The Savior's Book Café in Another World - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

@thedragonlord

That’s a good point, that they both go about a carefree life in different ways (one exploits the kingdom, the other exploits her cheat skill lol). I guess foil was the wrong word in my comment.
I wanted the other savior to be a capable antagonist who’s not just a cartoonishly and stupidly evil bitch for the sake of getting readers riled up and showing off how spectacular our MC is in comparison. She’s painted as manipulative, but literally no one actually likes her except the prince. Like no one with brain cells would think that’s a good strategy. I want a shoujo Isekai with fleshed out characters beyond just the ML and FL!

/endrant 😂

Thank you so much for this new chapter!!! 😍

Considering how she is openly using her looks like this and how she admires herself in the mirror, I would assume this is the wish she must have asked from God?
Still, I get the part in which she is a "brat isekai-ed and all excited about her new easy life" (and totally abusing it...) but for her to actually think she doesn't need to learn magic in spite of being a Savior, things are going to end badly for her, giant red flag 😅

Fed-Kun's army
I would actually love it if we get a great character development for this young girl. She seems like someone who used to be bullied or something from how much she holds onto her 'cuteness' to be 'respected' or cared for rather than do the job she was summoned for. And the MC has no sense of heroism in her but she was also not particularly attached to her life before. They kind of have some overlapping similarities as stated by others already. Would be nice to see a story that doesn't paint one girl evil and the other wholely good. Rather, they both grow to be the best version of themselves.

im pretty damn sure two of her wishes are "dokidoki romance with a prince" and "cute looks". its also pretty scummy of her to demand the benefits of being a savior without fulfilling the responsibilities that comes with the title. if she didn't want to work, then she shouldn't have sauntered up into the kingdom and announced it and instead do something similar to the MC and lay low. deadass the prince is the only thing keeping her alive, it'd be a shame if the god gets tired and takes back the charm effect on the prince and his IQ goes back online :/

i won't be surprised if she ends up a regular shoddy cannon fodder that gets a boxed meal in like, less than 20 chapters. like a tutorial antagonist or something, 2D cardboard and all. her soft droopy eyes and cute pigtails and petite height is totally wasted on her hmph. i might be kinda a superficial person but i have standards!

Dex-chan lover
holy mcfuck why do prince's in fantasy suck so much ass!, this savior is raging sun lvls of hot trash but the prince is too Horny on Main to notice shes screwing up the country, ffs

@roxanneayy idk about that chief, ppl can just be trash that want to go trought life without effort, not every villain has a sad backstory, some are just bad ppl, and most likely this is the case with the savior, coz the author presented her in a god awful manner and we didnt even got a single panel of her thinking about her current situation, like maybe if we had a panel of her going ''thks to god i am cute now, as long as i got my looks things wont go the way it did before'' with a worried expression i would be inclined to believe she has a sad backstory, but nope.

Besides even if she had a sad backstory it wouldnt make her innocent and not responsible for the shit shes doing, she still is hot trash that abuses her position, literally abusing servants physically and mentally, and overall lowering the moral of the whole fucking country.

But yeah i would like more parallel MCs to be good too instead of the classic good vs evil girl

Dex-chan lover
i have numerous problems already, like the progression of working your way towards improving and building a store being gone because she can just snap her fingers to get literally anything (and for some reason doesn't do this to spawn sandwiches and tea thereby saving her the time of preparing, unless that's her hobby). i already don't like the set up because it feels like half the story was skipped, and now we can't even have the enjoyable parts of the latter half where the completed shop is having comfy slice of life moments because skanky mcevilbitch with no depth whatsoever is going to cause conflict in a way that isn't cathartic when it's resolved but rather disruptive to what should be the primary appeal of the manga; being comfy, rather than about good triumphing over evil.

also the only way im gonna accept that this is yet another stupid prince with zero critical thinking skills is if he's literally being charmed by magic, because i've had enough of stupid princes in villainess isekai that i'd rather not have that trope appear here as well

like fuck, you don't NEED to have a villain for your manga dude. just make it comfy slice of life in an isekai cafe. this villain will do nothing but subtract from this story ENTIRELY

@Narehate That's like your opinion, bro.

We don't even know where the story is going now... it's only chapter 3.

Most seem to expect slice of live coffee isekai. Why? As you already realised that doesn't fit with the whole setting.
The author on purpose included multiple other reincarnators. Maybe, just maybe he has plans for them...
And maybe it's no coincidence, that the heroine and the saviour bitch actually have quite a few things in common...
They both don't give a shit about saving the world. They're both quite egoistic, first and foremost making a good place for themselves to live.
Yeah, the sociopath is over the top, but she serves as nice contrast to our introverted but friendly heroine. Her being good or bad for the story depends on what the author does with her in the future

Dex-chan lover
Her book cafe is already set up to basically be able to take overnight guests - methinks her main customer base will pretty soon be people hiding from that meanspirited isekai girl.
(I also suspect spoiled princess does know some magic - like her skills were "I am cute", "I get a sugar daddy" and "my sugar daddy always does like I want".)

i want more aaaaa~ i love how even if she can just instantly produce the foods out of the menu, she still does it by hand uwu

Dex-chan lover
Ah, I hate her so much already. The author did well to make a really annoying character.

Group Leader
mc’s going to be able to nuke the other girl into orbit so long as the mc isn’t passive when they conflict

Dex-chan lover
so what exactly is the point of the saint? the knights are handling keeping the peace just fine and a war doesn't seem to be on the rise so why is it so essential to have this bitch around? she's not even together with the king just the prince so throw her out or just kill her already.

Users who are viewing this thread