The Rising of the Shield Hero - Vol. 26 Ch. 107 - A New Awakening

Dex-chan lover
you cheer depression man with broken a pure innocent smile, that's just help him awaking what shouldn't.

Group Leader
Filo is now like a Heron from Fire Emblem 9/10, a girl with wings capable of transforming into a bird and using her magical singing ability to save the hearts of others.

Motoyasu can now move again.

Dex-chan lover
I can only disagree. Even when he's being unlikeable, it's at least sometimes portrayed in a "cartoonish comic relief" kind of way, so there are plenty of times where you can just call him a bumbling buffoon and move on. Plus, he's currently not nearly as bad as he was at the beginning of the story, I think.

No such luck with Malty Bitch, whose schemes and manipulative tendencies constantly bring out the worst in her victims—Motoyasu being one of them, even—by preying and capitalizing on their insecurities. There is truly not a single redeemable bone in that body of hers, and it is never, ever played for laughs; she is just a vile human being, through and through.
well said. She's just a piece of shit, willing to kill off her sister just for more power

Dex-chan lover
So like, is Motoyasu just for comedic relief only now ??
Is there no redeeming arc for him ?

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if motoyasu gets his filo harem like in the Web novel

Dex-chan lover
He just unlocked his curse series and now receiving the backlash from it just like shield hero, completely fucking up one of his emotions.

They kinda fucked up by forcing that "Raphtalia saving Shield hero scene." But with Filo to get him to snap out of it.

Dex-chan lover
WDYM no redemption arc? He went from a pussy-blinded skirt-chaser to a gentleman of exquisite culture. I can't think of a way to redeem him further than that.

Dex-chan lover
WDYM no redemption arc? He went from a pussy-blinded skirt-chaser to a gentleman of exquisite culture. I can't think of a way to redeem him further than that.

I mean redeeming for being a comedic relief to being... I dunno, plot-important character.

Dex-chan lover
He just unlocked his curse series and now receiving the backlash from it just like shield hero, completely fucking up one of his emotions.

They kinda fucked up by forcing that "Raphtalia saving Shield hero scene." But with Filo to get him to snap out of it.

Bro, I totally forgot about the weapon curse series.... Guess I will have to read the early chapters again now.

Dex-chan lover
MbPNmHE.png

well she tried :ROFLMAO:

Dex-chan lover
I mean redeeming for being a comedic relief to being... I dunno, plot-important character.
The man becomes so plot-important (read: insane) that he gets his own spin-off series that canon to the main series. How can you ask for more? Just look at how plot important he is in the hotsprings episode.
OG2gaFH.jpeg
drVLi7z.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
And with this, the manga finally connects with the spin off hahaha
I didn't expect him to have his behavior from the spinoff series tbh.
Nobody expected this outcome unless they were spoiled. :nyoron:
The guy went from hero to zero, and then to a creepy stalker who broke the universe itself for his love. :worry:
In a way you got to respect the man for his single minded devotion... :thonk:

Finally, the Motoyasu I can respect shows up.

"There's no laws against the Fitorials, Batman"
Joker Spear-hero no, don't do it :fml:

Users who are viewing this thread