The Terminally-Ill Side-Character Inside of a Martial Arts Novel (Promo)

the sypnosis/description really hit me hard esp the last line hhhh hope it's not like july found by chance
where the fl died bc of her sickness
but we all cant have what we want

So by someone recommendation, I look it up in Ridibooks.com and copy-paste the Korean title. I was trying to buy the whole book since it's not really that pricey and maybe find someone who willing to translate it for free/cheap price since I provided the whole book.

But when I want to put in the cart and pay, I stop for a second and look at reviews and I'm kind of surprised that this novel got a low rating from readers: 3.8. So when I tried to understand why the low rating and read the review, this is what I found:

1. The story/book consists of 5 volume. The reviewer mostly complained about why the FL(?) still died at the end of the novel. I'm not really sure if it is the female lead or the male lead since they said Namjoo? Yeojuu? I don't really get it.
2. At the start of the story, it dragged way too long and end abruptly. The pacing is all over the place and most of the reader cant correlate with the pacing the author intends to. Also, there's a lot of typos and the editorial is bad?
3. Since this is martial art theme-ish novel, the reviewer is 50:50; some say its good, some say it's bland but mostly the story focusing around romance with martial art background? idk I'm not really sure about this one.

So yeah I'm kinda postponing to buy the book. I don't wanna buy something that'll end up disappointing me. Im kinda sad because the promo looks good and interesting too.

if anybody wants to buy the series, here's the link:
https://ridibooks.com/books/2057108887?_s=search&_q=그+무협지+속+시한부+조연

Users who are viewing this thread