The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 26

@JWChibi Your point is valid, but the way I saw it was more like a concerned parent. While officially she's only a servant, a lot of times these older servants may have been with their masters since infancy and sort of view them as a cherished child of sorts. Rather than not trusting the Duke, I think it comes more from a place of concern about this unknown woman he's suddenly married. Plus Ivona's own maid made misleading comments about her which would only amplify that concern. Even though in a way she is doubting the duke, rather than looking down on his choices I think she was worried that maybe he's being deceived or manipulated. Before Ivona suggested the contract they were essentially strangers and because its a contract it wasn't a normal courtship and moved pretty quickly. She also comes from a family of much lower rank and she was previously engaged to another man. It's not surprising that she may have some doubts about Ivona and her intentions.

She may not have a "right" to test her, but if someone you care about suddenly got married to a person you've never had the chance to know (and seems maybe a lil fishy), who wouldn't want to prod and test them just a bit? At least that's the impression i get at this point 😅

Well this chapter was confusing. So from other people's comments, the head maid is suspicious about Ivona because Sally was being all willy nilly...and now the head maid is also suspicious of Sally for being so. I don't really get what Sally meant when she was describing Ivona tho.

Dex-chan lover
I mean even I would be a bit wary if a new lady of the house went out of her way to visit servants and pay compliments left and right. She's overdoing it a bit (so does the author tbh). I don't know, it doesn't even feel genuine at this point.

I think the head maid misunderstood Sally talking about Ivona's appearance. I remembered in the few first chapters that Ivona's only got attention because of her body type (before Gaspal enter the picture complimenting her summoning skills). In a way, it seems Sally is protecting her master in this new land. But it didn't work that way.

Group Leader
thanks for another upload! for whatever reason i couldnt find 24 tho, even though it was on scraper sites. im assuming it must have glitched or gotten pulled for whatever reason. either way good shit!

dont get caught giving money to a 12 yr old ma dudes, unless its japan
bwahahha

Users who are viewing this thread