The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 11

@Agathafk I want to say I appreciate your work and the English in this chapters good.

I'm looking forward to future releases from you guys.

And those who are mad like you said you don't have to read it so stop bugging them about it.

@JoshuaFord
Your courtesy and civilized 2 cents in this comment section is very much appreciated. I like your POV.

@Agathafk
~~First, this is not a hate comment~~

I'm amazed by how fast your translations have been improved on but it saddens me you had to pay premium accounts to do so :/ thank you (?
My issue as a fellow translator and reader was the grammar (quantity over quality, and that's a no-no), now that we get fast and readable releases (quality is catching up to quantity) I have little complaints and am happy as a reader.

Now here is the problem, note that as Joshua said, this generates troubles in the long run for this series and any others you decide to snipe on. Sure, you can do whatever you want and we can just not read it; which you know no one will do because we're here because we like the series, not because of D&A. But I'd like to hope you aren't just doing this to compete and get the attention but abandon this when the other group decides to drop the series, which is what it looks like for the community as of now.

The whole point in this comment section is:

"What intentions lead you to compete translating something to a language you don't understand?"

The explanations you've given so far are moreso:

A. "I wanted to practice! but didn't know how this works don't hate me:(".

There are other ways to practice, but okay, I have translated chapters from a series that wasn't mine in the past too, yet didn't share it because I didn't know what procedure to follow beforehand. You've said you didn't know anything about how this community works but at the same time wanted to upload your translations, then why not investigate first? You can't cook something without knowing how to handle the fire and expect not to get burnt.

B. "I like this series and wanted to translate it".

I get where you're coming from. That thought lead many of us to join the group that was originally working on a series we loved to help update faster. If they didn't accept the quality we provided, that lead us to improve our understanding of the language to then be able to translate properly (According to the definition of a translator, "The most important requirement is that they are fluent in both languages", https://collegegrad.com/careers/interpreters-and-translators). You had to learn the language first too in case you wanted to do this under the name of your own group, and then tell them beforehand, that's the proper way.

C. "The sole owner of this manhwa is the author, not you, not us, not the reader".

We readers know, we aren't your boss to complain about bad quality work. But if you hope we read AND enjoy what you do, please do try to do it well. Your efforts to improve are much appreciated.

We scanlators know, the whole purpose is to be able to and let others be able to read a nice series we've found out about. But don't waste others' time and love towards a series like this. They work on this for the same reasons as you do. Please don't snip.
You haven't done what you should have done and now basically tell us to ignore it. This is why the community reacted in a bad way. It's not that it hates you, it hates the way you handled things.

You've made us readers happy with your translations, and you've made us scanlators upset with the way you did it.

I'll admit the translation has greatly improved. Doesn't take away from the fact sniping is like a virus. Taken down the ultimate end would lead to the destruction of the fan translation community.

@Astraea It wouldn't be a difficult rule. Contact the OG team if they give permission then the second team gains posting permissions. If OG team doesn't respond or submit a translation in 60 days then a scan should be open to any teams.

Users who are viewing this thread