The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 1 Ch. 55

Dex-chan lover
That better not be his future self.
@Kaarme
well the power levels just got cranked up again to a ridiculous amount, so ill say youre right.

the manha name is just wrong... it should be something like "The Cursed Skeleton" or "The Skeleton of Missfortune".

Usually every mc is a prague that brings destruction and chaos wherever they go... but this one only brings death to his summoner/owner.

edit:
btw, I wonder how strong he would become if instead of passively waiting and appreciating the beauty of his killer killing spree, instead he himself kills the necromancer... even if he doesnt go to lv 100, it should give nice bonus... he never can save them anyway,,, at least that would be somewhat useful

edit2: @Prinnyfoof
I'm just joking, I have no idea what the name is... just that so far the mc hasnt bothered to protect any dugeons (the actual title do suggest it), but he does brings misfortune wherever he goes, so I came up with one... the truth is, this is based on a novel translated as "The Gate of Good Fortune", but as mc is aways miserable, me and others readers refere to it as "The Gate of Misfortune".

Same thing seems to happen with this manwa. I very much suspect that author messed up and has no idea where to go with the story anymore.

The author really needs to work on his pacing.

Can't have too many plot twist and turns without throwing in a frame to remind the reader of key points. He already uses thought bubbles, have the mc make some mental connections...

This whole arc seems to introduce the new necro and give a hint to the rez ability (thanks to @Rzaj for the summary) and took 10 chapters...
This is 10 chapters (2.5 months) that are pretty much completely disconnected to the previous ones.

@SeaTurtle This makes a lot more sense, as the dungeon part seemed so random. Could you elaborate on why the name is wrong (character breakdown) and how the original translation team could have gotten it wrong?
@Lupin is it possible to change the name? Update the "alternate name" section of mangadex?

Dex-chan lover
Where is this manhwa going? I mean, I'm still enjoying it but what is the endgoal of the story? "A skeleton have an adventure with a few foresights into the future"?

I'm getting resolution so potato that the text is unreadable. The first header image thing is fine and the rest is straight garbage. Happening on multiple devices.

Double-page supporter
I knew there was going to be a MacGuffin, she was giving the MC way too much of a free ride.

Well, when even the MC says "what?..." , you know we're in quite a rollercoaster.

RIP Necrogurl. Atleast your Dr. Octopus impression was good :D

Dex-chan lover
Well this would explain where she went. I mean he never knew about her because she dies here. Before this she was an underworld assassin.

Makes sense that right before such an upheaval certain figures would rise and fall.

Double-page supporter
This manhwa, and manhwa in general, really seem to waste a lot of space with redundant drawings and white space.

Double-page supporter
@CaesarTG:

As far as I can tell the MC did NOT die at the end.
He would have gotten his message about dying and his level returning etc. etc. if he died.
Instead the MC got the info that he got 3 skills.

Remember that he got that ability by that necromancer to take the skills of enemies he defeats.
So what happened seems to imply that he just now defeated an enemy that granted him those skills as a result.

My guess is that the necromancer had some last trick to play and activated it which somehow made the MC's body act without his control.
As a result he then stabbed the new enemy with that dagger in one of the armor's joints and wounded him there.
And then the special effect of the dagger combined with a spell or so from the necromancer took effect and instantly killed that armored enemy,

That would explain why the MC got some skills suddenly and is surprised by what happens.
If he simply died he would know what is going on and not be surprised by it after all.

Double-page supporter
Sry, but why does my browser get so slow when i tried to read this chapter. It happens when i tried to scroll past page 1. Same thing happen when i change the page to 'Single page' instead of 'Long strip'.

It only happens to this chapter.

Edit: I can read page 1, 6 and 7. But it crash my browser on page 2, 3 and 4. Is it because the image size is too large?
Edit 2: I can load the page when i change the image to Fit height. But on Fit width or no resize the problem occurs again.
Edit 3: So i can read it if i 'Open image in new tab'. But i cant read on this site. Sry for ranting. Just trying to share my problem.

Dex-chan lover
When you're out of ideas as to how to develop your character, make random shit happen.

A wild OP necromancer appears!
Wild OP necromancer give MC skills.
A wild OP space knight apears!
Wild OP Space knight give MC skills.

Dex-chan lover
@Rzaj
That much I know.
But well, this arc feels a lot more random compared to previous one, that atm I feel like 'okay that cool, but what this will lead us to?'

And not wondering with excitement when with Rena/Lena, but with confusion. I guess we will know soon anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread