The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 24

@sgathach I think it's someone that has not appeared or mentioned yet. Could've been someone who was trying to push the blonde hair guy to be the King and manipulate him or have a deal for helping making him the King. For all we know it could be someone from another country trying to destabilize the country by placing an incompetent King on the throne or something to do with the Demon Lord.

Dex-chan lover
Admittedly minor, but why is it still a tiring journey when you magically teleport? Give me a reason why. Is it explained in the book? I have no idea, and that just looked awkward to see her say that.

Second, no one comments about how the emperor performs the ceremony and how the father of the bride is not present? They barely even say anything about the bride and groom showing up together. With their other actions, at least they justify themselves by saying something. Oh, I don't treat my fiancée as property, so that's why I do/don't do this. That's fine. Here, they just skip over all the irregularities with a MAJOR public event. And yes, it's still public even if there are only a few people in attendance. This is the marriage of two very high profile people.

The ENTIRE point of the Duke and Ivona getting married is to give each other a cover story to get society to leave them alone. Then they have a MASSIVELY unorthodox wedding? That goes directly against the goal of getting society to leave them alone. Maybe it's explainable. The problem is there is no explanation.

Crap. Inconsistent crap. This is just crap.

Fed-Kun's army
@comeonnow0 probably because of the whole ceremony thing? she is probably tired because of both the ceremony and the travel. and magically teleporting could also take a toll on one's body too.

and did you forget that in the previous chapters she told Agentine that she would cut ties off with her father and that she would attend her wedding alone? did you also forget at Agentine's celebration after the terrorist attack, he himself asked for the Emperor to bless his marriage with Ivona, to which he agreed?

Fed-Kun's army
Ivona looks so beautiful in that wedding dress. and just who is this hooded figure? Tristan and Gaspal really will go out of their way to ruin Ivona's happiness huh? a girl who has done nothing wrong to them? some people are just fucking awful. i don't care if they get redemption arcs later, they're annoying as hell.

Dex-chan lover
@jaellasster None of what you said actually responded to my comment...from three months ago. It's been a while, so I don't recall specifics.

To her being tired, my issue is that literally zero explanation is given by the story. Sure, what you said makes sense. I understand that. It could've been what the author intended. However, the fact remains that it was never actually said in the story. That's the problem.

As to the wedding issue, that actually is completely non-responsive. Yeah, SHE told Agentine that she would cut off ties and attend her wedding alone. So? So what? And yeah, the emperor agreed to bless the marriage. So what?

Fact. Both of them are high-profile public figures. Fact. Both of them have a lot of scrutiny on their wedding. Fact. The emperor performing the ceremony would attract a lot of attention due to its irregularity. Yes, the emperor agreed, but the PUBLIC would still be interested. Then they'd discover that the father isn't at the wedding. Then they'd discover that there's no explanation or that the relations between the bride and the father are bad. Speculation. Rumors. Not a quiet life.

That's the issue. You're ignoring the fact that the public would still find all of this strange.

Fed-Kun's army
@comeonnow0 oh my bad i thought you asked why the bride's father isn't there and why the Emperor's the one blessing their marriage.

about the whole being tired from using magic, i think it's already used in a lot of stories that things like this are like common knowledge and need no further explanation.

while it's true that holding the wedding ceremony in a church with an audience might be counterproductive to what they originally wanted to achieve, there would more problem later if the wedding were held completely private. They couldn't just suddenly announce he has a wife, the rumours would even be harsher. Some audience, more importantly his people, are still needed as witnesses. And i see that they didn't invite a lot of people.

And from what i see, Ivona no longer cares about her father and she wouldn't care people knowing her bad relationship with him because in the end she's the innocent one. if later people know her father abused her mother and neglected her, the blame would all be on him anyway. She has nothing to lose, especially since escaping from her father, Tristan, and Gaspal is the most important thing to her right now. Being with Duke is better, even if somehow people side with her father and rumours are against her, in the end they are all just rumours.

In the first place her proposal was so he could shut people off from bugging him about the whole 'imperfect because unmarried' thingy and so she could do her Kiridan fruit research and get her family and Gaspal off her back.

Users who are viewing this thread