The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 1 Ch. 30

Double-page supporter
I hope the Lord enjoys those ladies company every night, otherwise, his betrayal is such a waste.

@trashscanlations

Let me prefece this by saying I mostly am not against trashscans.

I say mostly because some of the complaints are valid BUT I understand how hard it is to run a scanlation team that produces continuous releases.

I'm not against donations in principle, man's gotta eat, etc. (legalities notwithstanding)

That being said I have to say this since it bugs me so much,

"We pay for RAWs before they are free"

Doesn't hold much water if you don't release it just as fast, i.e. before they're free, as well.

At best it means you're just slow..
At worst..., I don't need to retype what many others have mentioned.

Group Leader
@babontil When we started raws were free up to chapter 7ish. On Kako we bought most of the raws then. The kako releases were very quick they released multiple chapters per week behind a wall. We rush it as long as we could but summer has ended we have school & work. We don't decide the publishers release rate or when they decide to make the comics free. Their are a lot of comics that are done but still have a paywall long after the fact. Every publisher goals/mindset is different. Buying at the same time is also more convenient than making our raw guy go back and forth for raws. Plus we support the author...they deserve as much as we can give them.

Weekly is not slow. Most of the series on mangadex is not weekly. Some are great series but barely are monthly even. Everyone wants things quicker not realizing were people, not drones. We release them when they're done. Asking someone/forcing them to work 24/7 is not possible. We did 25 chapters and had a steady weekly rate. Their gripe is everything should be free/faster to their preference.

Other major manhua/manga groups use paywalls and most dont get to see the chapters till weeks later. And yet they target our free non paywall group.

Double-page supporter
@ babontil
There is a big difference there. Paying for raws (from the actual author) when you could wait and get them free means you are also electing to not support the original author simply because you aren't forced to. In which case paying for the raws when you're able to do so is the clear and obvious right thing to do. Not to mention the option that promotes the creation of more content.

Being a mangaka (or whatever the Korean and Chinese equivalents) IS A CAREER. Just because you can get their works for free doesn't mean you should. That's money they eat on, pay the bills with, etc. And if they don't make enough, then they would need to seek other employment thus cease producing the series you want to read.

That said, I can neither confirm nor deny trash's claims that they are paying for the raws rather than waiting and getting them free. But I have no reason not to take them at their word, unless someone has evidence to contradict this. I get why some might assume this, but don't mistake assumptions for established fact. Assumptions =/= fact. Period. So they get the benefit of the doubt here, unless there is evidence to the contrary.

Group Leader
@bk3k Thank You. And just need to get on our discord to be directed to our people. We have the largest scanlation discord for a reason to help connect our fans. They litterly said they are on discord but couldn't do a simple search for the translator or ask for who our raw guy is.

Contributor
they dont work slow, but they work too many.
I appriciate their works since their founder allen work
But assumsing Trash scans similiar with LH scans, Their release over 40 series.
If they can cut-off some unpopular series and focus on popular series. I guaranteed they work can be fast.
But as fellow scanslation team, Stealing others active work is a dick move, Except the work was abandoned more than 2 months
I believe this is same case with hatsukoi zombie.
P.S. : different opinion may vary. so please dont expect to be triggered.
Edit : And @|bk3k explain everything what just i want to write ?

Double-page supporter
Lots of drama happening here, reminds me of another scan group getting attacked for similar, but untrue, reasons.
All that ends up happening is the group that has been releasing consistently drops it or the buffer the group has vanishes and people complain when the group can’t translate because there was no raw that week.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, I dare say that this Scanlator team feud is just as interesting as the series their worked on now hahaha.

I agree that it kind of ungentlemanly move to take a series that still worked on, and at very least TrashScanlation explanation quite reasonable, so well... I'll just wait for TS release and decide from there.

Dex-chan lover
Waste Management 1
Trash Scans 0
But seriously, holding 4(!) chapters back is fucking awful. "Aw we have work and schools", but you still take money for it. Either do it for free at your own pace, or paid and fast.

Double-page supporter
@Chuggoth
RL comes first. Do you REALLY expect people to drop out of school and generally stop living their lives?! Get real!

Getting a little donation now and then isn't equivalent to someone who translates for a living. Hopefully it covers their expenses. I'm not on any translation teams, but I feel the pain of entitled people (like yourself) with my own hobbies. Plus you're also assuming things to be true when you don't really know what is or is not a fact in this case. Technically either do I, but I'm well aware of that and thus I'm not judging based off of things I really don't know in the first place.

Granted I probably take translated manga for granted sometimes too, but people like you really rub me the wrong way.

Entitled people aside - I (perhaps unrealistically) hope the disagreement gets smoothed out resulting in this other group working with trash. Justified sniping or not (probably not), in my book they are at least ahead of people who just complain without being willing to actually do something. Also I'm tickled to get chapters faster anyhow and grateful to those who put in their efforts to make that happen.

@Odessakun 6 hrs
Everyone has jobs, and translation work is almost always a second job, paid or not. Unless you’re a stay-at-home someone for some reason. Then I guess it’s your first job...
I think we know that one SL that is a stay at home taking care of his mom.

@bk3k
There is a big difference there. Paying for raws (from the actual author) when you could wait and get them free means you are also electing to not support the original author simply because you aren't forced to. In which case paying for the raws when you're able to do so is the clear and obvious right thing to do. Not to mention the option that promotes the creation of more content.

Well said man. How I wish there was netflix for translated manga, ln, and wn.

Double-page supporter
@kuyukotto @bk3k

You guys need to watch/read more news, streaming sites like Netflix and Crunchyroll are not the way to support an author or anime studio, if you really want an adequate amount of your money to reach them, buying the physical copies of each volume and/or donating through Patreon(if they have one) are the best options available to us at this moment in time.

Paying Crunchyroll with the intention of supporting a creator of the content you like is about as efficient as donating funds via non-profit organizations and expecting that money to reach the needy in any meaningful way, it won't, it won't reach them.

A good rule of thumb is that most publishers are greedy bastards, keep them on the leash, as a consumer it would behoove you to be skeptical.

Sorry if this comes off as harsh, I'm just trying to be informative.

Me

Dex-chan lover
Whoo! Drama!
Drama that doesn't involve hasty babelfishing and MS Paint cleaning, which makes it better than the last several rounds of ePeen-waving I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread