The Rise of the Unemployed Wise Man - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.2

"I will teach you how to use Lightning of Despair"
*just gets injected by mana and doesn't change in pose or any other way*

Wow, he would betray humanity in order for his grandparents to have an easy life. He is young an naive, so it makes sense.

@Novel_Vai Well it's not like the hero party paid him anything more than chump change, and everyone else hated his magic and refused to party with him. What's the point of being faithful to humanity if no one appreciates his work? In the end, money makes the world go round.

Fed-Kun's army
Haha, to think that the old spirit grandpa is the lightning God himself! 😆 As well, I would take the contract and betray humanity if I was treated like trash just because I was a necromancer.

ahh...... so she's
Demon lord of lust, with that body,
why i'm clueless till she introduced herself?

@Novak_Vai young and naive, and he's not exactly in a position to just say no (less so from what they could do to him and more so he doesn't have a whole lot of alternatives if he wants to take care of his grandparents) plus considering everything there was old and seemed to suggest no one's ventured there in a long time it almost seems like this particular demon has no interest in the affairs of the human world

Dex-chan lover
Is that a world where nobody needs to study or train? Everyone is simply born with some kind of mark (blessing), which gives them all the skills and knowledge they need for a job, be the job farming or being a heroic fighter or wise man? It seems like a dreadful world, to be honest. Not only because of the strict caste system created by the blessings (which would be curses in disguise for the majority of people) but because it means all the people are just chess pieces for whatever gods are granting those marks. I'm not sure even all of those getting powerful marks would be happy in their lives. Where's the sense of achievement? Like the MC who grew up in the boondocks, obviously without any resources, yet he's an ultimate power house at the age of 13, pretty much having done nothing for it.

In this light the behavior of the battle master, who was the one wanting to kick the MC out of the party, was quite natural. None of these folks have any depth whatsoever, after all. She didn't train for years to build a resilient character, able to face the demons and protect the civilians, always mindful of the bigger picture. She simply got a mark and has to act according to it. Then appears a kid who just happened to have a more powerful mark, making her useless in the same party. Just think about it for a second. None in that world has any prospects, any development. They just have the card the heaven gave them, that's it. It's no wonder a lot of people would turn disillusioned and rotten.

Dex-chan lover
@NeoUsui I am an adult who has been working for a decade an half and I always check all those questions at an interview. But there have been 0 times a demon of lust has flaunted her tits and ARA ARA charms. I am completely sure I would end up working for her without a payment if I were in the MC position.

I would definitely end up working for her in his position.
Ara Ara and 20 million gold salary?
Sign me up!

wtf? isn't he supposed to be wise... with his very op powers he can easily do something way better than being a demon lord's right hand man with a high salary

Double-page supporter
Ohh fuck no. How dumb must you be to work under someone else when you are that fucking strong?!
@omniRex I fully agree with you, he doesn’t need to be a dog for someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread