The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon

So I keep trying to figure out how the hell kevin ashton reference fits in with this... and all i got so far for a theory is the IoT somehow equates to the user interface for the "windows"... and maybe this whole world is just him respawnin in instances of a machine learning program trying to assimilate his psyche or something along those lines.
It seems kinda farfetched but there's gotta be SOMETHING to the reference. You don't just slap in a irl name like that on this sort of mysterious character without any meaning to it.

On the other hand, I'm also rather perplexed by the overarching plot relting to the name of this, because he's not struggling to protect a dungeon at all... unless you try and make the claim that the whole world is the dungeon and he's just very slowly getting to a suitable power level to do that.
Meanwhile, the whole assimilation thing is out of the bag now with this recent chapter. But that raises too many variables for me to posit a decent theory just yet.

@lolikoki he failed to protect the dungeon hes not struggling to protect it.
As for ashton it should be more elaborated on more in the next few chapters if we are lucky

art is not bad. there's none of the really poor-quality photobashing you'll find in bad manhwa/ chinese manhuas (the ones that look like the artists took a low quality irl photo and just glued it on with some elmer's).

This is an interesting story. It has many branches and the way the plot trick works with the MC makes it so each one can be explored. Right when we think a door closes another one opens, but then we realize we forgot to close the other door completely and there is a small crack there.

This is interesting. A few iffy moments, but overall good.

Chapters 41 to 70 can easily be found on other sites to read, but the absolute atrocious quality of the translation for chapters 71 to 79 really hurts reading this in it's entirety. I wouldn't be surprised if having to go to other sites to read a chunk of this plus the plummet in translation quality for the mentioned chapters are the only reasons why this is doesn't have a rating closer to 8.5

Supporter
anyone knows where to read chap 71~79 by Hatigarm Scans? their website was taken down due to skeleton soldier related issues so I doubt the chapters will be back up on their website when it goes back up

can someone explain something for me it feels like i forgot something
so like what is the assimilation rate?
did it increase or decrease with every reincarnation?

Chapter 70 onwards, translation sucks might as well read it in brail, maybe you'll understand more because reading it like that will make you go blind.

Read up to chapter 40 since chapters 41-49 are missing in English and I honestly can't be bothered to read more on another website.

The first ~8 chapters feel kind of frustrating since you know that the MC can just die again with no repercussions to reset how things turned out.
Instead of coming to this conclusion and
saving the woman who summoned him
, he goes on his merry way and befriends this thief girl who is weirdly into him because he has some skill that attracts necromancers.
He then goes around doing jobs that someone without OP powers couldn't possibly accomplish.

Basically, it feels like a bog standard isekai, nothing particular to note

6/10

if only he'd try to kill himself as soon as he saw how rubia was dead.... it might have been different...

@Knice yes, those were the reason why I should stop reading around 30s chapters

I dont know what this shit is trying to show me..

We goes with the title about a fucking Skeleton who surprisingly can survive in a fucking chaotic War (
the starting story before his first reincarnation/life
) with class as a mere Skeleton Soldier (
not to mention it showing that he participate in war too
).

Soo at early chapter we goes with a D&D (Dragon and Dungeon) style plot with levelling up and other stuff. it was on chapter 1 to more or less chapter 30.

And then from chapter 35-50, we goes with another nonsense, with a fucking nonsense adding nonsense..

finally on chapter 50 to 70 (more or less) we go with another fucking nonsense Sci-Fi style..

seriously it was all over the place..

i was waiting it will go to fucking Yu-Gi-Oh and Digimon style too..

imagine you were playing ARPG D&D and then it slowly turning into a fucking "Dora the Explorer" game.

yeah.. it is nonsense.
nevermind.. just keep. reading the chapters.. till you numb of it.

Just tossing out BS about the story.
Since there are elements of it being like a video game world, I'd assume the assimilation rate has to do with how much you realize how the world's system works (like awaking from being an NPC). And the Lu Lium being like the lifeblood of the world (since skele notices it doesn't reset the way everything else does) lets people imitate the strength of someone that's not an NPC.

But then you have to wonder about succubus and why she noticed how skele was special, which could in itself be due to the demons having some state of awareness of what's going on with the world due to being outsiders. Like maybe gods typically would want to intervene and help, but were barred by the system that assimilated most people, which would be why when skele's assimilation % decreased enough they were able to open the possibility of granting a blessing.

Double-page supporter
I like the idea of this re-spawning/time travel gimmick but very frequently he fucks up early on in his new life (without it being fatal to himself) making it very hard to feel invested in upcoming events when you know he's going to redo or retcon everything.

Like between chapters (vague: past midpoint of currently TL'd chapters, precise: see spoilers)
to
. It's 20 fucking chapters, he fucks up right at the start by
letting necromancer waifu die
and we just wade through 20 chapters waiting for the inevitable death and redo.

In contrast, Re:Zero always has the MC's major fuckups quickly lead to a death scenario making for a much better pacing. (It's in my manga backlog, actually only watched some of the animu, so I may be incorrect.)

@NaniTheFuck
finally on chapter 50 to 70 (more or less) we go with another fucking nonsense Sci-Fi style..
Personally I like the whole "super advanced civilization fucked themselves over so hard that it caused massive regression and current people don't even realize what was before" -shtick
Especially when used more like a background setting rather than what drives the whole story. And I mean this is just my take, it's never explicitly stated but seems obvious to me.

TL;DR for below: I went way off-topic

Like ELIX and Gothic being very vaguely hinted at to be taking place in the same universe just makes my dick hard.

Sure you could say all similarities are due to ELIX being a spiritual successor and the devs losing their Gothic IP, but so many things align just right.

1. ELIX is in the state of regressing and developing magic. The same mysterious ore that opens the door to magic in ELIX is used in Gothic to similar extents.
2. The energy by this alien material caused severe mutations in the wildlife, creating creatures very similar to those in Gothic.
3. This new energy also caused rapid environmental growth in ELIX, having nearly all of civilization destroyed with very few survivors and add 500 years or so, nearly every last trace of the past civilization could be gone from both the planet and memory itself.
4. There's an easter egg in the form of a car wreckage in Gothic 2. Check mate
atheists

Users who are viewing this thread