The Second Coming of Gluttony - Vol. 1 Ch. 46 - (End of Season 1)

man, im not big into novels but i really want more detail . i might pick it up

Tbh i imagined hugo as a more buffed up version of Agil from SAO. Kinda disappointed in his portrayal here :p

to anyone thinking of picking up the novel i totally recommend it. the novel has a lot more detail and i really enjoy it. to anyone wondering what the novel equivalent is to this chapter, it should be chapter 42, though i do recommend rereading from the start for the extra detail.

i really hope this helps everyone, happy reading ;o

tsukuyo119 ShinoSan

Selling organs? I guess Seo Yuhui and Sacred Empress aren't going to show up.

Whoa they are rushing the story too much man......where's the fun in that??!The heck.....goddamnit!Well,it's time to reread the novel then~God this adaptation is.....urghh...and also,I thought that Hugo would be bigger and thougher tho......oh well,atleast they didn't butcher Kim Hannah looks so far so I want to be just a lil bit positive about seeing Seol hare- I mean friend~

Fckn crybaby, what do you expect for them to think of you if you did all the shit that was seen and mentioned in past chapters? He has the mental fortitude of a 15yr old. . .

Dex-chan lover
Did we get a bad first ending or something, cuz lol that was a sucky return to earth wasn't it.

I mean that was a poor potrayal of how people on earth treat him like crap and it just made it him look like a crybaby, haven't read the novel but the novel probably depicts things better and in more detail (as usual). But yeah, i get it, he fucked up his life and has no place to return to.

Calling him crybaby..... Are you stupid? .. He knows what he did wrong but he suffered a lot because of it.... Now when he naively returns with a guilty conscience... He got fu*ked up... Yeah anybody would cry

Dex-chan lover
@alexthestupidn fd up is an understatement, before he used to be a good person who would go through all kinds of things to help people. Then he turned into a scam artist that goes after people closest to him. Its not uncommon to see people mess up and get a second chance, but he went through a thousand chances. He would cause fake incidents to steal money from them, even fake being reformed multiple times. You know the incident where he asks money from his gf? That was done at her house and he guilt tripped her most precious memory to get money out of her than tried to bring her little sister into this.

Also, not shown is kim hanah kind of forced him to get his act together cause he was too afraid to meet them.

@eng1 Yeah, that's what i meant by poor potrayal, or at least lack of. If we at least were shown how he was struggling just to meet the people he turned his back against and had kim hanah forced him to get his shit together we know that he's at a vulnerable spot and just trying to correct his past mistakes took all he had in him so the rejections just pack that much of a punch.

And yeah, he's a fucking douche, i mean the prologue kinda established that fact real hard, not just by action but also by the way he was drawn when he's doing such acts, 100% deserved all of that happened to him. He might have changed for the better, but the harm and pained he caused to other dearest to him is still there. It would be straight up juvenile to think they'd forgive him after all the shit he did.

Maybe it’s bc I read the novel but I feel like they’re moving too quickly through a lot of scenes that have a huge impact on his emotional and mental state.like the thing with his family was supposed to be wayyyy more emotional and with his Ex to. And during the Neutral zone there were key moments or interactions that were missed or skipped.
Honestly at this point I’m only reading bc I’m hoping that at least the fight scenes are gonna be cool.

Honestly the Novel dragged on to hell and back. The majority of what they cut what was completely pointless and not important in anyway to later events. This very much just hit the main beats though

everyone here complaining how the story was too fast and ive been sitting here saying "I cant till this shit is over and the story really starts" First arc dragged on for too long and this second arc dragged on as well with some REALLY dumb decisions from the girl that wanted her arm to rot off. At the end of season 1 the story will finally begin. If this had dragged out like the novel readers wanted, I don't think people would have stuck around, it would take years to get it all done. If this is ever made into an anime... they are going to scream because this first season will likely get gutted down to half a season, or maybe it wont feel so dragged out in anime form with 4 chapters being condensed into 1, maybe more.

Kinda feel bad for how everyone lost hope in him but then again I'd be suspicious too if he'd show up with bags of money he can't explain......still.....to be outcasted by your family and friends so much :( i hope at least in s2 he'll find his place and feel okay

Users who are viewing this thread