The Spark in Your Eyes

Double-page supporter
Story is interesting (by manhwa standards) art is good but the chapters are short.
The main female lead is a piece of shit so far other characters are bland except the northerner and piece of shit FL.
If the author makes it so the main female lead gets a happy ending then this is a straight 3/10 for me. But if author goes the harder route and makes it more grim and sad ending it will be above 7 for me.

Okay sooooooo, I almost didn’t start this because a lot of people said that the fl was a horrible person that needed to die. But when I read through, she’s not a bad person. She’s no sadist and she’s not even annoying. A few people called her a serial killer and compared her to Stalin because she killed people during war. And guess what? During war, PEOPLE DIE. And with that logic a lot of soldiers are serial killers because their death counts are above like 5. Like we don’t know her reasons for killing people and I’m not saying she’s blameless or pure, but I just don’t understand the hate she gets. Maybe the northerners deserved it, the only good northerner we even know right now is the ml. Like many other Korean webtoons have a ml who has killed their entire family or massacred a lot of people yet I dont see anyone calling them twisted and evil. Like everyone thinks that dark and haunted character is hot in guys. It’s actually refreshing that the fl is the badass one here. So if thinking the fl is trash is the reason you don’t want to read this, try it. The art and story are actually pretty great.

@PouyPouy I totally agree like lmao wtf this type of character would be seen as cool and great in guys but in a woman, man i guess she's such a piece of shit! like seriously...????

@ricericerice21 I saw your comment and didn't realize you were speaking sarcastically since I hadn't looked at any other comments.

I don't quite understand why people are saying the female lead is a piece of shit. If we look at, say, several female lead manhwa set in similar circumstances, the male leads are occasionally tyrants or distinguished war heroes. There is obviously a lot of background and context that is missing here, given how the female lead has (apparently?) been cursed, has been in war since a young age (literally a child soldier used by the state), not to mention that we don't know in what fashion they gained their powers. If I had to guess, it'd be through child experimentation or some sort of church-run orphan farm. Just my guess though.

If people saying the FL is a piece of shit and some say she isn`t
Now I`m curious what kind of guy is the ML?

i came here to rant about how cute the fl is, then i see peeps going like "fl is trash". and im here like, tf, is it just me who thinks she's adorable? shes similar to most kr fantasy mls so like, how is that different and why are peeps dissing on her??? i- ☝️✊👆👇👈✌️👉👊👌what???? am i liek, missing something?

@Prominis I had to do a retake and re-read what you typed to me bc I was so confused lmao my lack of reading comprehension rlly came @ me rn lmao I thought you were attacking the fl at first...why is english so hard man 😭😭😭
I totally agree! there is so much thats left to see about her backstory and things that could explain her character and bg but people just be jumping ship even though rn theres only 8 chapters. I just think the double stnadards rlly do be jumping out from people considering if she was a ml reactions would be completely different

I like the FL. Her character is interesting and clearly has depth to it, even if she isn't the typical good-natured/morally-upright FL. The story seems to be well written and it's clear that we'll see her develop as it goes on. She isn't a poorly-written character, and I think having her be the "bad guy" actually adds to this plot. I would definitely recommend reading it yourself, especially if you're down for something a little more josei. Form your own opinion without the hot-headed commenters, lol.

I like the FL. She might be emotionally numb at times, but she is not cruel. It is clear her experiences at war scarred her. On the other hand, the ML is a nice guy, but I have trouble believing
this injured horse business.
Being a healer requires a certain amount of pragmatism he has yet to demonstrate.
I wish he had given us a concrete reason to believe the horse would recover, because as-is he’s making me remember insipid FL’s from a lot of bad 90s shoujo. Which were a collective insult to GOOD 90s shoujo. I'm hoping his dark side shows up soon, but not before he gets attached enough to clumsy Kaia (alias, ik) that he won't stab/poison/abandon-to-soul-consuming-agony her.

Interesting story and characters we have a cold female lead and a ball of sunshine protagonist who seems will change the protagonist but seems hes also after revenge

Theres also the mystery of kaias background and who cursed her

Idgi how ppl are hating the fl sm, if it was a swapped and a ml was doing the same thing the fl is doing, ppl wouldn't say such things so much. Kinda refreshing the roles are a bit reversed

Defo worth a read and curious how the story goes and what secrets will be revealed

Y'all hating on someone for having PTSD.
Clearly the FL has been absolutely traumatized by way. You can see it in the hollowness of her eyes when she goes to try to kill the horse in the last chapter.

Especially since it was some time ago, she was even more mentally immature than she is now and she was used as a tool of war. ( Considering- how the king was talking about her ..... Something says there is much more to the FL's past. )

I think the dynamic is good between both, even the ml who y'all are shitting on. It's very likely that he uses herbal medicines, and it's unlikely he'd have had the right meds on hand for the horse. Plus he didn't save the horse to actually heal them, he saved it so the boy can see him alive one last time.

Why the hell is ml is always blushing when talking to someone? Can't he have a normal conversation? Wtf

seems like this one is going to be really heavy with lore and plot, i hope it turns out good!! im so curious to FL past

In my opinion this is very good. Nice art and the mood is perfectly described by the artstyle in the various situations
I also like the behaviour of our two main characters

Thanks for translating so far!! XD XD
Just 7 more chapters and then you'll catch up to the raws...plz update bit more quickly!!!

Group Leader
Guys guys, i found account translating this manhwa on instagram. Their name's @lychiiis_.x

They have till chapter 15, maybe chapter 16 too!!

Random plot hole but you actually literally cannot heal a horse with a broken leg, they are not put down because they are now useless, but because of how horses distribute their weight. You essentially can't really rest the leg. It is genuinely not possible and will be agonizing for the horse- anyone in a society who still rides horses should know this. I have never even been to horse camp and know it, so these guys definitely should if people are still riding and using carraiges.

No shade to the story, just took me out of it a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread