The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 1 Ch. 55

Aggregator gang
@vodkavodka
Why do I have this solo_leveling vibes from recent chapters? Also thanks to all that time-plot death is not the end for characters. Everyone should be reintroduced later on I guess.

Because I have the distinct feeling that this author is reading other comic books of this sort of genre and is making it up as he goes along and when he finds some sort of mechanic or story element that he likes, he then scraps his current story and in order to find some way to incorporate it into this one.

Looks like making an application in this case may mean applying his skills (two handed sword etc...) to skelly?

Dex-chan lover
So like, is anything happening? It feels like nothing is happening and the plot isn't moving anywhere.

yaiiii let's introduce even more random characters and raise the power creep every chapter while somehow still making it more boring by having exactly 0 explanations!! I have a feeling that the author is just making stuff up at this point..

Dex-chan lover
sry i dont remember that theres any narrator box explaining anything in this series making it a first person type story and idk about u guys but i think it IS going somewhere... at the end of the last arc with the blonde he found out about the demon lord is being summoned by these group or something... but suddenly after rebirthing something happen and he is in the group that started the war... well i wont bother explaining farther knowing that my english is too bad... but yah r u guys just over exaggerating or u guys r serious and im just a dumb ass that dont know how stories works

anyway i really wish that he is going to go back in time to save the necromancer... if flipping not wtf... the parts where the mc "lose" has a limit ok...

Double-page supporter
@maffa and @Alsimec I keep seeing people saying "the author is making stuff up at this point" but if you read chapter 10, they mentioned that the knights were hunting a powerful necromancer, which is why they were investigating the area. Rena got caught with the MC and was killed as the Necromancer, but the knight in charge of the investigation stated that she wasn't a real necromancer since she was so weak and that the investigating party shouldn't have needed his help to subdue her.

Now in chapter 50, the MC respawned back in that very same cave and guess what happens when he heads off on his own? He runs into a necromancer. Seems like the type of event that was planned out from the very beginning. You don't do blatant alluding like that otherwise. Or did you all assume that Rena or Rubia (long dead at that point) were the necromancer that the knights were searching for?

If anything this seems like it has been planned out well in advance. Perhaps re-reading it would help some people notice some of the clues being left in each chapter as to what is going on since events that were mentioned in one of his incarnations come around in a later incarnation since he has the unique ability to experience all events happening within a specific time period.

Dex-chan lover
I have no issue with the character themselves or their powerlevels but having the guy who is supposed to be the MC just stand there doing nothing while everyone else has cool fights was kind of boring so I'm happy it seems to be over now.

@degenerateafro Yep, rereading really helps putting the big picture together. Part of it is author's pacing and writing style (so far this manhwa is closer to, say, Ravages of Time, where you pretty much need to figure out the big picture from subtle scenes and dialogues - although RoT is a very extreme example). Also, every time skelly have an interaction with menu system to 'summarize' the story's disposition, it's always ambiguous and awkward, it's hard to figure out the rules of the game. Maybe it's intentional from the author because this manhwa really tries to stick to the first-person storytelling. Personally the problem for me is that the effort to figure out the big plot isn't really worth the reward in story (at least so far). Not that the story's bad, it's just enjoyable but not impressive.

@Acolytus well that's because the MC powerlevel doesn't worth anything in this part. He's purely the observer to tell us the story.

Thanks for the chapter
The MC has a long way to go to be able to defeat knights like the last one.

@Crywolf641 The style of your profile pic seems familiar, may I ask from where is it?

Y ea, based on some of the notes people are mentioning, the author does seem to have an outline, but doesn't seem to coordinating the pacing well with the editor.

Stuff like visual cues or unique backdrops to indicate the passage of time or locations, etc. Dude is just not that great. I'm about to drop this unless the next chapter really ties things together.

ppl in this comment section sure dosent like to read, or are straight up ignoring this to look knowledgeable about something they dont know, we got revelation after revelation, now we got a powerup for the MC that will be useful for the future, and a new enemy tied with the main plot which is the war, its so funny '' huh dur'' nothing happens, as if, ''hur dur mc is not winning'' like how he was after 35 chapters or more, we are finally hitting the end game, finally seeing what we will face in the future, and yet, ppl are here spouting nonsense

@degenerateafro

dunno what to say, probably you are right, but then the author is squandering his thoughtfulness by not making it more obvious. All i can see is that every so often the setting reverts to a point i cannot recognise. Probably it's too far in the past, or simply too much time goes on single arcs that then get reset.

@RedSkyX2 if you are talking about the red head with an eye patch, I believe she's from "maji de watashi ni koi shinasai"
just saying in case you still don't know/remember where it is from :v

@Adden some days after asking that and not getting an answer i knew the image was too familiar so i went to see the cg's from the eroge and it resulted in being that one lol.
Still, you are the hero i don't deserve, Thanks even if its late xD

Users who are viewing this thread