The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon

yes, your efforts are definitely appreciated, because it's not like anyone else is rushing to translating this. However, personally, it's just too illegible for me to enjoy at all. hope you can find someone that can help you increase the quality of your translation.

Wow it was great for the first 46 chapters I would have given a 8 or 9 for those

As for now I'm at chapter 70 and I'm just dropping it gave it a 5 I'll come back in a year read some more see if my opinion changes

46 and on feel like it's just an excuse to get him Uber powerful really quickly

What I think this story needed was a check point after the Goblin dungeon

I know what the main things about these types of stories is morning a specific version of a character but I will miss the main heroine of chapter 45
-------
Quick question to anyone else did it seem like they were also giving Rena the ability to vaguely remember the previous timelines

Going forward with that instead of the skeleton getting the ability to absorb sounds more interesting to me

@lorddiablo
just to be fair re spawning power isnt very strait forward for most MC and he assumed he would re spawn from the beginning and not have a save point he even acknowledge this in the first save thats why he's trying to get stronger to protect every one he cares for makes sense.

Other groups have worked on chapter 71 and so on. Heres a link to their site https://hatigarmscanz.net/comics/646915-the-skeleton-soldier-couldnt-protect-the-dungeon/2/71

So at what point does this story have a consistent set of characters because I feel like every character introduced is just going to end up not mattering, because they'll either die or the next time a respawn happens, the main character just leaves them and we never see them again other then mentions and flashbacks.

It feels as if I'm reading multiple drafts of the same story with the same main character whose personality doesn't extend further then "I want to become stronger" but with a different supporting cast each time he respawns.

Unlike what other people are saying I think the story is great, and the author is great, but the translations are...
Unreadable. I feel bad dropping it just because of the translations, but I mean... they're actually the worst translations I've ever had the displeasure of reading. Frankly it feels like I'm reading something run through a yahoo translator 3 times and then baked in an oven on 180f for an hour. These translations are a hot, I mean an actual burning hot pile of garbage.

Dropped @ Chapter 77. Not just the translation is bad. Typesetting is sloppy and watermarks for their group in the center of select pages.
Which is brave because lol I wouldn't want to be associated with this trash lmao.
Story had my interest. Wasn't a great story but it had its moments.

Dex-chan lover
@Niblpa No, those aren't watermarks for their group. Those are the watermarks for the site they got the raws from. But yeah, the translation and typesetting have been really bad lately.

If people really can't stand it, and don't mind it, you can always go over to Hatigarm Scans' site and read it there, as they are translating it. Just, don't try asking them to bring it back to Mangadex; they were one of the groups that left MD a year ago with Jaimini, Champions, Meraki, etc. in that big pile of drama.

Users who are viewing this thread