The Story Between a Dumb Prefect and a High School Girl with an Inappropriate Skirt Length - Ch. 68 - The Story of A Dumb Library Committee and An Av…

Aggregator gang
This chapter is fucking useless, what a waste of time reading all of that to be ended like that.

Where's the author account? I'll send them a DM or mail of a full-page review about their manga (of course in Japanese language, polite wordings, no swearing, no death threat.)

Dex-chan lover
The fact that out there, there is an isekai light novel with a title even more ridiculous than the one we are shown here, makes me want to cry.

Aggregator gang
Having an arc with some emotional growth, just for it to be a misunderstanding. That’s comedy. I felt so bad for him, but I still laughed. At least it was a one chapter of the misunderstanding and not a whole thing

Dex-chan lover
Okay.

I will preface this by saying that I wholeheartedly agree that in real life a girl talking to a guy does NOT automatically mean they want to date them. Sharing interests with a guy ALSO doesn't mean they need to be a couple, nor does a girl seemingly showing interest in a guy mean he "deserves" her. In real life that sort of behavior is entitled and gross and I do not endorse that line of thought at all.

HOWEVER, this is a manga, not real life. The author deliberately chose to make it seem like the girl was into him with her heart sticker "love letter", her language about "I want someone to share books with," her admiration for Tsukishima's efforts in the library, the fact that she NEVER MENTIONS SHE HAS A BF, etc. Narratively, it was all pointing to her having a legitimate romantic interest in him, and thus the outrage when the last pages pull it back completely with "i have a bf, lol, can you IMAGINE us being together?"

Well, yes, actually, I can: because the entire chapter up to that point was hinting at it, and making me root for it, and letting me believe Tsukishima was about to catch a break. He's got a crap attitude, yeah, but his growth has to start somewhere and for lots of people that sort of thing happens when they meet someone who inspires them to change. It seemed like it was going to happen here and then it gets thrown out for a last minute gag.

THAT is where my dislike for the chapter comes from, personally. Not because I think Tsukishima "deserves" that girl or I'm mad at her for leading him on or anything, I'm upset because the author chose to pull the wool over the readers' eyes and probably sacrifice character growth for the sake of a last second gag that has no real setup.

Dex-chan lover
That's just cruel, expect nothing lads
Expect nothing, lads, and you will still be disappointed!

Seriously, there's something wrong with this comment section. Women being friendly to you and wanting to share their interests with you are not leading you on.
Yeah, the sense of entitlement is weird honestly. You talked to me therefore you must want to date me is a very creepy and possessive train of thought
Hear, hear. A woman that writes you a heart-sealed love letter, goes on a date with you, explains that the reason for the love letter was your handsomeness, and then cries when you say you're not interested has simply once talked with you and clearly just wants to share her interests.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
That’s… kinda like my life I can’t lie lol. I do have the ability to change to hot guy but not with books though

Dex-chan lover
THAT is where my dislike for the chapter comes from, personally. Not because I think Tsukishima "deserves" that girl or I'm mad at her for leading him on or anything, I'm upset because the author chose to pull the wool over the readers' eyes and probably sacrifice character growth for the sake of a last second gag that has no real setup.
He didn't though. This is on page 1. Saya and her friend are peeking in a classroom and her friend is asking which one is Saya's boyfriend. Maybe the author anticipated that people would purposely overlook this detail to make the ending hit harder or something but it literally says right there on the opening page that she has a boyfriend. He wasn't pulling the wool over the eyes of anyone except possibly speedreaders.
MfCl0Gv.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
Well, the 6th page of comments and it's time for me to make a prediction. I guess poor Tsukishima will go with that girl and her boyfriend to hang out next time, for whatever reason. That boyfriend will show total disinterest in books and reading, and will sooner or later be dumped. Good luck, Tsukishima

agz

Many are skipping over the fact that Poemu told Tsukishima to take a chance and shutting down his correct assumptions that he isn't good for her. The ending gag is fine if Poemu got comeuppance too for sticking her nose in his business unnecessarily. But she comes away unscathed and Tsukishima is hurt after ignoring his correct instincts.

Dex-chan lover
Fucking OUCH. That was harsh... Hopefully it's a catalyst for some actual character development for him. I suppose just getting a girlfriend like that would have been way too easy, considering that the guy has mostly been a massive ass so far. Still, that was rough...

Aggregator gang
Why write it like that? Legit no reason to right it like that. Painstakingly craft this character dev arc just to throw it away on the last page. Even if this transitions into a whole arc where she breaks up w/ her current bf, it doesn’t make up for this kick in balls for him on this chapter.

He’s completely vulnerable, he admits his faults and he comes back to expose his vulnerable side only to be dropped down into despair indirectly. Why write it this way for a cheap gag?

He didn't though. This is on page 1. Saya and her friend are peeking in a classroom and her friend is asking which one is Saya's boyfriend. Maybe the author anticipated that people would purposely overlook this detail to make the ending hit harder or something but it literally says right there on the opening page that she has a boyfriend. He wasn't pulling the wool over the eyes of anyone except possibly speedreaders.
MfCl0Gv.jpeg
If you'd read more its absolutely played as 'whos the guy saya likes' more than saying 'whos sayas bf'
the girl coming along wouldnt act like she did after saya gave him the letter if she already knew that wasnt her bf
the situations in this chapter are indeed writen contradictory with the ending

Dex-chan lover
If you'd read more its absolutely played as 'whos the guy saya likes' more than saying 'whos sayas bf'
the girl coming along wouldnt act like she did after saya gave him the letter if she already knew that wasnt her bf
the situations in this chapter are indeed writen contradictory with the ending
This is some next level cope.

Users who are viewing this thread