The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
@eva3071
Not because I say so, but because all the evidence points towards that. They are behind this whole fiasco with a very high probability.

@criver i agree with you, player3 is d&a for sure.
But hey I'm not complaining.
This drama is still hot and we got new chapter 😀

Dex-chan lover
Eh. Can someone put out a decent scan? D&A has dropped it so (idk) player 2 was the better one so far but what the hell was that shit? I’m just trying to read something here. No use fighting over an illegal action, ok?

But still I like the fluff in these chapters, thanks.

@eva3071 "Even some circumstantial evidence would be welcome."

Their account was created a couple days before DnAs final mass release and they released at the same time.
New accounts can't post for 24 hours, so they'd either need the ability to predict the future or coincidentally have planned ahead to release at precisely the same time as DnA.
Along with the fact this has been going for 2 weeks with DnA being quiet and only NNG working it, then all crap suddenly hits the fan when DnA decides to suddenly pop back up and drop it.

BUT WAIT, here's more, hover over their release time "x days ago" and you can see the specific upload times Most of DnAs and player3 and player4 releases occur around 12:00UTC which isn't a very high traffic time in the United States, NNG on the other hand has a more scattered inconsistent schedule.

Dex-chan lover
@ManlyMan6545 Here's a fun tidbit to add to this tinfoil story.

player3 actually uploaded a chapter 16 to snipe NNG. In it's comment section, someone pointed out that this player3 account is an obvious mule and is obviously related to DnA vs NNG drama.
Not long after the discussion starts turning that direction, chapter 16 was deleted just as DnA does a mass release with it's announcement of dropping out.
Then player3 uploads another chapter, chapter 19, restarting the illusion that he's a third party, not a DnA mule account.

Dex-chan lover
@Rockdrop
Guess what just happened to chapter 20 and player 4. Same thing - the discussion started turning towards the fact that p3 and p4 are alts of D&A, and it got deleted. I think it's high time the mods warned those guys, especially if they have data that the IPs coincide.

Dex-chan lover
@criver There's also a second chapter 19 that was uploaded. This chapter 19 is the same as player3's upload, except the whole font, including sfx, is emboldened with no trace of redraws. That means this person had access to the files with layers still intact.

Third chapter 19 was uploaded, it only had a creepy image. Removed promptly by mods.
Second chapter 19, the with just bold fonts, got removed cause, again, discussions on it pointing out the obvious correlations.
Chapter 20 got uploaded, this time with ridiculous fonts and a creepy image at the end.

omygod what is with this drama??? the theory about D&A....if thats true, can all of this just stop? are you tryin to prove some kind of point? all i see is people being immature. i support different translators working on one series separately, though itd be better if they work together and collab so the series can have better upload rates. can we all just be mature and talk this crap out? both translators, can u just talk to each other? stop making such a huge drama gah

I dont get why people are stressing over whether player3 is an alt account of d&a. When NNG started to snipe this series, they were the same people who were ok with low quality as long as chapters came out fast. This is what the readers wanted, and whether this is alt D&A, an individual from the same group who still wants to continue or an entirely different person, you guys are getting what you asked for (fast releases). As what many argued from the past chapter, if you dont like player3’s work then dont read it and just wait for the other group to release their version.

So far, this is the only series that I’ve read here in Mangadex with such toxic readers who are so supportive of snipers. From the other stories where I encountered this, readers were quick to call out on the sniping as poor etiquette within the community (so i thought that there was a general understanding within the community what qualifies as sniping vs picking up a dropped/inactive series). In instances where one of the group announces that they’ll drop the series, there wasn’t much bashing as well whenever one of the group decides to drop the series. After all, as much as we are not duty bound to be loyal to a certain group. They do not owe it to us to stick to a project that they no longer want to do.

Part of why this has created so much drama is because of the readers themselves who are taking part in the drama and fanning the flames. If people stop commenting about the drama and return to only giving comments and reactions about the actual content of the series then perhaps this might help in slowly de-escalating the issue. I just said my piece and from now on, I’ll only be commenting on the actual content of the manwha.

Dex-chan lover
@yehey

I dont get why people are stressing over whether player3 is an alt account of d&a.
Calling out dishonesty is not "stressing over". I am just amazed that D&A would go to such lengths to try to force their opinion on the readers and "make a point" (ironically making the opposite point through their petty behaviour).

They are basically salty that people were happy that they got faster releases, as instead readers should have supposedly licked the boots of their D&A masters and denied and attacked any other group that dares infringe upon "their" manga.

Fed-Kun's army
@ashGHOUL

Both of them are floundering and neither has any idea what the fuck they're supposed to do, but still feel attraction. This setup results in awkward cuteness.

Group Leader
Well guess ill be dropping this series.
This is what you get from sniping.
Community drama.
Unless its big groups being dcks, Lower quality.
When the snipers lose interest, the series will be abondened.
The original translaters feel bad.
And other series that could be just as good left by the wayside, because of course snipers only care about stuff thats already popular.

Thanks for the update. I love how we seem to have a new contender for this series. It would be so funny if this was the work of one of the people from DnA to piss off the readers.

I remembered that i scream and crying when i first got my ears pierced. Is piercing ear for the first time really not that hurt?
I'm too young so i don't really remember .
I think it hurts a lot

I love the insult of not even including the red hared chick at all in the background let alone a frustration shot. She's so out of their minds and notice she's been completely excluded from the comic the moment those two are together in the same room.

I like that she was willing to answer any question that the Duke was going to ask her. She wasn't happy about it but she was going to answer. Luckily it got delayed by a surprisingly tame question. But he's going to be asking questions little by little and it's only a matter of time till he steps on a bomb. He's falling for her hard and fast so once that ball of darkness from her hits him it'll get a full on power move from him against those jerks.

What the heck. This duke holds more resources than the royal family itself. We can easily see why the king wants him to be the next king. I mean, he would need to get rid of him otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread