The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 19 Ch. 53 - The Intervention Which Was Too Late IV

@mnialu
nah governments dont have stupid complexes like "the white mans burden".
And governments staffed by impartial super-A.I. bots, or maybe by genetically engineered humans, who work like one hivemind, which never follows the whims of big wigs nor have their own, and who can't be influenced?

Fed-Kun's army
I hate when shallow but overpowered characters take the spotlight

N2O

Dex-chan lover
Can't say I'm excited to see this character again

@Rugid I never said they are impartial robots, but you are the one pretending to be more "intelligent" and "capable" than people who spent their entire lives learning how to run countries with all the things that come with it. My original point was "if you think people in the government are being stupid or are uninformed, then most likely you are stupid".
"which never follow big wigs and can't be influenced" I literally said this when I pointed out international imperialism and exploitation, so there is that.

So I have to say that unfortunately lots of people are either deliberately or accidentally spreading misinformation about the story progression going forth. Regarding Tanyas, Marys and the Empires fate at the end. The FACT is that THIS version follows the Lightnovel version of events and not the Webnovel, and since the Lightnovels arent actually finished yet we simply dont know the details 100%. Personally I cant read Japanese so im even more behind - though I have read (short) recaps of the as of yet not translated versions.

Having said that the deviation between LN and WN are not as massive as in other series like Overlord, Slime reincarnation etc. but still. As of this time all we actually KNOW for sure is:
The War ends in a semi-stalemate between the factions with the Empire only loosing (most) of the captured territory during the events of the war (as in non-france, non-sweden etc).
The Empire "lost" but did not get occupied (they did change government type though), General Zetour took most of the "blame" for the more dubious actions the Empire took during the war, Tanyas unit and herself were "vanished" from the official records though many people DO actually know about her and her achievements. The reason people in the know on both sides refuse to spill the beans on her is pretty much "shame" for different reasons. One side is ashamed of getting their asses handed to them by a child and the others are ashamed they were unable to do more to support her. She was after all a "holy figure" pretty much and they feel like they let her down.

As for Being X - people always say that he/it/they are fucking with Tanya but thats not actually "true" as such. Without wanting to sound like a religious nut (since im an athiest as well - but do LIKE religion in fiction) the best way to put it is in fact: His ways are not our ways - we just CANT understand. In my interpretation its as if the Gods care about the "whole" not the "part". They dont have an agenda we can fathom since they know their end goal (if there is one) is thousands if not tens of thousands of years in the future. A single human life is of no concern to them in the grand scheme of things. Think of it like the story of the devils rebellion against god - its very much like that.

Finally lets address Mary. Seriously people calm down :D She is a teenage girl who lost her dad in a war and is not thinking/doesnt know/care about the bigger picture of international politics. In any other story her tale so far would mark her as the classical hero and thats pretty much the point. Its a cautionary tale of revenge/altruism ruining otherwise good people. As opposed to Tanya who actually doesnt care about anyone really besides herself (when push comes to shove at least) but that ironically being what enables her to stay level headed and ultimately save more lives. A solider is not supposed to be a hero. Heros get people killed ALOT throughout history - even if only by inspiring young people to follow them into battle and getting killed. The problem is that people really really like heroic storys and aim to emulate them. Thats what happens to Tanya all the time despite her open disdain for heros people cant help but see her as one.

So regarding Mary personally I feel more pity than anything else really. She is clearly wrong, no doubt about it but "hating her"... come on guys :D

Thank Ms. or Mr. @Daelyas I thought the story would be over by now

because Tanya has been through enough stuff already. Ps Thanks to MS. or Mr. translator.

Dex-chan lover
>mad that Mary Sue is a Mary Sue

hilarious. truly the finest minds all around

We're starting to go where the anime tragically stopped (as in the anime was tragic, not the stop itself because my god they practically butchered the anime)

@Doomer because tanya gets in the way of the ideal of the other countries also for the soldiers themselves has not only taken away their honor but also beat their countries at many times, also is someone was ordered to kill your family and did it you would be mad too

Users who are viewing this thread