The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 2 Ch. 102

Oh, we finally gonna get to know what those assimilation rates on huh? Author really know how to keep the suspense up. 102 chapters later to get around explaining a bit.

He called it "Just" a fragment. They're a fragment of something, and I figure that he is one of those somethings, and he's been sealed

Fed-Kun's army
@idogadol - Haha, that's what I though too! As well, it seems like the system is forcibly making him forget his true identity. I wonder who our skeleton friend is?

Dr. Bright is not allowed to slip in reference of any SCP, especially SCP-682, into any form of media entertainment

@lionfromnorth
or maybe it could be the other way around where he is the NPC and a strongest one at that and he's binded to that system where he acts as a player controlled character like what they're talking from the previous chaps about controlling dolls.
That assimilation dialogue might be reverting him to his original form and memories but that system is preventing him from doing so and perhaps trying to make a new personality and abilities on the same character.

Double-page supporter
so is everyone with the blue screen a person that has been chosen to become a new body for ashton or whoever and the lower the assimilation rate the more they become him? or just the mc i guess.

TBH, and while I would not discard Skellebro being Ashton, I do not think that is the case ... because Ashton has been writing timeline-exclusive stuff, specifically the newspaper blurb about the Marquis "suicide" ( and we know that the Marquis did not "suicide" in all timelines ). So , either Asthon is a crazy prepared guy and thought in all contigencies with atleast a decade in advance ( not mentioning that Ashton predates Isaac, by Isaac own words ... even Skellebro points out that Ashton would have 400+ years if that was true ... so crazy prepared 400+ years before the events ) or ... something else between Skellebro and Ashton. There is definitely a relationship, though ...

What I am more ... uncertain of is a) the fact that Rubia has the blue window and b) she never mentioning it before this timeline. In fact , even Skellebro blue window is fishy because it is unclear when he started seeing it ( in the first chapters he is surprised by it after coming back from his first life , but in the more recent ones he hints that he could see it when with Succubus ... might be the author forgetting stuff , though ... or me misunderstanding his memory ). I wonder if the previous timelines Rubia had it or not ... and we still don't have a clue about what the blue ( and now the red ) window actually mean, besides Isaac musings , that came directly from ... Ashton books . Sigh, all leads to whatever Ashton is ( or was ).

That said, Skellebro was going all bossy when he was ... deactivated, wasn't he? ;)

@rrolo1

Another unexplored aspect the Skelleton thinks about is what happens to people he leaves behind other timelines, and what happens to those timelines. Some tricky timeline shit might be happy, and perhaps he, as Ashton, exists parallel to himself in some form or another. There's also the fact that in one timeline, he restarted in a completely different are and time period when he woke up near the other Necromancer who did the assassination, and in another timeline he was able to find her and the event again after starting back in the cave with the thief girl that was a save point. There was also that after the save point, he had full trust of the Blonde thief girl from then on, no matter if he returned again, and it was sometime before he restarted at the beginning again (from our viewpoint). So him being Ashton isn't completely implausible. He either was Ashton, and lost his memories, or he becomes Ashton, and can freely move and manipulate events, including his own becoming, or maybe even a combination of both. he was Ashton and will become Ashton. It's clear that something mysterious is going on with the Blue Windows, which Ashton knows about, and the only ones who see the blue windows is himself and his creator. There may even be a chance that he is her ancestor through the same time fuckery mentioned above.

Users who are viewing this thread