The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 18

I’m in favour of the other group, their translating has gotten much better and you guys are babies about not being wholly supported, but thank you for the work you’ve done up to this point.

Fed-Kun's army
It’s sad to see a series get dropped, but the part of me that lets out a sports fan holler every time I see that there’s a new chapter of Emperor And The Female Knight up is hoping this means it’ll be updated more frequently, haha.

@InariChi @Kanami-chan @NARKist @Athan0r

In this scenario, I doubt the drop is about money. Their discord server doesn’t have anything for donations (as far as I’ve seen), they don’t have a Patreon, and overall there doesn’t seem to be anywhere to collect money from readers. In terms of the mass release, these are probably just the chapters they had worked on partially before the snipe than chapters they decided to hoard—for money, salt, or otherwise. Often times when a group decides to drop a project, there will be partially completed chapters. In those cases, there’s generally a mass release before dropping so that those peoples’ work can see the light of day. It’s not that the chapters have been hoarded or hidden only for donors, it’s that they were unfinished before the decision to drop was made and finished up for release so that the people that had already worked on those chapters could get their due credit before the drop actually happened.

Even though the spoiler is to be expected, DnA are petty and immature.

Thanks for your work until now.

I'm going to receive a lot of hate for this but isn't DnA being a bit of a dick to their fans? Dropping a series like this just because they got sniped. If they have high quality releases then their support won't fall. Many people have also been staying away from NNG releases just to wait for DnA, and some NNG readers will go back and read DnA versions if there are improvements.

Just because of a little competitive pressure, DnA drops the series and with their pettiness, spoils a future scene for all of the readers, their supporters included.

Luckily, NNG has improved massively and still is getting better that this isn't much of a setback.

Group Leader
Thank you for all the releases so far, though I have to admit I am sad to see you drop this series but understand/respect your decision.
All the best for future project and Happy CNY to you all too!!!!

It's a spoiler but... not as massive as some guys think.

It happens in too soon. They're going to get married but it's not going to get dragged out. It just happens without much problem. The whole webtoon is not about the engagement. I got confused when I saw they got married really quickly. Huh, no major problem before the wedding day. I thought for sure that a red-haired girl will be a problem. Then the story continues on...

They have cute moments.

Aggregator gang
I used to do scanslating a long time ago and if I learned anything from it, it's something you should do if it's fun. When it stops being fun, you drop it.

If other groups are doing the same series, it's not a big deal...because if your work is good quality, there will be readers that will prefer you. And if you're having fun doing it, who the hell cares if some other group is doing it too? Either keep doing what you're doing because you enjoy scanslating the series or you drop it because it's not fun anymore.

You guys just posting a massive spoiler at the end of the chapter is petty. Just because you're angry at another group for doing the same series is no reason to take it out on the readers. 😑

Dex-chan lover
Now watch as the only remaining translator group drops in quality or just disappears into the woodwork now that there's no competitor. 😂

Thanks for the translation, good luck on your next proyect and hopefully NNG wont drop this.

Ah, man. The DNA scans have such clear and consice translations. It'll be sad to see them go. I admit, at the beginning, I didn't know much about sniping and supported the other group. Now that I know how bad it really is, I feel bad for doing so. I can totally understand their decision to drop it. I wish them luck in their future projects!

Back to the Korean Guessing Game, I guess. I usually stare at the raws and formulate my own version of what the plot might be. Though it is funny to see how massively wrong I am when the translations come out, I really want to read this series, so I hope another group picks this up soon.

Man, I just gotta learn Korean. Sorry, Duolingo. I swear, I'll come back to you soon... !

Dex-chan lover
Aw damn. Sucks to have the only translator drop the series but can't force them to change their mind.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks DNA scans so much. Now we gotta wait and squint our eyes for the other group as if we're reading badly scanlated Chinese manhua 🤦. Ah, I'll miss the clear and beautiful work done here. Btw, can someone tell me what the Korean word said?
Edit: just found out it means "I do" 😚😚😚😚😚

@Spookie you know how when you don’t like a manga anymore you give up on reading it? that’s what they did. when something stops being enjoyable you stop doing it, ESPECIALLY when that something actually takes up your effort and time (as opposed to sitting there and reading something for free, then dropping it when it starts to bore you)

scan groups (for the most part) don’t recieve money for any of the work they do, and they have absolutely no obligation to continue it if they don’t want to. they don’t owe their “fans” anything, especially not after half of them turned on them the second they saw someone updating faster.

@topofthehill Then they should just drop it, none of their fans turned on them until they started being petty. Everyone would have understood and fully supported them if they had just let it go, came out and said that they are dropping it. Like hey, this is being translated by other people already so we want to allocate resources towards this new manhwa or our other ongoing ones. That's completely fine, but

What DnA did was really petty, they tried to one up the other groups so they could be on the high horse they leave and then dropped the f bomb to everyone else who stayed around.

I bet NNG's reaction will be, "thanks for translating chapters 16-18, we will continue on with 19." That's the reason why many people support NNG, because they do it for fun, enjoyment from the enjoyment of the readers, there are people who like this and want to see progress. There were only 4 chapters translated in 2 months, and we now are at chapter 18 within 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread