The Tutorial Is Too Hard

Aggregator gang
Omg, a lot of my top korean novels are having a manwha! Just waiting for that sweet toycar novel have its Everyone Else is a Returnee manwha...

But on a serious note.

They kinda butchered the phasing and the atmosphere of the story...

There isn't any point in the story if they skim through the process of his climb in the tutorial when 2/3 of story happened inside of it. The mc is too energetic and the tutorial seems too vibrant. It looks like a generic power fantasy with a generic heroic mc going on anl generic adventure.

I love the novel because of its psychological tag and the depressing nature of the story,
How did this:
images

Turned into this:
61235v1.jpg

UDI

The Web novel took so fucking long with its translation now theres a webtoon! Urgh I hope this won't be the same(probs not both asura and reaper are good with this sorta stuff)

Interesting manwa,, MC probably much better than Overgeared

But still early chapters so imma wait a while

UDI

@Sweet_Seats you 100% right they butchered it. Also they haven't even portrayed the truly insane nature of the mc. Like the Mf gleefully stabs and burns himself to level up. They just completely glossed over his self torture.

After reading all the chapters released so far (18 in total), here are my thoughts:

Pros:
- The art is good and the artist can reproduce movements very well, which adds a certain dynamism to the panels.
- The plot feels interesting at first, but it is difficult to say for sure.
- For RPG lovers, the premise will look very familiar and comfortable.

Cons:
- The main character is very generic; there's no real trace that sets him apart from the crowd, which is terrible since 90% of the time he's the only character in the panels.
- Although the MC becomes strong over time, there is no sense of progression here, mainly due to the fact that the MC is stuck in the tutorial, in a kind of looping, and even tho the challenges change from time to time, this is not enough to stop the feeling of stagnation.
- The author uses paragons like "level up" (that fully restores MC's health and equipment) to save the MC's ass way too often. Whenever MC is facing any real danger, something happens and voilà he's safe and sound again. This element of "luck" is interesting at times, but its repetition makes everything shallow and less intense.
- Since MC is mostly alone in the hell level, there's nearly zero interaction with other players. With no real bound created, it's hard to see a future where MC will have good character development as this often comes from conflict. Interactions are limited to the "world chat", but the MC rarely reads the comments there.

Overall:
This is a good story and that is it. Do not be fooled by the hype created by the readers of the novel, there is nothing special here and it most likely there won't be, it is a story to kill time, but if your time is already limited, I do not recommend you read it.

Aggregator gang
@Archaron oh boy you wouldn't say that the mc is generic if you have read the novel lol. But yeah the manwah adaptation of the mc is very generic.

@bruhclone nah fam, they lost when they tried to time out the chapter posts having them done already. At least lost in view count, that is.

@DragonMail

As i understand they have some kind of beef with each other, some of Reaper scans staff are ex Asura. People discuss Asura in Reaper scans discord and its all neutral/ignoring them/dismissing them as poorer quality, but the Asura discord bans anyone who asks so beef seems to come from their direction as they both want to cover the new/popular kakao series. Same thing happened with SSS-Rank Suicide Hunter

This is super cheesy if you have read alot of fantasy adventure but great start if you are new. It also feels like it's trying to convey more then they can and makes it more bland as a result but thats from my own misgivings and I might be entirely wrong lol please enjoy reading this series.!

Aggregator gang
Honestly, im not sure how this story will be affected if they arent doing the other perspective for this adaption, which is sort of a weird decision.

Oh my god, this manga is so racist, colorist, childish, transphobic, homophobic, misogynistic, bigotist, and sexist

Can we just choose one person to upload for this, its kinda annoying for there to be two uploads for each chapter.
—Edit—
Personally, I don’t care who decides to keep uploading but the beef is getting in the way of other people’s experience when they have nothing to do with it.

If we were to take a vote, I’m with reaper more for this manga, the other one seems too literal and bland.

Users who are viewing this thread