The Saint's Magic Power Is Omnipotent - Vol. 2 Ch. 8.3 - Holy Attribute Magic

Contributor
@Qelix not really, only strange reflection https://www.deviantart.com/supercynic/art/The-girl-who-would-be-a-giant-115756676

Contributor
@Nicromatic @nal

It doesn't even have to be a severe injury. Casualty just means that someone's become at least temporarily unable to continue fighting. Something like a twisted ankle making someone unable to walk for a couple of days, or a broken finger making someone unable to hold a weapon would be considered a casualty.

Dex-chan lover
@Qelix The original novel author must be some ultra conservative, who believes a woman's place is to serve and support men. So, a woman doesn't need personal possessions because there's a man looking after her worldly needs. This manga is quite annoying to read because I like MCs with plenty of willpower. Even if an MC isn't strong physically or magically, as long as they have the will and guts to struggle forward, to find their own way, I'm happy with it. This kind of an MC who has lots of power but is merely following everybody's orders day in and day out, without asking any questions, is almost as bad as it can get.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme: Welp, judging her up to this chapter, she'd be a perfect pre-2000's Disney Princess. She just has to sing in the anime adaptation.

...This isn't going to be adapted into an anime, is it?

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme well japan tends to be conservative, but isekai is full of ego-less weak men who are secretly the strongest ever being pushed around by annoying people. its the passivity of the modern japanese and whatever makes them like this kind of character, also it's typical to write women MC's like this in all media for women, because women want to imagine themselves in the story and generally don't engage with it the same way a man does with a power fantasy.

although i dont like it either, but id rather not read it then complain over and over

Dex-chan lover
Huh. I always thought of casualties as actual death, but I guess injuries count as well, huh?

Anyway, good to see at least the king has a good head on his shoulders, even if he's not good at raising a son. I feel like she could easily ask for rewards that suit her though. Maybe some gems for personal use?
...I guess her current life is pretty sweet overall, actually.

Feels like this story is eventually gonna lead to a faction split between the prince and Sei though.

Dex-chan lover
Huh. I always thought of casualties as actual death, but I guess injuries count as well, huh?

Yeah, a casualty is "a person killed or injured in a war or accident"/"a person or thing badly affected by an event or situation" I think a lot of people misunderstand it as being just those killed, and end up using it that way which could breed further misunderstandings down the line do to the only contexts people hear the word in.

TBH I really love this MC. She feels like a real person. When she was first summoned here she was pissed off, like, she fucking grabbed a guy by the collar and demanded an explanation, visibly scaring the dude. She didn't accept it immediately but let her anger subside once she realized it wouldn't help her situation. She also is not afraid to take charge of a situation and could move forward even when confronted with something terrifying. She is not insanely smart or dumb, it always kinda weirded me out in other isekai manga because the MC's were wayyyy more than smart. Despite being "average workers" who would never see even relatively similar situations, they magically know the perfect solutions. They were nothing more than scarily perceptive geniuses instead of normal people. She is intelligent, and she speaks her mind when necessary, but she also knows to mind her manners (and unlike the common isekai trope) respects the social order(in terms of nobility not gender)and culture of the time. She doesn't want to be recognized as the saintess so she purposely avoids large achievements and does her best to avoid standing out because she knows being the saintess would not only be a huge pain in the ass, it would mean she would be at the forefront of a fucking war. Which she understandably hates the idea of, as she comes from a completely peaceful society. She is definitely the most relatable MC I have come across so far.

Lv 55 can still get hurt by a kitchen knife, well, it's not like it was explained how levels work.

Fed-Kun's army
@bradek
...well that knife was wielded by a level 55. Maybe normal damage by default?
I don't recall them explaining exactly how high levels affect stats in the novel either

Finally, at least the king can see she's being way under compensated for everything she's done. I can also see why she's not keen on taking it though, it'll make people wonder what she did to earn it and she clearly wants to keep a low profile.

Double-page supporter
She could have just asked for some money and saved the rest of the rewards as future favours if she wants to avoid the responsibility or attention... instead she rejected everything like a dumbass...

Dex-chan lover
It's weird that even though everyone seems to agree that the prince was being an idiot no one is questioning whether sei could be the saintess. There were a ton of people there when she and the other girl were summoned. You'd think that rumors about her being the actual saintess would've spread by now, especially since the "real" saintess isn't doing well.

Fed-Kun's army
"There were a lot of casualties this time, thankfully we had enough potions to use so we managed to finish without death" Bro... casualties means dead people. Change it to injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread