed Knight

Users who are viewing this thread