The Story of a Girl with Sanpaku Eyes

does this take place in purgatory? they're just floating around in an endless white void doomed to flirt for all eternity

BCS

Dex-chan lover
So where exactly does volume 3 end? You uploaded some chapters from volume 4 and now I can't tell.

Dex-chan lover
@BCS Think of them more as different categories and read the description.

wow, Batoto ratings were already derailed but I thought it was just because it only had up to 5 stars.

Now here are 10 stars and people honestly rate this weighted/averaged as a over 9 star title?

These drawings don't even deserve 6 stars.

It's not as if the artwork is bad, but if we compare everything with manga that have great stories and art (e.g. Otoyomegatari, Berserk), this can't be at the same level or better.

In fact Berserk has even less total ratings (345, overall 9,36 of 10 stars), Otoyomegatari (252, overall 9,33 of 10 stars) also being less "popular" although both stories are clearly so much superior that worlds are between them and this "manga".

Those whole like everything indiscriminately just show off their uncritical facebook mentality prohibiting them from reasonable ratings.

If it's just a twitter publication that's not meant to be taken seriously, why do the people still not rate it accordingly?
Rating is not just about feelings (especially if it's just an iteration of the same feeling), it's about critically analyzing the work in front of you and comparing it with works that you've read and acknowledged as masterpieces.

If not, you're rigging the ratings, making real masterpieces look less good as they don't stand out within all these inflated series that have a 9+ star rating just for being perceived as entertaining.

@Asriel i get what youre saying and i do agree that people shouldnt give eveything a high rating, but honestly enjoyment should play a factor. If youre talking about the art then sure, Berserk far suprasses sanpaku. But dude youre also just mad that this manga is getting more attention.

youre also just mad that this manga is getting more attention.

No, I couldn't care less about stuff like this getting attention.

What bugs me is solely the fact that so many people rated this as a 9 or 10 star read when in fact it is not.

enjoyment should play a factor

If I enjoy a story that's mediocre or bad I just give it 4-6 stars. While this still rigs the rating because of my subjective bias, it still won't rig it to the point where people can no longer distinguish between good and bad reads when looking at the average score.

Those free rating systems are very flawed because they don't have any objective base to found your rating on.

But the worst thing is that a 10 star rating is equaled with a literary masterpiece, which people chose to rate even the trashiest moe manga on this site.

The lack of understanding what a masterpiece is (obviously a piece of art created by a master of its art) showcases brilliantly how people are self-incurred immature as Kant states, they don't want to live by definitions and don't "dare to know".

Though, I guess people outside of Europe never had any enlightenment in their cultural history, so I guess it's understandable that the voting is rigged by them by default since Mangadex is an international website.
Can't expect something from someone which he doesn't have after all...

Dex-chan lover
Quick question guys: what's with the blunderbuss kind of update?

@Asriel

I hope you are ashamed for whatever you tried to tell us with that stupid text.

If I enjoy a story that's mediocre or bad I just give it 4-6 stars.

Sounds logical, but does this imply that this manga is only mediocre?

While this still rigs the rating because of my subjective bias,

Did you try to put as many cool sounding words in one sentence without even thinking about what it means? Please explain me an objective rating, please explain me how something can be rigged, when it never tried to be something different.

between good and bad reads when looking at the average score.

Again, you imply that your opinion is the correct one being this manga only mediocre or now bad. Please try to understand that you have the shit taste here

But the worst thing is that a 10 star rating is equaled with a literary masterpiece, which people chose to rate even the trashiest moe manga on this site.

I don't know where to start. "worst" - is this really the worst thing possible? "10 star = masterpiece" - Where do you get that logic from? MAL? Go back to that forum, I bet their IQ is similar to yours. "trashiest moe manga" - and again, you think your opinion is absolute and adding into that your other comment, you also think that a 10 star moe manga should be comparable with e.g. a 10 star Berserk manga. Do you also compare 4-koma story/ world building with a light novel ? Every genre has its own rating, its own list and a 10 star moe manga is better than a 9 star moe manga, that's all.

obviously a piece of art created by a master of its art

Wow, you found a perfect definition for one of the most asked questions - oh, wait how can I identify a master of its art? Personally, I go with the "a masterpiece is filtered through the opinions formed by people in a time of a whole decade and only when the product is more than only well known, it's a masterpiece" (watch Hyouka if you don't get the reference)

self-incurred immature as Kant states, they don't want to live by definitions and don't "dare to know".

Ok, I take back what I said, since you can quote Kant you have to be intelligent and right.

I guess people outside of Europe

And don't forget people who can't quote Kant, ne, mein lieber Freund? Ich hoffe, du bist auch aus dem Land Kants, ansonsten kann ich dich ja gar nicht erst nehmen.

Can't expect something from someone which he doesn't have after all...

This is stupid and doesn't sound like correct English.

Fed-Kun's army
@Jaxons They're more like sections than volumes, as it's written in the Description. Some vicious people would suggest that the plot of this manga is so thin that it needs to be told five times, in order to get enough substance... However, the romance here has maybe the fastest progress I ever read in the genre, in spite of the multiple rewinding.

@Asriel Can I say that I find somewhat hilarious bringing Kant and the Enlightening into mangas ratings?
More seriously, as a European I find ridiculous the tought of us being the only enlightened people in the world. Maybe we've been ahead in the 19th century, but now? Really?
Now, I'll add my bit: in the Arts, there's always been a conflict between what people like and what critics think people should like. As history shows, people don't give a f***, so discussing is futile.
The problem is, as observed by @HadesTranslation, that we have this one rating for every manga genre. We should just weight it with the kind of manga we're talking about: a 9 to Senpaku is not the same thing as a 9 to Berserk, but what's wrong with it? It simply means that Senpaku is quite good for its niche.

Dex-chan lover
@Asriel: Eurocentric racist much? Geany and HadesTranslation have pretty much everything else that I could've said about your nonsense.

Dex-chan lover
Personally, the ratings to me is subjective towards how I felt reading through it's chapters. It's free and there's really not much I can do about the content inside other than to leave a comment and rating the experience I had from it.

The one rating system is fine for me. To be honest I didn't think it a big deal until now so as someone who's not entirely invested in the whole rating thing, I'm just giving out my perspective about my rating. I guess I should think things through before I rate it.

Group Leader
Art is created to evoke an emotion or thought in an audience. The most "objective" definition of an art work's success is the degree to which it manages that. But asserting it's possible to objectively judge art is one of the most pretentious and misguided things you could do anywhere, let alone on a manga scanlation sharing site, in the comments for a silly fluff manga about a girl being adorable and flustered and flustering everyone around her.

Aggregator gang
Whatshisface from Tatami Galaxy was right; nothing else is as boring to tell as a story of successful love.

Dex-chan lover
Sanpaku eyes supposed to be a bad feature? It must be a japanese thing...

Fed-Kun's army
@Fuko Big iris is associated with youth. Google "senile miosis". (btw that's why girls often wear colour lenses with frikin big diameter).

Users who are viewing this thread