The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 32

Group Leader
Eh, I've seen those type of characters plenty of times already. He's either gonna change his mind or suffer horribly, either way I'm going to like the end result lol

The same could be said about archers. They can just as easily turn their arrows on their fellow humans and kill them without "dirtying" their hands or expending too much effort. I hope she will be able to change his mind on summoners soon. Btw, does he really believe she'll keep this conversation a secret from Claude? He indirectly insulted and threatened her but expects her too keep her mouth shut about this, how delusional is this guy?

Thanks for the update!

Need Claude to eavesdrop on this.
Ivona needs to put this guy in his place.

Thank you for the translation

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if he assumes that demons and divine beings are essentially the same thing, that they basically switch sides based on the will of the summoner? My instinct is that he's witnessed or experienced something like that, and it's colored his views of all summoners as a result. And unlike a simple weapon wielded by a single person, summoners can be as effective as artillery or bombers, based on the first few pages, so I would understand caution, but not such a negative response unless it was personal.

I hope she doesn't keep this a secret from Claude, she doesn't owe this ass anything. He could just as easily turn around and kill his fellow comrades, at the end of the day, the worst enemies of humans are humans themselves. We are our worst enemies.

Dex-chan lover
Ok but people with swords could just as easily turn around kill other people too, why should we trust people with swords? Don't be afraid of people just because people are fickle, we are all humans and nobody is all good.

Group Leader
His distrust is justified to a certain degree, you can be betrayed by a summoner, just like anyone else but on top of that, the summoner could be betrayed by the summoned beast and put everybody else around at risk. You can't compare a sword, bow or any other weapon to living creatures (either "divine beasts" or demons) with their own wills. All we know about summoners is that oh poor MC is one of them, they need huge mana pools, the make some sort of pact and that they can either summon beasts or demons. Maybe the guy has a point but the exposition hasn't arrived yet or he's just that one-dimensional.

Dex-chan lover
@KebabRemover: Possibly different 'school' of summoning is my guess.

At least everything Ivona has done with her contract suggest she basically use the power of friendship/prove her worth to form the contract.

But given how he mention demons + this chapter about demons summoning incident, there's a good chance there's a different school of summoning that use the contract itself to bind the being to their servitude.

Basically a difference between the contract being the reward of effort (Ivona) and the contract being a slave choker that force the control.

A "man" can just as much betray than any other summoner. WTF's with that dude saying summoners are different than humans...

This guy aside... Its cute how her feet don't touch the ground when she is sitting on the bed.

This dude logic is so flawed... He is straight up dumb. "Summoners are different, you may betray the humans." Yeah, bro, it is not like the are robbers, murderers, rapist, slavers, etc. In the human race. Following this logic, you might as well be a rapist, since we sure know that you already are a racist murderer.

Yea.. no I can't like this guy.. I hope there will be development but I probably still don't like him
I just want to slap him

Thank you for the update

I personally dont hate red head. I do think his views are flawed but at the end of the day he simply cant trust in the summoners because he doesnt trust that their summons will listen to them. This in turn leads him to be unable to trust summoners though his argument that summoners are different is flawed to an extent. Yes they can commit crimes without dirtying their hands but so can any human. Keep in mind a summoners weapon is a living creature that can be swayed and so the argument about swords and other tools doesn't really apply in this scenario.

Anyone can kill without dirtying their hands. Just hire an assassin or a false accusations can get people killed. Salem witch trails are proof of that.

Anyway, I hold back on hating the guy for now.

Does anyone else have problems with the pages loading? It’s only for this comic too. But there are large black sections where there should clearly be comic.

OKAY! He needs to back tf up. Cuz that argument is hypocritical af. The same can be said of anyone. How do you KNOW your knights won't betray you? How do you TRUST that they won't stab you in the back? How do you KNOW that someone with a ton of money won't just hire someone to kill you? Much like summoner's they won't even need to lift their hands to do it. SO. HE NEEDS TO BACK TF UP. Cuz ANYONE can kill without dirting their own hands. Assassins, mercenaries and the like exist after all!

Users who are viewing this thread