The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 10 Ch. 27 - Devil in the Coast of Norden V

Dex-chan lover
pg 8 has the most badass looking grandpa the Empire could ever see. Sucks he was bald in the anime while both Zettour and Rerugen has the most fabulous hairstyles in the army.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I figure Visha is currently primed to be mistaken as the notorious female mage at some point. The rumors that Argent/The Devil of Rhine is a woman already made people question it, the ones about her also being a child must seem real damn exaggerated. Not unreasonable, I suppose.

Oh my god, I can't wait for the battle between 203 and the UK and FR's mages where they fight visha thinking she's argent. In the moment Visha is nearly taken out Tanya will move in to save her and spread terror in the enemies' lines.OMGGGG

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@IronVader501 Consider the era, it's still the heydays of colonialism in that world. Now think back to our own world's history.

Military officers who "couldn't cut it" and bailed out into piracy and survived became very valuable to the navies of countries during the first world war. They were known for unorthodox thinking(low manpower), tactics, survival, "gut" thinking too. If you could get someone who spent 5 years stealing from your merchant marine fleets, survived, and kept doing so, wouldn't you be better off cutting them a deal to get them on your side and using those same tactics against the enemy?

Dex-chan lover
My common sense chan is getting destroyed again.
I mean... Was I a fool for thinking that mage with absolute air superiority, gundamn cannon like attacks from extreme range, and immunity to Anti Air, would have no fucking business charging in with bayonets, even less training for it ?
Oh well, apparently so according to this.
I shall remember on my next strategy game, to make the archers charge the cavalry, because that's tactics !

@Doenyon The amount of mana you require to sink a battleship is a lot as we have seen before as the gundam laser did only minimal damage, so much that only Tanja using the God Artefact could sink one alone, so the crew is far softer target. Mages of higher skill are pretty much immune against Bullets so close combat against Ships means you reduce the firepower against a lot. Instead of getting shoot by anti-air you only get shoot at by a limited amount of close combat people. Also, it makes not possible for enemy mages to target you with Gundam lasers as they would be shooting their own ship and people.

Something else that occurred to me as I was reading this is that Tanya is absolutely right to be terrified that she's gotten in major trouble over her conduct during the hunt for the Scandinavian fleet. The higher-ups let her off the hook and blame the navy because she's the protagonist, but it really is her fault. She had eyes on the enemy fleet, and should've known that the High Seas Fleet might not be able to find them on their own in a raging gale. She should've followed the enemy fleet, giving the High Seas Fleet constant updates on their position, and maintained contact until the naval battle began. It's understandable that she wanted to leave; she's cold, sopping wet, tired, and she's got wounded. But her job is to guide the fleet onto its target and she indisputably fucked that up.

I love this manga so fucking much :lul:
image.png

Something else that occurred to me as I was reading this is that Tanya is absolutely right to be terrified that she's gotten in major trouble over her conduct during the hunt for the Scandinavian fleet. The higher-ups let her off the hook and blame the navy because she's the protagonist, but it really is her fault. She had eyes on the enemy fleet, and should've known that the High Seas Fleet might not be able to find them on their own in a raging gale. She should've followed the enemy fleet, giving the High Seas Fleet constant updates on their position, and maintained contact until the naval battle began. It's understandable that she wanted to leave; she's cold, sopping wet, tired, and she's got wounded. But her job is to guide the fleet onto its target and she indisputably fucked that up.
On the other side she requested the retreat and it was approved by fleet command. Normaly you would also not waste elite forces for getting a tatical victory if there are alternatives.

Aggregator gang
To New Readers and maybe Re-readers. I suggest going to Bato.to, to read the Complete Chapter of this. Read Chapter 28 of the Official one

Users who are viewing this thread