The Ride-On King - Vol. 6 Ch. 28 - The President and the Legendary Island

- I was just testing your conscience and character.
- I already knew that. [...] Just thinking you have the right to test others, is you looking down on others and showing your hubris
So the tortoise didn't intend to actually kill anyone? He just had an information (how to go back) or an object (the shield) and wanted to see if he should give it to the MC? MC knows and to "teach" him, MC decides on doing something that may actually kill the grampa? If anything it's the MC that is looking down on others imposing his ideas on them under the death penalty. The test the tortoise made was rather awful, but MC is worse: the tortoise wasn't smashing MC's skull. He was just speaking, with no intention of killing anyone, as they both admitted.

And after this they become friends and live happily ever after? So cringe. Is that elderly dragon a 2yo? I'm dropping this.

Dex-chan lover
@YuriIsTooLewd He did threaten all the villagers and Purchinov's companions. He shouldn't get away with playing with their lives just because he's big and old. Why not let him feel the same helplessness?

@Kapow We shouldn't assume corruption and chaos are inherently connected. They mentioned the corruption appearing around the "holes" which are connections to other worlds and fountains of mana apparently. So the corruption maybe from other worlds while gods seem to be a part of the world.

Corruption huh? Interesting development, especially if the President's migration is related to the corruption since they both come from "holes".

@Ironclad
He threatened what MC holds dear, and so MC wants to kill him for it? Sure. Fine by me. I don't care. But he is an hypocrite if he goes around lecturing others, while claiming that the dragon is arrogant for testing others. MC should just kill him for threatening his friends and stop dispensing "wisdom". If MC start repaying others with their own coin, he has no standing to lecture them.

And them being friends so quickly is cringe.

Started this serie as a joke, stuck for the story and the art. Hot dayum !

Thanks for the chapters ! Will definitly think about buying this serie in paper ! 😘

Dex-chan lover
I KNEW THOSE TWO HAD THE MERCHANT BLOOD IN THEM.

@YuriIsTooLewd I mean, it's an Isekai with Vladímir Vladímirovich Putin as the main character. I don't expect good writing from it to begin with.

Dex-chan lover
image.png

Bet not-Putin would have lots of fun riding an Eater of Worlds through the corruption chasms, eh?

I think Purchinov purposedly hit the head just to open a hole through the thick scale to channel his magic power, and then the turtle gone high from it. Wasn't it obvious? And btw, those fishmen really really really have some semblance with fish people from Spongebob. Maybe someday Spongebob will gone isekai'd too.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, shit - looks like Grandpa Nurgle is making his moves on the Materium.

@YuriIsTooLewd
The tortoise did threw a blast of energy that could have killed somebody, so he's definitly an ass for being arrogant with his power, it also make feel he was bluffing after getting beaten, about them becomming friends fast it was because of the beast king something power that the president have, anyway if you're still going to drop that too bad for you, because the plot and art of this manga is amazing.

@OnlyTruth
The tortoise did threw a blast of energy that could have killed somebody
He attacked second.

the plot and art of this manga is amazing.
Sure, those are good, but while I'm fine with interesting evil protagonists, I don't like stories that pretend that evil characters are good people, so I'll drop it.

"I wonder if dragons can still live with a hole in their head" Killing someone just because they are arrogant with you is not what I'd call a pure protagonist in the position of lecturing others. And punching holes through his skull until he agrees is not a good way of reforming people. He wants to do it? Fine, but don't pretend to be right and good. Even if you think the death penalty is fine, MC is not the state, and has no authority over the tortoise. Not to mention it wasn't a fair trial. And this wasn't done for comedy, but it's the MC actually lecturing others.

Users who are viewing this thread