The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 18 Ch. 52 - The Intervention Which Was Too Late III

Flesh Rocket Punch!
57-297a46c7d854da49de3afc5bdabdfb13b33e3a20255d16c507e2c085d8fc4704.png

Dex-chan lover
As much as Im sad how long this manga takes to update, I do love how beefy they make their chapters. This chapter was good. Long live the Empire

Dex-chan lover
Lovig the yuri touch at the end there. Now waiting for tanya angry rant next chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
Man, I can't help but feel disgusted at the other nations keep spewing shit like "righterous and justice", "The Empire are evil", blah blah... when they are the ones that invaded the Empire first, because they feared the growth of the Empire.

Dex-chan lover
Fellas too busy seeing visha badahohonk that they didnt notice how RIPPED tasha was holy shit how did he even get pushed to the railway with all that muscle?

Dex-chan lover
YES YES YES at last!

Chapter theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kVdCaczLE8
If you read it just right, that moment in the song will line up with page 65 😎

Aggregator gang
page 26 bottom panel looks so damn beautiful like straight up from a gundam coordinated assault.

I love this manga period.

Took a few seconds longer than it should for me to process Page 76.
I didn't see a fur collar. I saw a triple chin.

Dex-chan lover
On re-read and yeah, this was every bit as awesome a take on this as hoped for. Obviously things get tougher after this arc, but this still was just a fantastic topper finale battle of an incredible first campaign. Lots of great moments here of character growth spanning volumes, from major core members to minor ones like that one front line ground trooper we saw back when she returned to the Rhine. Visha really got to shine here too. It's the kind of build up with genuine payoff that is too rare these days.

@Speedphoenix
@channington
Yes, just as in the phase 2 retreat, she used the Type 95 to instantiate a miracle and reenergize all her wingmates. He hadn't quite killed them but rather dealt them potentially lethal damage and sent them to sink in the ocean, but it's been very well established at this point that mages are fantastically hard to kill immediately with anything but very heavy damage. Mages have both a protective outer shield as well as the ability to form a secondary inner layer and reinforce their bodies directly. This isn't just 203 either, remember even when the legadonia guys were destroyed in the ocean Sue had time to pray after sinking before dying, or the french ace who survived heavy damage in Arene. Tanya is cautious about it, in the LN there are some lines when they're attacking the Francois HQ (the last few chapters):
“The Saga of Tanya the Evil, Vol. 3: The Finest Hour.”:
The other three promptly take up their guns against the enemy mage who has lurched forward and collapsed from the shock of the gunshots.

I’m a mage, too, so I know how they work. Mages are tougher than they look, and it’s too optimistic to think you can down one with just a handful of bullets.

A live mage is like a hand grenade with the safety pin removed. Until they’ve stopped breathing, you can’t relax. If they have even the tiniest chance, they’re liable to blow themselves up as a last resort.

Sometimes mages die too late, but they can never die too early. And because Tanya pounded that lesson into her subordinates, they swiftly deprive the enemy mage of the chance to counterattack.
Usually mana ultimately limits them, when they run out completely that's it. And nobody has the technology yet to deal with that. Except Tanya, because apparently the 95 can act as an external power source with banked materialized mana.

Users who are viewing this thread