The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 14

Oh no!! Mystery figure, whatchoo doin? Go away!

Thank you for the update! I am excited for more!

So the cousin had a sad past and was a victim of circumstance. Boo hoo. Does that justify his actions for manipulating one person who genuinely treated him with kindness? He knew his cousin was suffering with a father who kept indulging himself and instead of using his wits and cunning personality to have the sorry excuse of a father/uncle, help his cousin in the process and rightfully gain her trust, he chose the easy way out and tried to flatter two possible candidates for a high ranking position. Well, can't say I fully blame him, its human nature to choose the easy way out and being selfish

So, should I pity Gaspal now? Well, it COULD depend on who he met that could've influenced him better but comparing both guys, our ML has a lot on his plate, he HAS to be on the front lines while Gaspal has to work his *ss off for research. While not as rewarding, he could still be a notable figure if he stayed decent.

Mystery hooded person is definitely a woman judging from the lips. *sigh* can she at least have a break and learn a thing or two about being a duchess. If we must have some conflict, let her have some legit trouble in handling internal affairs (since she has no experience for it) or have both leads work side by side on the battlefield and somehow get separated from the main army and have our shipping moments while they're alone together. Couldn't we have that instead of Option A, jealous b*tch who was rejected for her own good (I mean, the duke is right though, the only other woman I can see him ending up with other than Ivona is a literal woman of the battlefield, someone who could understand him. A woman whose only been at tea parties and have tackled a few cunning rivals could be interesting, but both sides won't end up happy if said woman is like any b*tch noble, much less one unaware of the events happening in the outside world) or Option B, jealous, greedy male noble targetting ML for some reason (well let's go with the usual because of power), will most likely end up 1 dimensional then. *sigh*

Tristain is stupid, If only he worked hard enough to help his cousin shine bright he would also have won in ever since, especially because she truly wanted the best for him as well. Greed sure does make people blind.

I dont think Tristan has been faking gay, especially with how he acted when Gaspal was being humiliated by Ivona in public. He is a greedy asshole though

yesss you go girl!! tysm for the chapter can't wait for the next one!!

Group Leader
honestly, it's not even like tristan had to go down this route. he could've done so many other things to raise his position. he's just as much as a fool as our mc was in her past life

also, a new challenger approaches! i feel like i'm gonna hate them!!

Knew it. Cousin is a snake.
And he chose the wrong side.
The MC's dad and Gaspal are trash even then.
But, seriously who is the mysterious person... man or woman?? Who's the likely suspect? Someone who wants to fight for the throne? An obsessive fan?

@Meri08

I mean, did he really choose the wrong side? Maybe now but everything went off without a hitch on the original timeline.

God damn it. The story was getting better, but an anonymous snake comes in. Snake meet snake cousin.

@Alviam099
Your 'wrong' is different from my 'wrong'.
I didn't mean it that way.
In the original story he got away with it, but not this time.

Meo

Double-page supporter
Tristan is such a superior "villain" to Gaspal. Gaspal is a nitwit but Tristan is cunning and can assess the situation accurately. Too bad the moment Ivona was onto him, he already lost (would've been interesting if he was a secret villain that stayed by her side). And why is there ALWAYS some shadow guy?

Gaspal actually compared himself to Argentine? Does he not understand that a Baron is the lowest noble title and a Duke is the highest title after King/Prince? It's like a temp employee comparing himself to the CEO's chief assistant.

Users who are viewing this thread