The Reincarnated Young Lady Aims to Be an Adventurer! - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
@Kevadu What's funny is that this "imposing game fate" thing mainly seems to come up in otome isekai titles for women. You never really see this happening in RPG isekai for guys.

@Nylodale I attribute the whole "heroine is actually spoilt and evil" trope to Accomplishments of a Duke's Daughter, which I think popularized the twist of the game heroine being evil and vengeful (although she was native to the world). Likely some other authors thought to take it a step further - the heroine's a selfish, evil reincarnator who thinks the game/story world revolves around them.

I feel like almost 70% villainess reincarnation story I read nowadays has the otome game's protagonist also end up being a reincarnator/transmigrator. On top of that, it's almost always one that acts differently from the heroine of said otome game with their arrogance, toxic personality, etc. The hell is up with that.

Dex-chan lover
@pokperson1000 I think Accomplishments of a Duke's Daughter started the whole "heroine is actually evil" trend.

Also, apparently the Heroine is but one of the main threats here, the other being the 1st prince of Sera's country.
He's also a reincarnator destined to be killed by the 2nd prince, and unlike Sera he's been driven to madness and desperation over it.

Thanks For Your Hard Work!!!! ♡♡♡ Can't Wait For More!!!! ♡♡♡ And Stay Safe!!!

Twi

Fed-Kun's army
@zz2000 @pokperson1000
There were a few before that series with an evil heroine.

https://mangadex.org/title/49430/an-otome-game-s-burikko-villainess-turned-into-a-magic-otaku
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/an-otome-games-burikko-villainess-turned-into-a-magic-otaku/

This was my intro to the otome genre, it came out a year before accomplishments of a duke’s daughter. The novel I mean.
the heroine
reincarnated but didn’t start out bad, initially. She became bad because she couldn’t control her op power as a child and caused a natural disaster like event killing several people including her family which made her go a little crazy and deny the otome world and set on “correcting” it to how it should be.

Dex-chan lover
@Twi Thanks for the insight! Accomplishments was my intro to the otome genre with evil heroines, I'd only seen the good heroine ones before.

Dex-chan lover
@WindOcean @JUSTadICE If a sacred beast is being compelled by fate against its will to follow a person, then do you think fate would allow any harm to come to them before their destiny is fulfilled? Your idea isn't necessarily bad (though it is kind of evil), but the story has presented enough evidence that's probably an option that's going to somehow go very badly. Plot armor is dangerous.

Users who are viewing this thread