The Strongest Savior's Second Chance - Vol. 3 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
This is the nakama power! Yeaaaah!

I dont get why ppl dislike the nakama power trope, its great. Had he on the other hand said "iie, senpai, this is our fight!" I would have burst a blood vessel in audible dissapointment...

Dex-chan lover
@Flashplayer0cd nah, its a cliche, but not bad writing. What you said is like saying The Big Damn Kiss is overused and shit writing.

Dex-chan lover
@joshguy

Felix better thank his lucky stars that he's a demon and was able to survive momentarily after being bisected, or else the last words he would have heard would literally be that.

Double-page supporter
cringe friendship card and friends won't always appear next to u in 2 seconds when someone is trying to kill u lol. unless they are some kind of gods and can predict everything or move that fast to always be with u, or they are just simply stalkers.

Fed-Kun's army
@black_knight69 Actually, there is. It's called Warlock of the Magus World. The mc only accepts somebody else' assistence when it's just to make thing easier, never puting his life in "with that person help, I'll overcome this situation!", there's no power of friendship in there.

It's quite long the story but it has the best and most refreshing mc ever. You can find it in wuxiaworld

@feha nakama power is actually fine when it's a dramatic line or partners whose strengs fill up the weakness of the other. As long as it's not "I'M GOING TO TAKE POWER OUT OF MY ASS BECAUSE FRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!" like fairy tail or something similar of course.. Althought it got boring with the passing of time since it's used in every f*cking story.

Double-page supporter
That they have time to monologue about friendship in the middle of a battle, is so shonen manga... Just facepalm.

Dex-chan lover
@macarroiz its also fine if it is used like in fairy tail, where they shout nakama power related lines and emotional music starts, before they somehow proceed to pummel the last boss who up until then had complete dominance.
Basically, the importance lies in the delivery. Which for anime is for the main part the music (which is why fairy tail and sailor moon gets away with it, despite being borderline deus ex machina).

Users who are viewing this thread