The Second Coming of Gluttony

gO rEaD tHe NoVeL.

Love comments like that. Yeah, due, obviously the adaption can only try to be as good as the original and most of the time it isnt but people want to read the manhwa, the same as people dont want to read books but instead watch the movie, even if its only a shadow of the original material(hp * *cough* ) so yes: thank you for your "shitty booty manga go read the novel", it was enlightening..

on that note: it may look really bad if you compare it to the novel but the manhwa itself(coming from someone who havent read the novel) is quite decent.

Damn a whole lot of negative comments but i ended up really like season 1. Hopefully season 2 isnt as bad as people say :)

@TrueShyGuy it's not that it is bad, i mean if you did't read the novel beforehand it is pretty good, but the thing is that it deviates a lot in some points. (in some points it even changes scenery or skips things completely)
for example, one thing the manhwa doesn't let very clear is the situation when the hoodie girl (can't remember the name, the one with the crippled arm) is in a bathroom with the mexican dude, it doesn't happen much he just hit her and then the other dude comes, but in the novel it is very well detailed how 4 of them go to the girl's room (here is a change of scenery in the manhwa) and try to rape her, seeing they can't because she is resisting they beat her to the point that if seol didn't found her she'd be dead.
I read the manhwa first, then the novel but i still like both versions :D.

@Hyodoz I remember seeing some comments talking about how the novel got worse in quality after this first season so i was a little bit more worried about that but im glad to hear that it wasnt necesserly a dip in quality but simply differences between the manhwa and the novel. Personally ive been finding the manhwa pretty nice so far so im just hoping that the second season is just has entertaining if not better tho thank you for explaining a bit more

Guys it's been around 5 months and there's no news of season 2 coming out... I don't think season 2 is coming anytime this year (or maybe forever..)

merci de vos commentaires car je vais commence la serie vos avis positifs mon donner confiance xd

If you like this series, then I'd highly recommend reading the web novel from the beginning. The first half was alright but from the neutral zone the series was really rushed.

I don't know when the next season will come, but they published another webtoon from the same author

https://mangadex.org/title/55365/memorize

How should I put it... It's ok. Not amazing but not horrifying either. But seeing as I came from the novel, it seems more frustrating to read than it actually is. They missed a large amount of the dialogue and cut quite a few scenes that help world building. I'd give it a 5, but bro, wtf Where's my Lilac Teddy bear? -1 for removing the best scene in this arc.

I really hope season 2 will be made.

It’s not okay to judge an artist just because you dislike something they’ve done when your not helping them by letting them know how to improve it. Like you try to draw a whole manhwa series based on description of words from a novel.

It’s okay to give opinions/criticism as long as you say what can be done to change the parts you disagree with because if you just say “this is bad” then it’s basically saying “give up. You blew it.” You need to say something like “this good but can be better by doing (insert helpful tip).” or “this wasn’t as good as I’d like because (insert helpful tip).”

Can someone tell where to pick up the LN if I want to continue, I'm too lazy to reread the whole thing. So I just found out you can't comment on comments.😅

Dex-chan lover
You can tell that a lot of the ass-pull moments are happening because details in the novel are being omitted here. The pacing's shot to shit as well. This is a pretty good example of why being good at drawing doesn't mean you're necessarily good at drawing comics.

Edit: Also, the graphics go to full shit later on.

Users who are viewing this thread