The Struggle of Being Reincarnated as the Marquess's Daughter: I'll Deal with What's Coming to Me! - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

A lot of people are complaining about the quick weight loss. Just think about it, if it was made to be realistic we would likely not see any weight loss without an unnecessarily long time skip that would usually ruin the story if it’s not done well. And personally I would prefer seeing the MC fit sooner rather than later. Just imagine she did some super intense workout while starving herself if it makes it more realistic

Dex-chan lover
I know we're all bashing her extreme weight loss here, and I could join gladly. Not in a sense, like, "hurr durr it's fantasy isekai shit, yet that's still the most unrealistic part of it, what a joke"
But like
There's always some kind of a message that could be taken out of any story, EVEN IF the author had zero intentions to put it in there in the first place. And the message here is "Oh yeah, and by the by, you can will your way into shedding unbelievable amounts of fat in a month, see, no magic here, just hard work".

Yet there's no way ANY hard work can get you there, and especially not without consequences. I don't advocate for turning this into a legit r/loseit manga with detailed routines for healthy weight loss, but just... maybe don't portray a totally magical act as a realistic one.

I don't know much about loosing weight (because I tend to go under normal weight border than over) but that much weight in just a month seems a bit to impressive... but then again everyone has a different body...

Dex-chan lover
She lost that much in 1 month 😩 realistically she'd be just a bit less chubby looking in that amount of time. Kinda sad they didn't take their time and just rushed her weight loss. I guess it's better than loosing it all in one day during a bath 🙄

Dex-chan lover
Seems a bit short for losing that much weight without ruining your health in the process, but it is a manga and I'd rather it happen quickly than get dragged on for a long time.

Wow, originally I was gonna complain about how unrealistic her weight loss is, but I see you guys did it in my stead too already

Aggregator gang
Maybe she had a very salty type of diet beforehand so she flushed out a lot of the water weight to help with the drastic weightloss? Lol grasping at straws here 🤣

Fed-Kun's army
For the weight loss, depending on discipline, and what you do, you CAN push yourself into 2-3lb (fat is 3500 calories) of loss a week.
a 1500 calorie diet will passively get you around 1lb a week, but even light exercise can push you into the 3000-3500 calories a day range, and while yes, this would be up to 4lb a week +, you will rarely ever stick to a strict 1500 the whole week.

as for weight loss, doing heavy exercises with compounds, squats/bench/overhead press/row/deadlift will passively increase metabolism for upwards 36 hours, and this is on top of cardio which when you are fat, you can just walk and damn near get a cardio exercise.

from personal experience, I have changed very little about my diet, I wasn't near break even and gains were made over the course of a decade, and from the looks of it I will be coming up on around 90-100lb of loss at the year mark.

as for the dress, as others said, second hand would be hard, but think of it this way, the dress material could make several plushies, and depending on if they had them, you take the dresses which would be high class, and make them affordable by more people, you may or may not get ballpark dress equivalent prices depending on how overpriced the dress was and if it wasn't just the materials are hard to get.

i love how everybody is throwing shade at the ugly lady's miracle weight loss lmfao

anyway, weight loss aside!! i'm rly looking forward to how it goes from here! thank you for the dast update!!

She lost weight wayyyy too fast.. that is an extreme diet..it will take at least 6 months to a year in reality lol.. and that extreme diet is bad for your body, you have to actually continue with the same regime for your entire life because that's how you basically trained you metabolism to work..

Dex-chan lover
Like it lmfaooo
Every character is a gag and it cracks me up so much.

Edit: wonder why tf everyone set off over the 1 month weight loss. Sore spot maybe? Idk man, it’s not believable? So is reincarnating in the novel u read in your past life. If we want the "believable" bar to be high...well, should I say more? Just publish your own isekai ft weight loss program, then I’ll listen to u docs.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for translating! i really like character development like this

Group Leader
@shishuri291 It takes a 3,500 calorie deficit to lose a pound, and with diet and exercise, a 1,500 calorie per day deficit isn’t unreasonable. That’s ~13 lbs in a month. Where does the other 87 lbs she lost (assumption) come from? This being a fictional comic and not reality. It doesn’t have to be realistic.

Dex-chan lover
The only way to lose that much weight, Crossfit,Keto Diet, plenty of water, plenty of sleep, and (I can’t stress this enough) cocaine!

Dex-chan lover
...Couldn't the mangaka/author stretched out that 1 month to several to make it even the tiniest bit plausible to believe?

Users who are viewing this thread