The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 1 Ch. 61

Ok, this series has now gone off the deep end. We had a decent power scaling going on, but then Necro lady shows up and is far above and beyond anything we've seen, and then a few chapters later her entire army gets wiped along with her. Then Knight dude shows up and also blows just about everyone we've seen previously out of the water and MC was too dumb to realize that the armor probably wasn't a good thing to keep with all the flashing going on (wasn't this happening like multiple times a day for a couple days?!?). Then Nun-Ninja comes out the blue and nearly one shots the knight and once again ruins the power scaling (what is this shit DBZ now?!). I'll stick with it just because I've forced myself to go through worse, but hopefully it gets better.

Thanks for the upload.

Contributor
@Owyn If you look at some of the flying beetles in the foreground, you can see that they have little explosive canisters attached to them. The killer nun ordered them to suicide bomb the Paladin, but his horse blocked them with its own body and got Ragu'd.

Double-page supporter
Making the skeleton's hard earned power seem like child's play by most the current characters (thus turning him into a helpless bystander) is bad enough for this story. But motorcycles in a fantasy setting? What the actual hell? Rewrite the chapter and we'll all pretend this didn't happen.

I mean did the author hit such a wall not knowing what to do that they decided on how to train wreck the whole thing as spectacularly as possible? I'm not dropping it, but man this is harsh.

Dex-chan lover
jezz, im just happy to have something interesting to read, i care not if it goes off the deep end.

Last time I saw a modern engine in a medieval setting was in AoE2. Dog bless Cobra Cars, saviour of lost bot games.

Me

Dex-chan lover
This is turning into a trainwreck, but a hilarious trainwreck. I'm all in.

Dex-chan lover
Oh shit, that's not good.

They killed his favorite horse.

Someone is quite pissed.

a motorcycle in a medival themed story... you could aswell get some copters and jets and why not some allien guns aswell, the MC is no longer doing anything anyway.

Double-page supporter
With the way things are going I'm looking forward to when aliens are injected into the story

Dex-chan lover
That Beetle cycle is some rule of cool awesomeness, but the tension has really been lacking this last arc.

Users who are viewing this thread