The Strongest Dull Prince's Secret Battle for the Throne

@metalwater8 it's also stupidly slow on the wn... the fact that no one still knows him 200 chapters in is beyond me...

Extremely poorly planned, with incredibly unrealistic scenarios and scenes.
This story is badly written and it's very clear, even early on, that the author has plotted very little of the story ahead of time and is simply writing each bit in the spur of the moment.

The only reason why i dropped this manga is the lack of compassion toward the bretts, who were exploited and abandoned

@anime_simp_senpai
they died because zandra's (basically her mother's side) perpetrated acts that wanted to rebel against the current kingdom(since they were the former nobles before the kingdom took over them, so they're obviously not thrilled being under another) not to mention their magic research made use of the citizens (esp refugees from other countries) as their guinea pigs.. after zandra was caught, she was made to eat/drink poison and died a few days later. gordon was personally killed by Leo during his rebellion in the north)
as for the romance, there was that princess from another kingdom that was supposed to be a marriage partner but the fatass brother volunteered himself so Al was once again "free for all", elna's mother and finne's father talked to him about taking their daughters for himself but at the moment, Al isnt interested since the main purpose why he sought power was to find a cure for his mom's disease afaik.

@trickshot121
Thank you for letting me know, to clarify how far are you in the webnovel?
Also,
I am a bit confused, you are saying he wants power to cure his mom's disease. Is he seeking the throne or like magical power and where tf did his mom get sick?

@anime_simp_senpai
currently updated to w/e is uploaded, which should be around 450, and the recent 4 gaiden chapters
where Silver takes in a disciple since he discovered she was able to use ancient magic but was deemed unsuitable to learn magic by the academy (well it was more like some noble kid didnt like the idea that someone else was able to decrypt ancient magic but unlike him, had the magic power to actually handle the said magic so you can prolly assume she was bullied/pressured and eventually bought her silence to further that guy's own goals.. silver saved her since he found out the reason the girl was working hard was also to help her ailing mother which was similar to how he worked hard to learn ancient magic).. not sure where it got mentioned but it should be one of the reasons he sought a means to help his mom, and coincidentally found the ancient book where his grandfather was trapped in... afaik, he isn't interested in the throne, but since they're born to royalty, they were viewed as potential threats by their fellow siblings who wanted the throne for themselves so they are forced by the situation since it's either they're going to be killed by their siblings to get rid of the possible rivals for the throne or they have to make a stand themselves just to survive. iirc, there was one gaiden chapter that showed how Al and Elna first met and at the end, Al and Leo's mom was coughing a bit (shouldnt be a simple cough tho).. i think it was also mentioned on the sebas gaiden chapter, and on another one where the King and their mom were conversing while looking at the 2nd consort's preserved remains (Lizelotte's and christa's mother iirc)

**found sth
In ch205
"Around 13 years ago.

It was the first time I learned of my mother’s illness. No matter which doctor came to treat her, they all gave up.

To find a way to cure that disease, I have read many books. In the process, I learned about my great-grandfather who was obsessed with ancient magic. After my investigation, I discovered a secret room that only those who have the aptitude for ancient magic could open.

I searched the secret room and released my great-grandfather who was sealed in a book and learned ancient magic from him.

Up until now, I wonder if there is a time I put in so much effort to do something.

Approximately 2 years later, I have mastered a certain level of ancient magic and tried to cure my mother with the healing barrier.

However, there was no effect. In the face of my mother’s disease, ancient magic was useless.

There was a barrier in my mother’s room that made her condition gradually grow worse. I could destroy it but the barrier’s purpose was only to accelerate the disease that already exists in her body.

It was a disease that Mother originally carried and there is nothing I can do about it."

Some ppl don't like the story, but for me at least this is a good read, unlike isekai'd meta 'wannabe genius' reborn/reincarnation. Also the MC have many weakness for high-powered mage n things to consider when he wants to make a move.

Plus the artist is good and at least not doing some weird head tilting n pose as some of the other manga does.

Contributor
ranting
why is that an empire with it 4 layer of wall capital need an adventure guild to take out monster for them
what is this power scale to make ss class adventure afraid to die
why another adventure hate him because he specialize in high difficulty quest, are they not put limit on who can take quest or they need the quest for more payment
then it mean extra adventure with ability to take the quest with no quest and a game of throne surely need more manpower
why can he just live as silver then take his mother and brother with him to another country
unless they want to succeed the throne or something
who is behind his bad reputation or he is actually doing more thing than just doesnt take lesson in childhood
is his twin just someone to put in the throne to him

Users who are viewing this thread