The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 1 Ch. 56

Double-page supporter
If it was future skele-bro there why would he be speaking Greek to himself? It would make more sense to speak to yourself in a language you could understand at the time. Nah, pretty sure this is someone else.

Next chapter skelly absorbs the green genki dama and goes full super saiyan?
Then find all the super chaos emeralds and goes hyper super saiyan.

Dex-chan lover
Number of waifus that will get fuckign rekt throughout the story of this manga:

Over 9000, No waifus shall survive. If MC remains beta weak boi status after absorbing all of the free EXP I don't know what to tell ya

Double-page supporter
@boag If it is future him, that brings up even more questions. For example, why would he kill the necromancer that helped him out? If it was for the emperor stand in, why attack after the stand-in was dead instead of before? If it was just to remove her soul link, then he should know that it will automatically go away when he dies the next time. Or maybe he just wanted to power level himself and this was the most efficient method? But if that's the case, then there had to be an iteration of himself that got that strong on his own merits to be able to start the cycle.

Again, I think it's more confusing if it is a future version of himself, but I'm willing to stick with this and find out.

Aggregator gang
@degenerateafro I doubt that it's a future version of him, but it might well be something similar in nature to him that has also transcended the limits of fate (which might in turn explain why he wasn't harmed by the swords and why it just let him go, those final words were probably a warning about screwing with time for personal gain)
also, I don't think anything soul deep actually resets when he goes back, after all he keeps his stats and skills (which is both good and bad) and that was part of the reason he didn't want to swear to the cult of the other demon last bad end, so I think he's stuck with her soul link for good either way (unless she willing undoes it, but it seemed to be more of a benefit than a shackle anyways)

honestly I thought he was gonna die there and reset to in front of her and have hilarity ensue as "past" her realized he was telling the truth (well, he could still end up dying and resetting to there later on, but obviously he's getting an inventory skill now instead)

Dex-chan lover
@degenerateafro
If it is future him, that brings up even more questions. For example, why would he kill the necromancer that helped him out?
If I had to bet, I'd say it was because in the unforeseeable future, being associated with leads to something not in his best interests. It's like...

Let's compare the now-deceased necromancer to baby Hitler, and the audience (us) to baby Hitler's mother. Say someone kills baby Hitler. Our point of view is currently too narrow-minded, too small to understand on a larger scale what is happening or why it is happening. We'll never understand why baby Hitler had to die; in our eyes, a perfectly innocent baby was killed. He hadn't yet grown up into Hitler for us to know. If the murderer was a time-traveler, then they'd know it was for the greater good.

But maybe we'll find out as the MC does more time travelling. The [Necromancer's Lover] skill may have been too strong on her. She reacted very differently compared to any "necromancers" we'd had up til now. It could have lead to her locking him up, like a princess in a secure tower, doing the things she(he) wishes, but at the cost of all freedom.

Edit: Maybe the future self is prepping his past self for the scenario he didn't unlock?

Double-page supporter
@Talismaster Well, the baby hitler analogy doesn't work in this case since we know she's a murderer, but that doesn't hurt our MC any except for the possibility of having a master that's stronger than his succubus master whom is his ultimate goal currently. Plus he wasn't at a level where he could start her scenario to begin with, so we know that he's likely going to meet her again in another cycle, so killing her now seems extraneous besides the obvious "power leveling" option.

On that note, now that he has a power up and the ability to absorb, he can take care of a few loose ends from his previous cycle. Such as properly taking care of the spider queen. Not sure if he's strong enough to take out the slime or the animal/demon cult (unless the phantom emperor shows up again to take care of them), but this should be enough for the knight guards at the tournament. He could even grab Rena again and have her place bets properly now that he knows the outcome. The big problem would be rebuilding his relationship with her again since he obviously wouldn't go through all of the same scenarios again. Befriending the goblins is the obvious big one he has to do again.

Dex-chan lover
@degenerateafro
Well, the baby hitler analogy doesn't work in this case since we know she's a murderer
Well, I just mean in the what if scenario or possibility that she'll be a bad influence. Yeah, we know she's a murderer, but we don't know how or where she's specifically aligned.

That said... I'm not sure what's going on right now. He's dreaming, right? Or no? Is he going to wake up, and exp gained is a "perk"? When or if he wakes up, when and where is he going to spawn?

Dex-chan lover
I didn't really like how this played out. MC just sat on the sidelines watching this epic battle take place for a couple chapters, completely failed to do anything of importance and now that it's all over he just gets a massive power-up without doing shit to earn it? What a load of bullshit.

Dex-chan lover
My baby bag'a'bones just got powerleveled. Heres hoping at least some of it carries over to the next tries.

Contributor
Too bad necro died, but at least he will level up and protecc better next time. 🤣

Dex-chan lover
@degenerateafro
The whole possibility exists that he only appeared to power level himself, the fact that theres so many ways this could turn out is really enjoyable.

Dex-chan lover
So kinda like New game+ before you've finished the game?
(Well technically he finished the games multiple times at this point right?)

XL

Dex-chan lover
Bah, this is some bullshit power up nonsense. Oh sure, the guy who murdered everyone is just going to attempt to attack, utter some garbage words nobody understand and leave. The fuck?

Users who are viewing this thread