The Struggle of Being Reincarnated as the Marquess's Daughter: I'll Deal with What's Coming to Me! - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Double-page supporter
@Cylos Those dresses are probably custom made for her since she is so fat. I doubt enough people that are her size would also be rich enough to buy those gaudy dresses and be okay with them being second hand. There is likely no market for them.

Double-page supporter
Thank goodness her body is not a glutton with the habit of eating sleep walking.~ 😀

@vannn not necessarily. depending on how much she had to lose, how young she is and how long it took, there would probably be none. While it was VERY quick drop, her age should honestly even it out.

A month? She could use her loose skin as a skirt.

@personal852 true, but they could have put a more realistic time frame, 3 months at least. Or had her look chubby but not fat, and then have her like this the next time skip.

Anyway, I’m enjoying this so far regardless

Usually, it's more understandable to remake items from clothes than to sell a second hand dress. Usually the cloth are high quality therefore it can be distributed into accessories and toys. And besides, nobles would prefer to buy new clothes than second hand, but since she has a different size compared to other people, it won't be easy to find a buyer for an oversized dress, especially if it's been custom-made for a specific customer.

I was hoping to see the slow progress of her weight loss over more chapters. They kind of glossed over it. I’m still enjoying this manga though!

Kyle is reasonable and an exemplary man. Emotions are unreasonable, and being bullied and hated since young, and yet still listening to the other's idea is nothing sort of amazing.

Remaking the dresses is a good idea, I like how they didn't gloss over the problem that there are basically no market for them as they are. Fancy, oversize, second-hand.

The weight loss is a little rushed. A gradual progression would have been nicer. They may rushed it to progress the story and shock the other characters with it, but a nicer, smoother transition would have been nice.

Dex-chan lover
There's no way anyone can realistically lose that much weight that quickly. Even if she managed to maintain an extended cardio heart rate of 140bpm for 24 hours she'd only burn about 5600 calories a day, which is about 1.6 pounds. So she'd only lose about 50 pounds in a month if she ran nonstop without eating or sleeping.

Fed-Kun's army
You would have to be doing heavy weight training 24/7 to lose that much fat in one month, without starving. Talk about unrealistic weight loss. I mean wholly shit, unless she has magic, it's impossible with just effort and pure cardio.

On a side note, looks like kyle was a dick as a kid. No better way to put down females than telling them they're only a girl as kids, as if to imply women are useless, and destroy their self esteem.

As someone who has been on a weight loss journey for about a year now, I wish it was as easy as losing it all in a month lol

Dex-chan lover
im not even mad coz i know a girl that losed the same amount of weight in 3 weeks, i also know a dude that only eats trashfood and he has a fucking sixpack, and i mean like 4 bags of doritos a day and he doesnt even exercise

human bodies are weird....

@Vmpslushie Its not impossible, I have personally seen it. My sister actually got quite fat during a long trip to Europe and ended with a similar body that the MC has. After the harsh reality check i gave her (because no one had the balls to tell her she got HUGE) she set up a schedule, worked up every day and changed her diet cutting all the unnecessary stuff and adding anything that would make her work up more efficient. In 1 month she was nearly back to her original weight but her look returned to her normal. Funny enough her chest was a bit bigger because there was were the remaining fat was stored. But i have to admit that my sister had an advantage onve the MC because she already had a previously trained body before the weight gain and had the dicipline of how to move correctly, so recovering was easier for her.

@Imoutolover
Yeah. But since the author doesn't care about what's realistic, why should we. I'm enjoying it as well.

@FeBriz
Lol. Right? I don't really mind using beaten-to-death tropes either as long as the author uses them as a way to set things up and grab some attention with very familiar gimmicks. Now it depends on what comes next. Cheers!

Dex-chan lover
@Acciunt

It’s all fantasy so I can accept it, though to go from the beginning of the manga to the end of this chapter he had to have lost at least 100lbs (45kg). I don’t know if normal diet and exercise can achieve these results, maybe fasting.

That's what I hate about isekai mangas

They're ignorant
Who would lose more than 10 kilos naturally in a month?? Make her struggle a bit

Users who are viewing this thread