The Scholar's Reincarnation

The One
Staff
Admin
@zetsuravez Meraki droped most of their series and downsized quite a bit because of real life comitements. (for more info check their discord and announcement channel). They gave their projects into other group's hands.

Here's the ones they kept, on which they'll work at a casual pace.
https://i.imgur.com/qqua4ha.png

@Draeke
It's probably tagged like that for lack of a Tensei tag. In execution, Tensei and Isekai tend to be very similar.

I couldn’t understand what the characters’ conversation was about. My strong impression from past experience is that this is probably a badly translated chapter.

Aggregator gang
@Saphsin whats there to not understand? The MC came to collect payment for damages, bad guys obviously refuses but instead tries to recruit MC which he finds out he can’t and ends up dyin in a duel. Sounds to me your comprehension may have failed you. Even if poorly translated(which it really wasn’t) a little critical thinking gets the point across....

I was talking about the translation of the conversation exchange in the last chapter, it was weird. It was pretty clear, but I was certainly not talking about not understanding the series of events from the last several chapters.

Aggregator gang
@Saphsin oh you mean the the convo with mr. piggy, that was mostly due to the author in my opinion than the translation in my opinion. It felt like I skipped a chapter since the author didn’t make it clear that the MC was countering the rumors spread by fatty and just jumped straight into them meeting again in the namjung household

Can anyone enlighten me on what is the appeal on this one? The title is talking about a scholar, and half of the story is about book study with nothing interesting happening at all. Other than reading and writing, there is nothing meaningful about what the MC studied.

And that makes this a very slow paced story.

Aggregator gang
@keialpha

I can only speak for myself but I think it has to do with MC primarily. Compared to most MCs this one is probably the most balanced personality wise as he isn’t an “edgelord” who just whippes his enemies of the map but he also isn’t naive enough to hold back and not finish the job. Also I’ll add he’s not a pushover when it comes to women while also not being a massive pervert.

In my opinion this manhwa is a good change of pace from the typical murim isekai tropes where it’s all about the MC cultivating and whipping the floor with his enemies. Not sayin I don’t enjoy those stories but this one does it in a pleasing way with a mixture of slice of life such as his interactions with his family and household on top of him being a cunning OP MC who shows no mercy to his enemies but doing it a funny and roundabout manner other than simply swatting them like flies. I agree the manhwa’s pace is a bit slow but the author has gone about it the right way.

dammed be the bastard that suggested the princess is the monk reincarnated, I think about it every time I read this novel now.

Users who are viewing this thread