The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 1 Ch. 30

Dex-chan lover
@Ferahth how can it be misleading when credit page is the last thing you see when you read a chapter :^)

Group Leader
@Zael Amidst all of the comments about the scummy practices of trash, your comments about the eyesockets and dust got a good chuckle from me.

Seeing that odious little header every chapter was getting on my nerves, so thanks for sniping this. Putting advertisements all over someone else's work just rubs me the wrong way, especially ones as overt as those. Doing scanlation for anything other than the satisfaction of sharing something you enjoy with people who couldn't otherwise enjoy it is terrible; you shouldn't expect money in return; this is other people's art and effort, so treat it with some respect.

Group Leader
Everyone wants to bash a group who spends months working on a series for free. Using ads/donations to support their staff when possible is not wrong ever major group does something similar I can list 10 without needing to even think. I really don't care about snipers on mangadex as we don't host ourselves on this platform we have a solid site.
@Griff Putting ads are not wrong. Every group has a way of supporting themselves. Mangadex relies on selling server boxes while we use ads/donations. I don't personally make anything running my group. And yet I still pay people. Don't assume taking/making money is wrong or that everyone wants to work for free. Especially Korean translators. And raw people who need a valid Korean id to get raws behind paywalls. If they wanted to help typeset we would of opened our arms to it. We literally ask for more staff every single day. But people rather snipe because they think their better then scanlation groups who dedicated their time to this. If you want to work for free then join us. We have a combination of volunteer/hired staff. I rather we could pay everyone for their time but that's unrealistic.
@Anukodok we bought raws before they were free. We had almost an entire month it feels like of daily releases. Summer is over and we school/work.
@gdimmu We release weekly. We spent hundreds of hours on the series. What's the difference between skeleton releases or any of the Japanese series that get released weekly/bi-weekly. Their salty because we releasing weekly is somehow wrong. Then almost every series on mangadex is also messed up for taking more then a day for another release.
@dashii Why not look up the name of the translator on our discord or ask us for our Korean raw guy. Assuming things like that is plain wrong. Never hide anything in trash scanlations. We are easy to contact but no one ever did for anything their accusing us for. Snipers cant prove their facts ever. If I wanted I could do the same thing to any other series or group for doing monthly/bi-weekly releases.

Thank you sooo much for doing this! Please could you do peerless dad and doul land 3 moe frquently?
thanks again!!

yeah i don't mind the flood of releases but WTF pick up something someone else isn't working on don't claim that they are in the wrong for asking for donations... time isn't free and people who think others should give it for free are a joke

Group Leader
@nithin18 were in talks for those series with their publishers. We do those series at decent rates if you remember soul land 3 did not have an update for months when RMT had it. Their are tons of series they could of picked up but they choose ones we worked up building for months.

Double-page supporter
I mean, I still think it’s a douche move but if you really want to keep going and dishing out translations by all means go ahead. Maybe after a couple of months/years doing this consistently “fast” you’ll see how tiring it is to meet the expectations of fans who don’t think about the people doing the work. The fans that keep asking for more or even get mad at you because you’re not working faster.

Everyone has jobs, and translation work is almost always a second job, paid or not. Unless you’re a stay-at-home someone for some reason. Then I guess it’s your first job...

Well, I don’t mind I guess. Just wanted to point it out that everyone has opinions of their own, and no one has a “right” opinion. Some people believe that in doing a job, it should result in money. Others believe that something doesn’t count as a job, and shouldn’t receive money for it.

Just opnions.

Dex-chan lover
Everybody get ready to pay respects to Thief-waifu's betting money; she put up that flag of loss herself.

I understand how difficult it can be translating (I've seen a couple manga that wasn't updated till 6 years later). So I agree with @Odessakun
And I guess the times are changing due to the creation of websites such as discord and patreon where we can actually communicate and support the translators more readily (I feel old...)

@trashscanlations
I appreciate the quick response. Thanks for putting the time to translate manga/webtoons .
I can't really say much about how you guys run things since I am just an observer. I just feel that whenever money is involved, it can lead to legality issues in the future.
Just a concerned reader. That's all.

Group Leader
@dashii As I talk about all the time on discord. Scanlations needs to evolve also I dont want to just be some scanlation group 2-3 years down the line. I hope for long-term goals of being like webtoon and legally have rights for every series. And helping others get rights to. But that requires money $$$$ and lots of it.

Double-page supporter
@doopington
Lmao right, as soon as she put the bag of money down I was hoping sir knight was gonna come in and forfeit his match lmao

Almost....

Fed-Kun's army
Meh knew it since they gave the close up on (her) eyes some chapters ago.

Thought that was happening with ts. I try to read their releases at their website but it loads just to slow and crashes a lot. They also get a lot of good series and just holds them, leaving the fans begging for releases.

Users who are viewing this thread